Question Best "no hassle" web host?

Which is the best web host where you have no problems with the billing, services, legal etc?
    I have ruled out these hosts:

hostgator: because i was with them and i cancelled my account and it turned out it wasn't cancelled.

Godaddy: because there is not even an option when a user logs in to Close/delete their entire account and because of other controverseys you can read about on wikipedia.

What type of website/content do you intend on hosting?

As long as you aren't looking to host any illegal content, most hosts who use WHMCS (or possibly ClientExec) should be fine since they allow for auto-payment (i.e. by creating PP subscription, or auto-billing your CC on file), and you can also request a cancellation via it if I recall correctly.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

as tristan said, as long as your content is legal, most hosts wouldn't give you a problem but no host is perfect - you have to expect a problem sooner or later with billing or delay in support (legal issues are another thing)

and godaddy doesn't have great reviews for being a host but they are still a great registrar - hostgator has its share of positive and negative reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DH - Tristan Perry View Post
    As long as you aren't looking to host any illegal content, most hosts who use WHMCS (or possibly ClientExec) should be fine since they allow for auto-payment (i.e. by creating PP subscription, or auto-billing your CC on file), and you can also request a cancellation via it if I recall correctly.
    With a paypal subscription, you could easily cancel your end of things. They may send you billing overdue notices if they haven't taken you out of their system, but they at least won't get any more money. I don't think a lot of hosts would give you a hassle about this.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

There is no best webhost, only one that is best for you

Can you please give us more details as to what sort of requirements you have?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Best thing to do is look around for a promo deal with either free or $1 web hosting. If you got no problems - stick with them.

any others that are good and reliable with a limit of 10 websites. I don't want unlimited website domains due to spammy sites and users.

I think most hosts have stopped limiting the amount of domains you can have on your site. There are still a few who limit it, but they're getting more rare.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

A lot of the web hosting companies out there are the same. I would go with the more popular hosts, because they are the ones that have the people and resources to keep you as a customer, as opposed to those who are just doing this as their hobby.
    Kaumil P.

Is there such a thing? I have hosted with www.hostgator.com but was not very impressed with their support. They also gave me a hard time when I asked for the user/pass to transfer my domain away (they originally paid for it). I hosted with them for more than a year.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 07-10-2009 at 04:38 AM.

Indeed, my website is hosted since a few years by such an "amateurish hobbyist hoster" and I am very satisfied. Just before this, a terrible customer experience with a "so-called professional hoster" named VistaPages (*) that hosted my website only about 4 months forced me to leave whilst I paid 2 years in advance. Although, I've never seen any refund for the 20 months, I never had any regret of my decision to switch to my "amateurish hoster", even though I still had about 20 months left.

Indeed this "cheap professional" hosting was in fact extremely expensive and unprofessional if you take both price and quality into account!

(*) I'm sure customer satisfaction among people using the "Windows of Vista" is much higher than satisfaction of Vistapages customers. Yes, I heard Windows Vista is not as satisfying as other Windows versions.

Cool

To the OP (kind of got a hijack in the middle)
    If your content is legal you should be able to easily get month-to month PayPal or Credit Card and a cancellation link on every invoice w/no hassles about canceling and no requirement to pay in advance...like others said--as long as YOUR content is legal.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    There is no best webhost, only one that is best for you
    Agreed. There is a wide range of hosts, and a good host for you depends on how much resources you intend to use, what type of site you want to make and how big your budget is. There are a lot of "no hassle" web hosts out there too, the smaller ones are usually better in this regard, but always look around and compare.

The OP has not responded back since his initial post as of yet, Though these are small little issues that can happen and do happen. Simply contacting the host in regards to those issues may resolve them.

Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee