Thread: Hosting Company

Hosting Company

Hey, if a company have had a bad name is there anyway i can put it back online and work on it to get the name back to excellent again?

are you talking about a ltd. co. ?

when you say 'bad name', what exactly do you mean ?
    bad reputation, bad credit, bad anything else ?
    bad google ranking ?

i think he means bad rep in terms of reviews - i could be wrong

but if you mean that, you could always try to do that but it will be harder for you to bring it back up if there are negative reviews about it all over the net - if you weren't yourself responsible for the bad rep then you could try to do that but if your own name is tied in with the company's bad rep then a whois check would put you back in the hole.

you could give it a shot. but why would it get a "bad name" or did I just misunderstand what you meant?

I think it can be done through a lot of hard work and sincere customer support. You must do an extra mile support, do more than what is expected to all of your clients and ask them to post their sincere heartfelt reviews to web hosting review websites.

That should gradually restores the good name of the company.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Just b sincere, dedicated and good hosting services which can please the customer and force the customer to stay with you. This might help and yes you must provide good and quick support too.

its the bad reputation and i it was my mates company what i am trying to get back on he's feet but i don't know if i able too i got my company to run and i am going great getting it registered Limited this week so that will open more doors for us but i think it will be bad to allow another good company name to go down the like other company's who scam people and my m8 got it off a kid who said he haves alot of clients and got a owned vb license, etc he got screen shots to see if he was lie-ing and they looked real but then month later he got contacted by vBulleitn about Unlicensed vbulletin forums and then the dedi server was put offline
    Last edited by Christopher2009; 07-06-2009 at 05:09 PM.

If your regarding a bad review / client experience then I would say, "Yes, its possible to overcome this." It's going to take a great deal of time and effort on your behalf but it can be done.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

cool, as i don't think this company should be named don't use because of the previous owner wanted to trick people

From what your saying, I'd think about creating a new 'brand' [lets call it brand 'x'], then sell the existing business [lets call it brand 'old'] to brand 'x'.
    Tell all the customers that the business is 'starting afresh' and that you are offering a 'loyality' bonus of 1 months free hosting if they remain with brand 'x' throughout the 'change over' and any associated 'hic ups' that may occur [although you do not forsee any hic ups, you are simply trying to be realistic, which is something the previous business owner failed to do].

Or simply start brand 'x' and offer brand 'old' customers the option to join bran'x' or find alternative hosting.

I can't see much value in trying to 're-invent brand 'old' simply because it is possible.

ok, thanks for your help i will get back to you and tell you how it goes