* Hsphere serious limits for Italian users.

Hello,

First of all, I think hsphere is a great piece of software.

I'm posting this message because there's a problem with the italian version of this login panel.
    It contains a message that leads to an italian hosting company (ganesh). Also in the title of the window it appears the name of this host.
    It sure doesn't look professional, mainly because you you cannot use it for doing business with an ad to a competitor!
    Also, only in italian there's this message, other translations are correct. How come?

I cannot understand the reason to localize hsphere in italian when there's a serious issue that never got answered in several posts made to psoft's forum. The issue is that by not having complete control over the DNS zone, the italian NIC doesn't permit the zone transfer for .it domains.
    This is the error: MX references a CNAME record. Other european NIC signal this error (ie. dutch one), but they still permit the zone ttransfer. The italian NIC is more tight about it.
    So, it seems like a potential market of italian resellers is closed for psoft.

Alessandro

Boy you seem to be haviing fun with H-Sphere..

I'm posting this message because there's a problem with the italian version of this login panel.
    It contains a message that leads to an italian hosting company (ganesh). Also in the title of the window it appears the name of this host.
    Well I can't read and italian But the title at the top should just say H-Sphere unless the host changed it. H-Sphere is just the name of the CP.

It sure doesn't look professional, mainly because you you cannot use it for doing business with an ad to a competitor!
    Also, only in italian there's this message, other translations are correct. How come?
    You have control over any banners or logs in H-Sphere you just need to know where to look..

I think this is the one your missin : http://www.matrixreseller.com/tutori...23_rs_logo.htm

I cannot understand the reason to localize hsphere in italian when there's a serious issue that never got answered in several posts made to psoft's forum. The issue is that by not having complete control over the DNS zone, the italian NIC doesn't permit the zone transfer for .it domains.
    That seems a little odd.. Why would they care. I would think your just going to be making name server and point to them why would you need any more control?

This is the error: MX references a CNAME record. Other european NIC signal this error (ie. dutch one), but they still permit the zone ttransfer. The italian NIC is more tight about it.
    I don't know of any MX problems in H-Sphere really or at least not with any other TLD like .com.

All it does is take MX domain.com and point it to mail.resellersservicedomain.com not sure whats wrong with that..

Boy you seem to be haviing fun with H-Sphere..
    Yes, I like to study new things...

Well I can't read and italian But the title at the top should just say H-Sphere unless the host changed it. H-Sphere is just the name of the CP.
    Sorry, I ment the window where you sign in for a plan. Look at the image I upload, it gives you the idea...

You have control over any banners or logs in H-Sphere you just need to know where to look..
    In fact I already personalized the CP (cp.integradns.com), but the text contained in the links to the plans isn't modificable by me (I suppose).

quote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

That seems a little odd.. Why would they care. I would think your just going to be making name server and point to them why would you need any more control?
    It IS odd, but the italian NIC automatic check (I can send you the response) refuse the transfer if they find that MX references a CNAME record (like by default is set in Hsphere and isn't changeable). This problem is common to several other italian potential hosters (ie. check for the post of Glauco in matrix's forum).

quote:

I don't know of any MX problems in H-Sphere really or at least not with any other TLD like .com.
    Me too, all other domains I transferred work perfectly. It's only an italian NIC problem for .it domains :-(

All it does is take MX domain.com and point it to mail.resellersservicedomain.com not sure whats wrong with that..
    For me nothing, but it seems like our NIC wants to be special...

Thank you for your reply.

Alessandro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Sorry about that, I think it was left there by mistake.

You can edit thouse messages in
    ~cpanel/shiva/psoft/hsphere/lang/hsphere_lang_it.properties
    (on the CP server)

Just edit the file, and modify it.

For iseletsk

I believe the message is for Vortech/matrixreseller...

Vortech

as I've already posted on the Matrixreseller forum (click here), a FAQ of the newsgroup comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains states that an MX record should point to an A record (as you can read here ): "recommend not using CNAME in an MX record given that
    some people will probably take RFC 2181 at face value, with the result that
    some implementations may fail to properly resolve MX queries that return a
    CNAME".

Even if almost every mail node implementation will work fine even if an MX points to a CNAME, everybody knowing the RFCs will recommend you to make MX point to A records.

All that said, the real problem we have, is that the Italian authority does not allow us to delegate your name servers, because HSphere creates an MX record pointing to a CNAME (I agree with you that it should be a problem to me if my domain doesn't work properly, but Italian authorities always believe they have to "protect" Italian citizens...)

Furthermore, I've found many messages from other foreign hosters (using HSphere) requiring to have the MX record pointing to an A record because, for instance, both the dutch authority and the authority for .nl domains, return them WARNINGS for this reason (but while the .it authority does not allow the delegation, those other authorities do, even if the warn).

Hosting Controller is not as complete as HSphere, but it allows a full text editing for the zone. This would solve our problem. Another simple solution would be the chance to delete the default MX record by control panel and to add a new one (pointing to an A record).

Glauco
    http://www.vbsdb.com
    VBSdb, the VBScript open source object
    for fast database driven web development

For Vortech

Thank you for the mail, I forgot to mention I'm a matrixreseller customer...

Just to let everybody know, I received a message from psoft stating the following about the MX>CNAME problem:

"We are working on resolving this issue. It is true for all european
    registrars, and should be resolved soon. "

I hope we (italian customers ) don't have to wait too much...

If there could be some workaround from the host side (like deleting the default MX>CNAME record in hsphere) it would be nice to know.

Best Regards to everyone that posted here.

This might sound to obvious to be correct but...

Why not just delete H Sphere's default settings and create new dns settings with A records? I'm not a dns guru so I don't know if that would work but its worth a try, no?
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

It would be perfect, but an answer here can only be given from psoft or (in my case) my hoster vortech.

I don't know, but I believe is more easy to say then implement.

Everyday

With H-Sphere, there's no way to delete the default MX record pointing to a CNAME.

(at least, this is the result of my researches)

Glauco

Yes, the reseller can. They would go into server aliases, delete the proper entries, then click edit under dns manager and enter all the dns records as custom. This is provided that the host allows the reseller to have custom records.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged

Smile For Everyday (and Glauco, of course)

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, you're saying that the my hoster (matrixreseller) is able to eliminate or making me able to edit the records I signed in red in the image I uploaded?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dnsimage.jpg  

That is the end user control panel, not the reseller panel. So you would need to ask matrix to give you the ability to customize your dns settings then it should be ok.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged

Thank you, if things are like this I don't know why tech support didn't "support", I'm not the only one having this problem.
    Probably they have scheduled more important things at the moment...

Can Vortech or somebody from matrix throw an opinion?
    Alessandro

Integrato, you might want to put a support ticket into vortech and just reference this post. I know that most hosts will not use WHT as a support area, us included. That would probably get you a much faster response.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged

Already did that 2 days ago...

Alessandro
    Alessandro

integrato, we got your ticket just waiting on Psoft for some answers as they were not to clear here..

We are updating to 2.3 RC3 today so don't want to go in make change and its also messed up in the new version and have to go back and do it again.

I also replied to your emails to give you and update.

Did not want to reply to your ticket because H-Sphere would close it and I would just lose the ticket.. The one thing I hate about that ticket system.

Smile Don't worry, be happy

I'm very patience, as long as I believe People are doing their job.

Didn't know that thing about TT, I won't stress you anymore with it.
    Anyway, at the moment I like your company. Let's fix that MX->CNAME problem and I'll sponsor you here in Italy ;-)
    Alessandro

About the MX>CNAME problem.
    Adding a custom MX record with higher priority does't pass the Nic's test. That record must be simply removed (as Glauco already stated).

I still don't understand if only psoft can manage this...
    Alessandro

Smile Good news for European resellers...

I want to thank Mr. Igor Seletskiy of psoft for having found the time to mail me that they are already working on the patch. It should be released by the end of the next week.
    Alessandro

MX record -> CNAME

Hello,

any news from Psoft about this subject?

I've been using HSphere for a while and until now this is the only serious issue I can complain about.

I would really like to allow my customers to move their .it sites in my HSphere driven account.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Glauco

I know psoft is working on the patch, as I stated before. Probably they are having some difficulties because it isn't released yet.
    I'm waiting for more precise info from Igor Seletskiy of psoft.
    Cross your fingers ;-)
    Alessandro

This is a message for all those europeans that are mailing me if the issue is resolved.

I have to say no, at the moment.

I'm sorry I cannot write to all of you. I will post here as soon as I have (good) news.
    Alessandro

Latest News

The patch was developed, but is under throught testing. Psoft thinks it will be part of the next RC release or of the final 2.3.
    Alessandro

Hello to everybody.

I haven't checked it yet, but I was told the MX>CNAME issue is fixed in Hsphere RC4.
    Here is the message I received from psoft's support few days ago:

PSOFT
    Actually, we have resolved the problem with CNAME and MX records in RC4. Since now, H-Sphere creates A records instead of CNAME for server aliases. However, only new reseller's server aliases will be created with the correct data automatically. In order to correct the existing server aliases (for existing resellers), the hosting system admin (or resellers by themselves) should log into reseller's admin CPs, delete existing server aliases there, and create new aliases. Hope, this can shed some light on the issue.

For those asking if changing the servers alias could cause problems with the domains already online, here's the answer from Vortech/Matrixreseller support:

VORTECH
    No it should not change the IP. This should just change it from Canamed to our something.hsphere.cc to the IP but the IP goes the same place as the something.hsphere.cc so there should be no down time if you delete these.

I want to thank the People from Psoft and Vortech that followed me (us...) in this issue. Especially those that I bothered periodically in these months (great patience...).

Last thing about the leading ad to a private reseller in the italian version of the control panel.
    I'm personally checking and updating the italian version of Hsphere directly in contact with Psoft's technicians.
    It's a quite simple work but is long to do. Any help from an italian translator with a minimal confidence with Hsphere and internet's terms would be appreciated.
    Alessandro