View Poll Results: Which ticketing system would you use?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • SmarterTools SmarterTrack

2 28.57%
  • WHMCS built-in

5 71.43%

Which ticketing system is better

Assuming DNP with WHMCS, would you go with SmarterTools SmarterTrack or the WHMCS ticketing system and why?
    Last edited by nitrousoxide; 07-07-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Im currently using Osticket. But i also have WHMCS and ill just be switching to that instead ive used the WHMCS ticketing system several time's and decided to kick Osticket to the curb. It's just great.
    But the switch will be made on the 15th of this month as Payton Designs will be doing some work for me.

http://www.accord5.com/trellis is the best ticketing system

"Better" depends on your needs.

If I only received a couple support tickets a day, from a couple customers, shared by a few workers, then almost anything would work. WHMCS would likely be fine; especially if I was already using it. "Better" there means simpler.

It's a completely different issue when you're receiving thousands of messages a day, from thousands of customers, shared by dozens of workers. Then you have a combination of support and collecting e-mail from logs, receipts, leads, notifications, spam, etc. "Better" there means workflow and extensibility.

Given that I'm in the latter group, I'd have to vote for SmarterTicket in your hypothetical poll (if those were the only two options). However, I completely understand why people like WHMCS. Most people don't need more. Use what works -- you don't need a poll for it.
    Jeff Standen, Chief of R&D, WebGroup Media LLC. - LinkedIn
    Cerb is a fast and flexible web-based platform for business collaboration and automation. http://www.cerbweb.com/

Excellent answer jstanden, I should've given more "environment variables" in my hypothetical scenario

I'm interested in knowing which system you (those of you who are familiar with both) would deploy for a new hosting startup. So we're working with small numbers here for a little while, both in clients and staff, and will ramp up when/as needed. Also, simpler is better as far as complexity goes. Having tools to get the job done is fine. Having tools for the tools is not.

If there's something else outside the box worth mentioning please do. Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Cheers
    Last edited by nitrousoxide; 07-07-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Well I can't change my poll vote, but if the question was "Which of these would you use for a new hosting startup?" I'd have said WHMCS.
    Jeff Standen, Chief of R&D, WebGroup Media LLC. - LinkedIn
    Cerb is a fast and flexible web-based platform for business collaboration and automation. http://www.cerbweb.com/

We are using the exact same setup - DNP + WHMCS (billing + support tickets) and it is working great!

Rick
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

I would have to agree with jstanden, if you don't have too many clients to deal with at the moment then use the WHMCS built in ticketing system.
    UsefulPC.com
    Fast, Secure and Reliable Hosting Solutions