hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Specialty Hosting and Markets : VOIP etc : Virtual Phone Number to SIP providers?
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Virtual Phone Number to SIP providers?

Closed Thread Post New Thread In VOIP etc Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Web Hosting Master

Virtual Phone Number to SIP providers?

Hey guys, im looking for a virtual phone number provider. I only need between 1 - 5 numbers and im looking for people to suggest some providers.

Im looking for under $10 a month per number, but must include atleast 1000minutes.

I was trying to use virtualphoneline.com, but its far to complicated and there system is just a mess.

Any other providers out there people have used?

Best,
Nathaniel

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 02:20 PM
The Elitest Guru

Google Voice can do this. However, it is hard to get an account as it is still invite only.

SkypeIn and SkypeOut can also be used. SkypeIn will give you the virtual number, and SkypeOut will allow you to forward the number to a line of your choice.

http://myhost4life.com/

Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Web Hosting Master

Hi, what i mean is, i have a pbx box and i require a few local numbers to be pointed to it. I dont want any skype rubbish.

Best,

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 05:26 PM

Ring Central is a good choice for a virtual phone service for businesses. For what your looking for (1000min & $9 a month) they may not be suitable, but I recommend them due to their service and performance. From a business-minded point of view, I recommend coughing up the extra cash, for something that will provide better service.

Like eLiTeGuRu stated, SkypeIn and SkypeOut is an excellent choice if your looking for something simple, they also have very low rates for calls around the world.

I'm currently a Google Voice user and I must admit that although I love their service, I have submitted a request that they provide access for business in the near future. If they do create a similar service for business use that allow for multiple phone numbers, I believe they can be the top choice for what you may be looking for.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

Are you looking for a specific region? Do you want toll free or local numbers?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Web Hosting Master

We are looking for the Cardiff Area (02920) UK

Best,

Old 07-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

The numbers I've had with callwithus.com (a US company but with a UK SIP server) have worked well, or I've heard good things about voiptalk.org - http://www.voiptalk.org/products/UK+Geographic+Numbers

Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucasia View Post
callwithus.com (a US company but with a UK SIP server)
UPDATE: Apparently UK DIDs are not always routed via the UK SIP server so it would definitely be worth checking this before ordering if you look at callwithus.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Corporate Member

didx.net ....

Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Web Hosting Master

Deltathree is like $5 per DID number with unlimited incoming.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Community Guide

Checkout C4L's VoIP service (under the brand OrbisTelecom.)

They should be able to provide you with a virtual phone number (or more if you need them) with an area code of your choice. Though, your budget is pretty low for 1000 minutes, so you may need to expect to pay more unless you commit to a longer contract or pay more upfront.

Hope that helps,

Closed Thread