Netdirekt outage?

Hmm, it would be my luck. I lease some hardware in netdirekt the evening before, get everything set up for production, and then some sort of fiber cut happens...

I can't even access netdirekt.de, so I guess it is some major problem. Neither can pingdom.

Does anyone here have any insight into what the problem may be? I heard there was a possible fiber cut in Frankfurt, but have no way of knowing if that is true or not.

All my boxes located at Netdirekt are down, I got cut off in the middle of compiling an app.

/me is pissed off!

Down for 24 min 14 seconds .. AND counting!!

-joseph

netdirekt.de is accessible, but my equipment is not yet. i guess it is starting to come back up now.

also: kunden.netdirekt.de is still down, so i cant even open a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by nenolod View Post
    also: kunden.netdirekt.de is still down, so i cant even open a ticket
    Since when does netdirekt have a ticketing system? Netdirekt is so 1999 we might get a ticketing system in 2019..

Well one of my servers are back.

7 of my servers are up but remaining are still down.

It was a power outage!

MY uptime box that had 596 days of uptime is now dead! 4 minutes of uptime..

@update; it was not a complete datacenter poweroff!

MY box that I have setup 5 days ago had not been powered off, just my box that had 596 days uptime (why does it have to be the one that attracts customers?)
    Last edited by BoraI; 07-07-2009 at 02:38 AM.

****'s still down over here

Gotta learn to love netdirekt! :-)

My server (507 days of uptime) and customer.netdirekt.de down.

my server is up again, lets hope this doesn't happen in the future

Server is up. Downtime: 1 h 45 m 45 s

All servers are up and running! (mine at least)

Is this outage covered by NetDirekt's SLA?

§ 10 Service availability
    (1) netdirekt provides services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Essential service interruptions for preventative maintenance work will be announced as early as possible. netdirekt will remedy errors in its technical systems as soon as possible within current technical and operational competencies. Downtime will not be more than 48 hours per year.
    (2) Lengthy downtime will be compensated with a credit entry in the next invoice. Credit is calculated as the percentage of downtime of one week’s availability (7 days x 24 hours = 168 hours). The invoice will then be reduced by this percentage.
    (3) Non-availability for which netdirekt is not responsible, e.g. Backbone non-availability, is not included in this guarantee.
    It seems the credits are minimal as NetDirekt requires a full week outage to give 100% credit.

Netdirekt has that there to have an SLA.

I had an AMD box crash on me the other week and it was night in Germany, they couldn't give a replacement and they replaced it in the morning.

Then we asked for KVM and Lenny and they asked us to use the rescue and said it would only kill the first disk and now my customer is complaining why I killed his 2nd HDD which had his backups.

A Quadcore Fujitsu powering itself off not booting CentOS;

Server delivery to netdirekt being delayed by 20 days.

Now this power-outage :-O something is going on with netdirekt.

I assume its all because Wagner is out of the DC for a few days...

Everything it seems is back. I had 35 minutes downtime which is (almost) nothing to me. The only thing that concerns me is "power outage???". I thought they have generators and things.
    I don't know why, but I have the impression that when netdirekt does something bad, everyone is here to complain, but nobody is here to give them a nice word. We forget to do that when we have no problems at all
    Also, only 2 of my 3 servers went off, I guess this issue wasn't datacenter-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by xeno007 View Post
    Everything it seems is back. I had 35 minutes downtime which is (almost) nothing to me. The only thing that concerns me is "power outage???". I thought they have generators and things.
    I don't know why, but I have the impression that when netdirekt does something bad, everyone is here to complain, but nobody is here to give them a nice word. We forget to do that when we have no problems at all
    Also, only 2 of my 3 servers went off, I guess this issue wasn't datacenter-wide.
    For each thread looking for EU providers I recommend NetDirekt.

Many other WHT members recommend NetDirekt regularly. Just do a search.

This thread was created in the section "Providers and Network Outages and Updates". It doesn't mean NetDirekt did something bad or everyone is complaining. NetDirekt customers created, posted, and read this thread because their servers went down and no timely information was received from NetDirekt. In fact, until now there isn't a single word from NetDirekt about the outage. Simple like that.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 07-07-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xeno007 View Post
    One thing about you saying complaining...
    -- Yes I am here and complaining because I never received a response to what was happening at first, and wanted to let other netdirekt users know because my customer came to me and said whats going on, I was like I wish I knew what was going on.

Then 5 minutes later he came back and said hey i'm gonna see if other people on wht are experiencing this issue or if it is only us, and we started this thread.

Anyways; Although I have been working with netdirekt over the last 6 years and have been actively reselling them for over two years now; I have always recommended Netdirekt to WHT fans that were looking for servers in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    For each thread looking for EU providers I recommend NetDirekt.

Many other WHT members recommend NetDirekt regularly. Just do a search.

This thread was created in the section "Providers and Network Outages and Updates". It doesn't mean NetDirekt did something bad or everyone is complaining. NetDirekt customers created, posted, and read this thread because their servers went down and no timely information was received from NetDirekt. In fact, until now there isn't a single word from NetDirekt about the outage. Simple like that.
    dotHostel I don't know if you are a reseller of netdirekt or just a user but I have to say that I received a response from netdirekt (a newsletter) that is usually sent to resellers, maybe you are not on the list? or maybe it has only been sent to resellers.

However one of my customers has sent an email to them and they have replied in a timely manner.

Now I don't know if the user "netdirekt" will come here and give an official explanation (I think they only used that username when they were taking over the Vectoral customers).

But here is what happened yesterday.

There was a power outage NOT in the whole datacenter but on the lines that had their Main networking equipment and some servers.

Netdirekt does indeed have UPS backups and Diesel Generators however the UPS backups can only keep the datacenter up for 5 Minutes, and in those 5 minutes the Diesel Generators should kick-in (which for some strange reason didn't).

Wito said they will be investigating the issue.

I will be posting back when I learn more.

--: Gotta Learn to love netdirekt! or not work with them :-)

Their hardware and network is superb yes every once in a while you get problems in this thread but thats not that bad I assume?

2 hours of downtime in 590 days...

@Dynaceron

Thanks for the update.

I'm not a NetDirekt's reseller and I don't receive e-mail from them except the monthly invoice. :-)

I'm a happy customer but I think NetDirekt needs improvements, as an emergency site. It was an extended outage and WHT was the only place I found some information about what was supposedly happening.

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    @Dynaceron

Thanks for the update.

I'm not a NetDirekt's reseller and I don't receive e-mail from them except the monthly invoice. :-)

I'm a happy customer but I think NetDirekt needs improvements, as an emergency site. It was an extended outage and WHT was the only place I found some information about what was supposedly happening.
    I never had huge problems with netdirekt and what should I say, if I had huge problems I wouldn't be working with them.

Yes yesterday was unexpected but again last downtime was 590 something days or more ago. I might have rebooted the server 590 days ago accidentally (I can't remember).

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaceron View Post
    I never had huge problems with netdirekt and what should I say, if I had huge problems I wouldn't be working with them.

Yes yesterday was unexpected but again last downtime was 590 something days or more ago. I might have rebooted the server 590 days ago accidentally (I can't remember).

I never had a single issue with NetDirekt. The server uptime was 507 days because I rebooted the server 507 days ago.

My point is when you have a solid server, network, company, uptime counted in years, you start to take for granted everything is ok. But this outage showed a hidden flaw: lack of communication. In this sense I think NetDirekt needs to improve its controls and procedures.

Yes communication is important, I think that netdirekt should have their domain also hosted at another company outside of netdirekt and post information there regularly like a network uptime page.

But again netdirekt is soo 1999 (no ipv6), no ticketing system, abuse ticketing system everytime there is an abuse you get a different password and username, why not one login where you can check all the abuses and archive them for all your servers?

Also I think that they should have more than one person working at nights.

I email with them regularly like since 31/03/2009 we have send and received 468 emails. (thats all that I have archived in my inbox) maybe theres even more that I have deleted.

But again I told them and the WHT community that I love those guys, they are awesome except for some flaws like this or as i mentioned earlier in the topic.