Get ahold of spamhaus?

Hi guys,

Is there any way to get in touch with spamhaus team, except the e-mail on their site to send requests? Looks like they're ignoring us. 6 months in blacklist and counting

Regards,
    Sergey.

If you are not an ISP, they might ignore your request. You will need to ask your ISP to contact them in that case.

We are an ISP...

Each case will have different subject. Make sure you email them from your case with correct subject. I worked with them before, and they did quickly actions.

Well, we have /20 and few /23's blacklisted with comments like "spammer hosting". We've cleared all the networks we had issues with, terminated clients and still we can't get a reply from 'em.

All my experience with spamhaus has been pretty positive. They've always been keen to respond within a few hours, and have always been professional and courteous at that. IMO, they're an example of what a RBL should be run like. Are you sure that you are not blocking their replies?
    Chris Gebhardt
    VIRTBIZ Internet Services
    Web Hosting, Dallas Colocation, Dedicated Server
    virtbiz.com | ph (972)485-4125 | toll-free (866)485-4125

Well, checked maillogs for past month -- nothing from spamhaus except SBL ACKs. Is there any way to contact 'em by other means?

Quote Originally Posted by nihkiruks View Post
    Hi guys,

Is there any way to get in touch with spamhaus team, except the e-mail on their site to send requests? Looks like they're ignoring us. 6 months in blacklist and counting

Regards,
    Sergey.
    I have tried contacting them before to purchase their lists.. but as i remember, it wasn't very effective, and the customer response was very slow.

Perhaps i wasn't a big enough fish. Could they be blocking your mails?

Lawrence
    Tired of Hosting? Let Us Buy You Out!

BUYOUT HOSTING - Where Buyers and Sellers meet!

You should receive autoresponder reply but probably nothing more. Nothing more because they are too negative against small, middle-size company and especially when we talk about firm from East Europe and ex-USSR or about firms registered by emigrants.
    They CAN ignore any request and block /20 range but for me it look just strange that someone still use their block list. While i understand that in most case they have a reason to block many ip's from same ip range due to suspicious "spam host" activity i cannot believe that full ip range used only for sending spam.
    Last few years they block many ip's not only due to spam but also any other illegal activity.
    Again, while i understand that they may have a reason to block range of ip's i can't believe that anyone who want deliver message to own customer can use such block.
    Spamcop policy look for me lot of better.
    TK Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR

nihkiruks

have you sent your mails including right topic in them, I mean code of block itself? Also have you received any auto-replies?

Email sbl-removals@spamhaus.org

They just responded to me.

Well, we've tried all the options. Our support dept is located in Ukraine and that seems to be one of the reasons they're ignoring us.

Sometimes it looks like they just don't care if we try to co-operate or not. Sounds like racism, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by EditDNS-Tyler View Post
    Email sbl-removals@spamhaus.org

They just responded to me.
    Looks like we're on their internal blacklist...

I doubt you are being discriminated against. Most likely the IP you are sending from is also blacklisted for spamming and getting blocked by them. Try signing up for a gMail.com account, then e-mail them from there.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

I'm getting their ACK back. Also, sbl-removals@spamhaus.org is not filtering spam, they're only accepting specific subjects.

They do not block IPs even on their list to the removals address. If you don't receive the a ticket back then they didn't get the mail or you blocked it coming back. Also, you must be using the address listed on ARIN for a response I believe.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

Quote Originally Posted by kris1351 View Post
    They do not block IPs even on their list to the removals address. If you don't receive the a ticket back then they didn't get the mail or you blocked it coming back. Also, you must be using the address listed on ARIN for a response I believe.
    Right, we're getting their ticket numbers (ACK) and we do use e-mail registered with our AS & ARIN.