Resell the Edgecast CDN and make a killing!

Yup - VPS.NET have a CDN on the way. It's based on the Edgecast CDN setup.

The offering

We will be able to offer you a fixed flat rate of $0.05/gb across the 16 pops in EU/US/AU/Pacific. And NO contracts - purely pay as you go. So if you buy 1tb (which is the minimum), price is $50, and you can use that in one day or one year, and if you need more transfer you simply buy it - no automatic renewals every month, and no overselling of bandwidth.

We've written a bit about it on our Enterprise brand, VI.NET's website: http://www.vi.net/cloud-hosting/vi-cdn.php - but here is some more info:

About Edgecast

Edgecast have clients across a variety of verticals, but I would say media and entertainment is probably the strongest, mostly because they are funded by Walt Disney's venture capital company, Steamboat Ventures. So Disney, Sony, EMI, Paramount Pictures, and Lionsgate Films are just a few of the media companies that use EdgeCast. They are headquartered her in Hollywood, so that has made it an easy vertical for them to navigate into as well.

But Edgecast also have a huge presence in the Web 2.0 space, as they power sites like LinkedIn, Mashable, Wordpress, and Mahalo. They also have a lot of penetration into the traditional Enterprise space as well, with clients such as Kellogg's, Verisign, and Epson to name a few. With over 700 customers today, their customers are vast and the use of EdgeCast varies across all platforms and types of services.

Some of the large resellers include Deutsche Telekom, GlobalCrossing, Navisite, The Platform, The Planet, etc - and now UK2Group...You could be the next to join in!

How you can resell CDN

Yes, you are able to resell this to your clients.
    We are now able to give you full access to the edgecast partner account, so you can actually setup sub accounts (for your clients). Selected resellers get full control over their clients, usage etc. You can even brand the controlpanel to match your website(s).

Basically this would allow you to resell Edgecast and taking us totally out of the equation. You could go heads on with guys like The Planet is reselling Edgecast at 30c/gb. Your 5c/gb pricelevel could bring you a good margin!

I hope that answers your questions and gives you a better sense of our deep penetration into the CDN market and expertise on the reseller and wholesale front. If you have any further question I would be happy to answer them for you, so just let me know.

Contact Carlos Rego ([email protected]) or me ([email protected]) for more info or to get setup!

D
    Last edited by eming; 07-05-2009 at 05:39 AM.
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Check out this screen cast on our system: http://supportcasts.com/vps-net-cdn-getting-started/
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Just a small clarification:

1TB is the minimum for our end users, for resellers we ask an initial purchase of 10TB, and subsequent lots can be purchased in 1TB lots.

We will maintain the 1TB minimum for our users, this way resellers themselves can create much smaller packages and reach a demographics that are not able to commit to 1TB.

This is still an incredible low entry point to reselling a CDN, boldly put, you cant get a better deal anywhere else, especially for this quality of a CDN.
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Please be advised the original deal is now CLOSED and no longer on offer.
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

I assume "deal closed" is the reason you ignored my pm/email for over a week a now?

Quote Originally Posted by W1zzard View Post
    I assume "deal closed" is the reason you ignored my pm/email for over a week a now?
    EdgeCast did not work for us - their setup was pretty good and their traffic price was dandy, but they had a bunch of extra cost for stats/reseller panels/etc that we did not like passing on to our clients.

We can match the deal on the HighWinds CDN network now. Now with full whole-seller level, yes, that means that you can actually setup your own resellers that would never know that we were in the middle of you and Highwinds.

Enduser pricing (per TB):

There are 2 level of pricing, either "pay as you go" where you buy a number of traffic and can use it over many months:

1 TB = $75
    2 TB = $70
    3 TB = $65
    5 TB = $60

Or Monthly recurring:
    1TB /mo = $50

Reseller "pay as you go" pricing:
    10TB = $50
    (min. 10TB/$500 to qualify as reseller)

Ping me directly ([email protected]) if you want to hear more!

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,