1. Dedicated Vs Share Server

Can anyone explain to me in simple words what is the meaning of dedicated server compare to shared hosting.

What is the advantage and disadvantage? i need to know this before getting a new hosting for my site

Shared web hosting, with many websites hosted on the same server, is the most common form of web hosting service. Numerous clients' websites are housed together to share the same resources (processor, memory, bandwidth, software), and the number of sites per server can be up into the thousands. In recent years, this hosting option has dynamically grown to become the most popular one.

Dedicated hosting is the renting of a server from a web hosting provider. The server is not shared by anyone else, which affords the operator complete control of the machine. There are generally two types of dedicated hosting: managed and unmanaged.

Source: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/Shared_hosting, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/Dedicated_hosting

Quote Originally Posted by cheap_kaspersky View Post
    Can anyone explain to me in simple words what is the meaning of dedicated server compare to shared hosting.

What is the advantage and disadvantage? i need to know this before getting a new hosting for my site
    If the site is new it would be more affordable for you to start with shared hosting. The difference between shared and dedicated is that shared is on a server with many other accounts, while a dedicated server is by itself (completely yours).

Quote Originally Posted by cheap_kaspersky View Post

There's an overlap between the two types of hosting, which can cause confusion. A server can host one or as many as thousands of accounts. When it hosts one account, it's a dedicated server. When it hosts multiple independent accounts it's called a shared server. An account can be as little as one Website or a number of websites belonging to one person.

Best
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

5. You have explained the finest answer. Thank you for the valuable knowledge. My hosting site currently run on shared hosting but i never really understand about it.

In shared webhosting you are sharing a single IP address with the others account. The shared hosting has slower response time as many account is sharing the single server(but depend on the hardware configs). With dedicated your server has faster response with high traffic loads as only your sites are hosted on it. In dedicated server you can install application as per your requirements, which may not be allowed in shared hosting provider.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles