SeaMonkey info ???

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend ! I'm struggling with computer fixes and want to stop jumping from IE for e-mail and FireFox for browsing. Solution seems to be adding Thunderbird or Sea Monkey......Sea Monkey being a browser as well. Anybody had any experience with this. Sea Monkey sounds like a perfect fix but even FireFox isn't the perfect fix I thught it was going to be.

Any suggestions much appreciated !

I use it daily as my main browser. If you previously tried/used the Mozilla browser, this is pretty much identical to it.

Thunderbird as the email client (though I still personally use Eudora) and SeaMonkey as a web browser works well. T-bird also works fine alone, just like Outlook Express (IE doesn't do email except for webmail apps) does.
    For the record, I didn't like Thunderbird for email. Weird folder system, in that when you have many email accounts set up it creates a set of folders for each. I didn't give it much time.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

hehe, i use seamonkey as a ultra secure, forget everything browser for things I do not want to show up in my main browser

Thanks to both of you for the positive go-ahead. Am learning to ask before leaping now-a-days as computer stuff is moving beyond ordinary web-surfing and e-mail know-how and is (in my humble opinion) becoming more of a
    problem (technically speaking) than an asset. Machine
    is overcoming Man - ye gods !!! Conforting confirmation from a man of almost 10,000 postings. Thanks Bear.

You're welcome, but postcount doesn't mean all that much.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Really ! I think "postcount" probably represents the BEST kind of info --- experiential. I read "how to" books a lot so I don't have to admit my limited knowledge by asking too many questions; yet the books seem like
    (often) compiled answers from other books. "Been there - seen that - done that" kills all the dragons and points
    directly to the answer". Yes, your knowledge must be pretty fine. Many thanks again.