joomla hosting with good support on a budget

do you know of any?
    I need good joomla support
    I will try to do stuff by myself
    I know SQL c++ html css vb

little php-mysql-functions

its for a facebook mixed with an online magazine with articles created by users

What sort of budget do you have?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

you don't need c++ or VB for joomla - just css, html, php, and sql would do - and almost any host would be able to support joomla so depending on budget and how much space/bw you need, you shouldn't have a hard time finding something - if you want easy joomla installs then I'd recommend going with a company with either installatron or fantastico and check the offers section for deals and ask if they support joomla, etc.

good luck

Most hosts with cPanel have Fantastico Deluxe installer, and that installs most of the major CMS, Drupal, Joomla, Xoops, etc.

To run Joomla without problems you need a host that has Safe Mode and Register_globals turned off, phpsuexec or suPHP is recommended for easy files and folders permission management and better security.
    Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting - Email Marketing
    BuyHTTP, LLC - R1Soft CDP backup and RVsitebuilder included with all shared/reseller plans
    Cloud Hosting Truly redundant high available cloud from a trusted name.

Quote Originally Posted by luespi View Post
    I need good joomla support
    I will try to do stuff by myself
    Sorry, but you will need to do stuff yourself, or pay someone to do it for you.

I think you may be misunderstanding the roles of host and developer. The host's role is to provide and maintain a system on which you can install Joomla and develop your site. Almost all hosts offer a system on which Joomla will run; many of them also provide an auto-installer to make the initial installation easier; some even provide "Software as a service" (SaaS) where they maintain and update the Joomla install. The more the host does the more you should expect to pay, so SaaS may well be incompatible with your "on a budget" request, depending on exactly what your budget is.

But in all cases it's up to you to create the website. Some hosts may be willing to help you to a degree (and again, the amount you pay is likely to influence how far they're willing to go) but ultimately it's your job to build your site or hire a developer to do it for you.

I think you should start by getting your site built, then look for hosting when it's ready. You can run Joomla on a home computer for test and development (eg. running xampp) or if you decide to hire a developer they should have their own systems to work on.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

You do not need much if any programming knowledge to host a joomla website. Just a webhost with one-click install such as Fantastico or Installatron would do.

I think almost every good host provides support for joomla and other related tools. Have you done any research yet or have u looked any webhost for their options even?=)

Quote Originally Posted by arty101 View Post
    I think almost every good host provides support for joomla and other related tools. Have you done any research yet or have u looked any webhost for their options even?=)
    Most hosts will provide a way to install joomla and I'd guess basic support. I wouldn't *generally* expect all hosts to provide direct support for a joomla installation as that would be application support.

Most hosts are there to provide OS/Control Panel/Hardware/Network support. Just understand that the host will expect you to have some basic knowledge of the application.

Best of luck in your search.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com