Quote Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
    Looking for a low cost server with cPanel with minimum specs:
    1GB Ram
    160GB Drive
    100Mbps
    Cpanel
    and no annual contract or setup fee
    any recommendations?
    you may want to check the for sale forums, there are a number of threads with sales that match your requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix View Post
    you may want to check the for sale forums, there are a number of threads with sales that match your requirements.
    I did check it out, I however am seeking actual end user comments

Quote Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
    I did check it out, I however am seeking actual end user comments
    the search feature will give you a wealth of feedback about any provider, find a few deals that interest you and hit search, there are usually any number of reviews for all the good providers (and even some for the bad)

If you have got lots of cash... softlayer
    If you are looking for a cheap server... The Planet

If you do not need a managed server, TMS can be good also.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    If you do not need a managed server, TMS can be good also.
    Yeah, Jose and TMS are very good. There's also Joes Data Center, Wholesale Internet, BURST and HiVelocity who offer low end servers at low prices. My personal recommendation for a company would be to take a look at the Ubiquity Servers overstock.

You didnot mention anything about managed server. So your budget will easily get you some offers but 100mbps unmetered will be difficult.

Why don't you findout which offer you like from the Offer Section and do a search on your interested company for reviews.

you can try burst

Quote Originally Posted by mathewanson View Post
    You didnot mention anything about managed server. So your budget will easily get you some offers but 100mbps unmetered will be difficult.

Why don't you findout which offer you like from the Offer Section and do a search on your interested company for reviews.
    I am sorry, I am not looking for managed or unmetered, I would however will need to have an outside management of the server.

My budget is less than $80 per month

www.platinumservermanagement.com for cpanel server management services.

Your budget isn't very high but you should still be able to find something along the lines of a Celeron or a P4 system ; a lower end dual core if you're lucky. See what ubhosting.net can do for you. They tend to have stock on these types of servers.

Note that cpanel usually costs $20-30.00 per month so you may want to up your budget to at least $100.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Note that cpanel usually costs $20-30.00 per month so you may want to up your budget to at least $100.
    I agree. It might be difficult to get what you want for $80 with cPanel. You can try burst.net $49 Celeron offer + $20 for cPanel

You could try a VPS server, license for cPanel is cheaper. Either buy a VPS or get a dedi and create VPS.

Well, your requirement is 1GB RAM so its better to go with Dedicated not VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by AHN-Andrew View Post
    get a dedi and create VPS.
    pretty sure cpanel is not going to like this

Its something I've seen many people do.

If it helps someone start a their business then as long as its not against cPanel TOS etc then whats wrong with that.

If he uses a dedi and creates cPanel on a VPS whats stopping him from also then using that server to create VPS for other clients.

He gets double for what he pays for. Anyway, thats just a little suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by AHN-Andrew View Post
    You could try a VPS server, license for cPanel is cheaper. Either buy a VPS or get a dedi and create VPS.
    I wouldn't place it on a VPS, not for this one, thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by supporter View Post
    Well, your requirement is 1GB RAM so its better to go with Dedicated not VPS.
    Correct

You need to increase your budget a bit, or else I dont think you will get any good providers.

Good luck finding a host.
    More than decade with webhosting!

i recommend you to go softlayer and limestonenetworks

You can get probably a Celeron 2.0 Ghz + 1 GB RAM + 160 GB HDD and 1 TB BW or P4 + 1 GB RAM + 80 GB HDD + 1 TB BW with cPanel. cPanel license costs a lot roughly $25-$45. The normal costs of cPanel license when bought externally is $35 so that leaves you looking for a server at $45 per month which is a very, very difficult to find.

Quote Originally Posted by theunnamed View Post
    i recommend you to go softlayer and limestonenetworks
    they dont have any $80 server that includes cPanel. The OP's budget is less than $80/month with cPanel license see here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...7&postcount=11

Try volumedrive.com - I've been with them for 3 months and their support is excellent. If you will be able to set up cPanel properly on the server you will be able to configure almost everything via web-interface. Maybe volumedrive guys will help you to install cPanel, I don't know as I was setting it up by myself.

BTW - if you have any technical questions you can PM me, I think I will be able to help you.