Talking Create a symlink between different users that targets to PHP

Hi, I’ve been working on a project for weeks and I can not solve this, hope you can give me an idea. I am working on a dedicated server, and I need to create some symlinks between different accounts and users...
    Both accounts are on the same partition of the server (home) and I have root access and SSH access for everything.
    If I create a symlink to a directory of another account and on that directory there is any HTML file (e.g. Index.html), that symlink works great and it shows the content on that file.
    HOWEVER if the symlink targets to a directory in which there is a PHP file (e.g. Index.php) or any script programmed in PHP (e.g. Joomla) it does not work and gives...
    “Internal Server Error” + Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered...

When I go to Cpanel the “error log” says...

[Sun Jul 05 09:15] [error] [client zz] File does not exist: /home/zzz/public_html/500.shtml
    [Sun Jul 05 09:15] [error] [client zz] SoftException in Application.cpp:367: Mismatch between target UID (123) and UID (123) of file "/home/zzz/public_html/my-dir/my-symlink/index.php"

However, If go to SSH and edit server owner of the symlink, so both symlink and target file has the same owner (chown user:user directory_name) the problem is the same, but on the “error log” the UID Mismatch disappear and I only find...
    File does not exist: /home/zzz/public_html/500.shtml

I’ve also tried modifying suexec by changing... “domain.com” for “domain-com” on the server alias, and does not work.

Here I give you more info about server file structure...

serveralias generation path...
    /var/cpanel/userdata/USER/DOMAIN

suexec location...
    /usr/local/apache/sbin/suexec

Server Information

System Linux
    Apache Version 2.2.11 (Unix)
    PERL Version 5.8.8
    PHP Version 5.2.8

So the question is... HOW can I create a symlink between different users on the same dedicated server partition, that target to PHP scripts or how can I allow the server to execute PHP scripts through symlinks of different accounts?

Any help would be much appreciated, tks in advance!

I think the issue is because you have installed suexec.

Have you tried full permission to the directories of the symbolic link. Also make sure the permission is there for the apache daemon most probably nobody

I would also suggest you check for openbase_dir settings in your php.ini disable it if it is there.

Talking How to uninstall suexec or edit openbase_dir?

Hi: first of all thanks for your fast reply and for your interest in helping us, that´s excellent.

I just would like to know this:

- If I have to unsinstall suexec, how can I do it? Or where can I find a step by step guide?

- how do I give full permission to the directories if always symbolic link chmod is 777?

- how do I disable openbase_dir on my php.ini?

I want to thank you again for your time, is great to find webmasters helping others, see u...

Which os are you using ?

Talking I´ve tried lots of things...

Hi: in reply to your question, this is the system information...

Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    System Information
    Linux 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    sda: Write Protect is off
    Apache Version 2.2.11 (Unix)
    PERL Version 5.8.8
    Path a PERL /usr/bin/perl
    PHP Version 5.2.8

I went to WHM >> Security >> Security Center >> PHP Open Basedir Tweak >> and disable Open Basedir for both domains... But the problem is still the same.

I´ve also modified the saname of suexec so it will not be considered... But the problem is still the same.

I´ve changed the user owner of both files and directories, to unify them... But the problem is still the same.

Is there any way to have 2 domains and 1 user owner on WHM, or any other ay to solve this? Sincerely... Dglite

Talking Finally solved it...

Hi: I would like to thank you all for your help, it was just great. I was able to solve it. In the end I did not have to use symlinks, but your instructions helped me a lot to understand the situation and were very usefull, I really appreciate that!!!