any thoughts on hostmds ?

Has anyone had experience with hostmds ( ? I need to buy a dedicated server for hosting 2-3 high traffic web sites and probably a small email server. HostMDS' datacenter is located in Canada which suites my needs. Their prices are good enough , if not cheap... Your opinion is highly appreciated . Thank you.

I'd suggest doing a search, there's plenty of info on WHT about them.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

I've never heard of the company or seen them around. I've been part of the web hosting industry for 4+ years so that should tell you something. You can do research on WHT but also look to Google. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Chicago, IL USA
    Hello emergesync,

Welcome to WHT!

I cannot say I have ever heard of them either. Are they new on the scene? Course, that does not mean anything - they can still be a good company. I would do a GOOGLE seach first - see what is being said about them on the net. Also, do a quick check here at WHT.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

San Francisco
    There have been some threads of them on WHT claiming to have a $10 "server". The search tool is your best friend. Here are some reviews of hem also,,, and

thank you for your response . i did some research on google and they seem to be a pretty reputable company . ..and yes i saw the "$10 server" - it's unbelievable i don't know how they are covering the expenses to keep these running...

Check this recent thread here if you have not noticed that yet. I hope it will help your search on them.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    There have been some threads of them on WHT claiming to have a $10 "server". The search tool is your best friend. Here are some reviews of hem also,,, and
    It's not a 'server', it's an actual server. Sure, it might be a desktop computer, but other DC's are using desktop computers as well. (Tailor Made comes to mind.. my server with them was a Dell Optiplex desktop.) Or are you commenting on the fact that the server is a Pentium 3?