Dedicated Server Solution

Hi,

i need help in High Availability and Disaster Recovery,
    what is the best approach for HA and DR for 2 web server and 1 database server ?
    rapid growth is also a major concern.

also I am looking for hosting provider which can host my web and database server on different geographical locations with HA and DR solution.

Soft Layer actually has a good solution for this with their global load balance and private ethernet solution if your looking for a geographical setup. There are many other providers who could provide affordable high availability solutions too. Make sure you do your research on a provider carefully. High availability is sometimes promised but unable to be delivered on.
    TurnKey Internet, Inc : phone 1.518.618.0999 and 1.877.539.4638 | Contact Us
    Cloud Servers | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VPS | Mail Services | Reseller hosting
    New York / East Coast Green Datacenter

Hello Shaqeel,

You need to place the servers in a Cluster to start. Use RAID on each server for sure. I would also add HeartBeat for failover. Finally, off site backups.

Any competant datacenter can offer you the above. You might check out the offers section here at WHT as well - see what is available.

Let us know how you make out!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Softlayer has global load balancing, so you can try to contact their sales department.

They are expensive, but their service is top notch!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqeel View Post
    Hi,

i need help in High Availability and Disaster Recovery,
    what is the best approach for HA and DR for 2 web server and 1 database server ?
    rapid growth is also a major concern.
    Hi,

Are you looking to implement this using shared accounts, VPS nodes, or actual physical nodes? The shared account approach is cheaper but performance-averse. Anyway, high availability AND failover effectively doubles the number of servers that you need. Depending on your current capacity needs, You might be able to collapse the 3 servers that you have into two servers (over time becoming N+1) and one DR (N+1 as well) server. Three-way database replication is the best approach in this case.

It's difficult to recommend a solution with so many unknowns. What is your current resource usage? What do you project in terms of growth? And, last but not least, what is your starting budget for this task?

Regards
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

Thanks for informative information,

Unixy = we are looking for Dedicated servers, for failover and DR yes we need to double our servers.

Confusion,

I contact Softlayer and serverintellect both data center are located on same cites even few images are same on his websites.

have a look
    http://www.softlayer.com/facilities_network.html
    http://www.serverintellect.com/datacenter/

kindly recommand me best hosting company in terms of support, network and downtime.

You haven't answered pretty much any of Unixy's questions. These are pretty important things to know for a host.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

We are launching an e-commerce project and this is an new project, i cant tell you the exact figures right now but we are expecting lots of traffic.

Regarding the budget it is open.

Here's what I'd recommend: 1 web and 1 db server in each location, with the main location having the master MySQL server and the second one a slave MySQL server which turns to master in the event one of your locations goes down. There is a bit of configuration to be done here and there but it's possible without extra hardware for load balancing. For failover on the cheap you can go with DNS failover.

This sort of setup will depend on how your application is built, assuming it is for Linux/Apache Mysql and PHP. You need to talk to some hosts and get a quote, though any serious datacenter will rarely have any trouble.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions