WiredTree, LiquidWeb, ServINT or ServerComplete

Budget: $50

Need a good provider that is always online, fast, and not always down or having intermittent connection problems.

Need be managed solution.

Your suggestions and comments on these are appreciated.
    Thank you!

Have had vps accounts with the first 2 and I can say WiredTree easily wins, I have been with WiredTree 3 years and I have been in the hosting industry 10 years
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

Used ServInt in the past and they were great. Never used the others.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

+1 Servint -> Fast Servers. Really Fast. and They have been in the business for a very long time now.

+1 Liquid Web -> Just bought a vps from them yesterday and their Heroic Support Is true. Its like superman who answers my questions with less than 5 minutes response.

How much RAM, HD and bandwidth do you require? Do you need a control panel? Is your budget of $50 inclusive or excluding control panel fee?
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

I used LiquidWeb before, but still keeping bad memories with them, then i joined Servint and never think about leaving them.

I know some people left wiredtree for servint and they are happy like me. you may also check http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=873463

good luck

Liquidweb receives my vote. We have our dedicated servers with them, which are backed by the same individuals who will usually provide VPS support, and I can tell you that they are the most helpful hosting solution we have ever gone with. They are always fast to answer your questions, and provide true 24 hour support by people who are NOT out sourced, and know what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    They are always fast to answer your questions, and provide true 24 hour support by people who are NOT out sourced, and know what they are doing
    No offence, but what's the big deal about outsourcing or not? It is just a difference between the salary...
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by comogroups View Post
    I used LiquidWeb before, but still keeping bad memories with them, then i joined Servint and never think about leaving them.

I know some people left wiredtree for servint and they are happy like me. you may also check http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=873463

good luck
    I was with WT for about 1 month then I moved to Servint then after a few minutes got a LiquidWeb VPS too.

I now have 2 VPSs, 1 from Servint & 1 from Liquidweb.

So far, they have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    How much RAM, HD and bandwidth do you require? Do you need a control panel? Is your budget of $50 inclusive or excluding control panel fee?
    Min HD 10GB
    Min Ram 384
    Min BW ~200GB

I have my own DA license.

Hmm this is going to be a tough choice

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I was with WT for about 1 month then I moved to Servint then after a few minutes got a LiquidWeb VPS too.

I now have 2 VPSs, 1 from Servint & 1 from Liquidweb.

So far, they have been great.
    I wish to know why did you left WT. Mind sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceInteract View Post
    Min HD 10GB
    Min Ram 384
    Min BW ~200GB

I have my own DA license.

Hmm this is going to be a tough choice
    Your budget is pretty good for what you require. Indeed the choice is though, since all of them are pretty good. Do you feel better with Virtuozzo or OpenVZ? SC is using OpenVZ, hence the RAM is UBC, compared to WT & LW using SLM. FYI, ServInt is also using UBC RAM. SLM is a better option compared to UBC though. If I were you, I'll choose the provider who utilise SLM RAM management, which shortlist to WiredTree and LiquidWeb.

BTW, have you check out KnownHost? They are a big competitor to those you had listed.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING

@ LaptopFreak. Just follow this Link
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=724950

Had Issues with their CEO, It was just a simple comment and he overreacted.

I don't want to speak further about this issue as they may again do the same response on this thread.

They have great servers and support people, I was even planning to use them for my new small webhost business. but The response I got on that link made me decide to move away.

Anyway, Knownhost has a lot of great feedbacks. I heard they even give cards via snail mail during christmas season.

Also try SolarVPS. I used them before and I highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    SC is using OpenVZ, hence the RAM is UBC, compared to WT & LW using SLM. FYI, ServInt is also using UBC RAM. SLM is a better option compared to UBC though. If I were you, I'll choose the provider who utilise SLM RAM management, which shortlist to WiredTree and LiquidWeb.
    ServInt uses SLM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    @ LaptopFreak. Just follow this Link
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=724950

Had Issues with their CEO, It was just a simple comment and he overreacted.

I don't want to speak further about this issue as they may again do the same response on this thread.

They have great servers and support people, I was even planning to use them for my new small webhost business. but The response I got on that link made me decide to move away.

Anyway, Knownhost has a lot of great feedbacks. I heard they even give cards via snail mail during christmas season.

Also try SolarVPS. I used them before and I highly recommend them.
    I had read it. Since it is just a small misunderstanding, why go to the extend that you cancelled the service?

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    ServInt uses SLM.
    AFAIK, SLM can't allocate any burstable resources. It doesn't mean VZ = SLM, you can still configure UBC.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING

@Laptop Freak.

I just felt that I have to move out to a new provider. also, a friend of mine gave me the advice to switch.

after all, WT is a great provider. I just to move out because of that experience.

Liquid Web gets my vote but I've never used any of the others mentioned here.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

+1 For WiredTree
    I have been with WiredTree for about 4 months all of what I can say is amazing support and good uptime I didn't have any downtime, except for once because my VPS was suspended for a billing issue . Also I haven't seen any post in WHT of anyone having real problems with WiredTree, just miss understanding issues.
    RackIsland - Premium Hosting Solutions
    LiteSpeed Web Server, Nightly Backups and Zero Overselling!
    Happy Customer with WiredTree!

Need a good provider that is always online, fast, and not always down or having intermittent connection problems.

Never heard of ServerComplete. But, the other 3 are very highly regarded on WHT. Another host you might want to consider is KnownHost.

Of the hosts mentioned, I think the best option is ServInt. Great hardware, great network, great support, and in my opinion the best management team.

ServInt will do their best to support you now and well into the future.

I love ServerComplete. Daniel there is a great guy. I have servers with WT and SC and both are great. The only issue with WT is that they only support cpanel. SC offers multiple panel options.

Oh, I've also had solarvps and would recommend them as well as Knownhost. All four a great.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

This is my 2 weeks using ServerComplete and absolutely satisfied, for the customer (Daniel and the team is great fast) and for the server too.

Even they fixed any trouble when my DirectAdmin got trouble

Transferred from WT to LiquidWeb and couldn't be happier.
    FlaNative

Wiredtree, Liquidweb and ServInt are all excellent providers. I don't know SC but I've read some (initial) good things about them. I too would add Knownhost to your list, they are up there with the rest of them.

I would make sure to contact all of the providers ask some pre-sales questions. Since your needs are pretty modest I would take a "deeper dive" into what type of support are you going to need. Will you be installing 3rd party scripts? Are you comfortable with installing them yourself? What hours of the day would you be contacting support if you need them (how responsive are they during off hours), What types of backups do they provide (node only or VPS/Files?). Are you very latency (ping, etc...) sensitive? Who has datacenters closer to your customers? Etc...

Good luck!

I was with LiquidWeb for almost a year and only last week I transferred to WiredTree.

LiquidWeb was excellent. My switch had to do with the fact that their most basic VPS came in at $60 per month. I asked them if they could offer a product at around the $40 level and at the time they said no. So I went around the web, did my research and signed up with WiredTree. I wanted a product comparable in quality to LiquidWeb and WiredTree seemed to be the closest match. With a year's payment it worked out to $40 per month.

Now just today when I emailed to terminate my LiquidWeb account they came in with a counter offer to not only match WiredTree but better it by offering more RAM (512 MB, instead of the 384MB offered by WiredTree). But I had already migrated everything to WiredTree and so I said no.

I am sorry to leave LiquidWeb - their support and product were outstanding. I have very positive expectations from WiredTree and their service during migration was superb.

Bottomlime: both these companies are class acts.

@ServiceInteract, so did you make a choice?

If not, I would also add one more vote for ServInt. I have used them in the past and service was great. The only minor caveat I had is that our website kept hitting the pageview limit. I think that was mainly because our site is built on Joomla and that the site traffic was high for the package we were on. Since then, they have upped the numfile limit once more (I think in total two or three times in the past 12 months alone). I have used a few other hosting, including Futurehosting, but they do not compare. ServInt servers are very fast. Support is excellent. If you have specific problem, you may need to ask that it be escalated to engineering (90% of the time, they'll just escalate for you if they need).

WiredTree, LiquidWeb and also Knownhost all receive very high reviews here on WHT. I did an entire weeks worth of research before.

Good luck!!
    WEBGURU-CO.COM - Internet Marketing, SEO, Web Design, and Web Development
    http://webguru-co.com
    Personal blog on business, mongolia, technology, etc at http://mergenchuluun.com

I cannot comment on any other than servint because I have been with them for over 5 years, which should speak for itself. You forget you have a server with them, it just works. You get very high specs for the price and amazing support. They are rock solid, you only have to search here to see how many long term customers they have which is pretty rare in this industry.
    Plus they have amazing ethics, how many providers regularly upgrade every customers allowances? Add in the best support I have ever experienced and all for less than the price of a steak and a bottle of wine a month and you have a very compelling proposition. Good luck with whoever you choose!
    --
    Rich

I echo Rich. In fact, I just purchased a VPS from ServInt. I'm a born again ServInt customer!

Earlier, I had eluded that I was hitting their numfiles limit. Since the limit increase on their side, I don't think I'll have any problems this time.
    WEBGURU-CO.COM - Internet Marketing, SEO, Web Design, and Web Development
    http://webguru-co.com
    Personal blog on business, mongolia, technology, etc at http://mergenchuluun.com

+1 for ServInt. Been with them for ~10 months (on the $50 VPS plan) and they've been excellent; server is fast, customer support is superb. They've helped me install software when I've failed, and fixed (not responded to, fixed) most support tickets within 30mins of them being opened.

ServiceInteract,

Check out this review I just posted on Yoozers.com. It also contains a link to a promotion to make this $79/month plane down to a little over $30/month. I've been having GREAT service and speeds with them, and am very pleased!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=875579

Good luck with your choice!

My motto is "WiredTree and the others".I am not rich enough to pay more for the others.

Your suggestions and comments on these are appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Wiredtree is great, they have great ethics, a great network, and when I was with them they had 1 downtime(With a GREAT network SLA).
    Liquidweb is much more expensive than Wiredtree and imo offer the same level of support. With liquidweb though, they own their DC's whereas Wiredtree doesn't.
    ServINT read this thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=875021
    Server Complete, I've never heard of them