fsckvps update 1 month 2 month

Im just posting another fsck vps update. I have had 1 vps with them for 1 month another for 2 months and plan on being with them for another year or more if possible.

Uptime: 10/10 I have not had a single downtime besides the hack so far.

Support: 10/10 Although it is unmanaged support the help has been great and I am notified of most issues right away.

Billing: 10/10 I have had a billing issue but this was solved right away and is mostly my fault.

Quality: 10/10 Although people are complaining of them overselling I have had no issues just some slow ssh connections once in awhile. The other day I had a huge spike in traffic and had about 1gb ram usage on my 512mb ram server and had no issues that vps will be upgraded to 2gb asap.

If anyone needs a cheap vps I would choose them all the way.....
    They mentioned a in house new panel to replace hypervm but I have not seen any evidence of this yet but thats no problem for now.

(I have reported my ip)
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

very nice review
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

*Agrees with darkeden*

In addition to that I'd like to add that although I've lost data due to the HyperVM incident, I'm impressed how VAServ (or fsckvps) handled the matter. Status updates were readily available on the site, and customers would know exactly the progress. Apart from that, I've been promised 2 extra months off the bill for my loss of data, though I haven't really contacted them about how I would go about getting the credit whatsoever.

I'm contracted to their LA VPS (1GB, 2GB burst), and have no issues for a long time now. Also, I've never once had support tickets with responses >48hrs. Usually I would get replies within 12hrs. Uptime have never been better, no downtime for as long as my VPS has been reprovisioned after the incident.

FsckVPS is an epic host and I'd recommend anyone who's on a tight budget looking for performance vps's.
    Last edited by stealthx; 07-05-2009 at 08:09 AM.

darkeden;
    Thanks for the nice review. I'm very happy that you are happy with our services. Good comments, from happy customers keep us running on a daily basis.

stealthx;
    Thanks for your honest input. To get the credit, just open a new ticket via support.vaserv.com and someone from billing will get right back to you.

Thanks for all the nice comments, and I hope everyone is having a nice 4th of July weekend!

~Kody
    Kody R.
    US Datacenter Operations Manager
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    Im just posting another fsck vps update. I have had 1 vps with them for 1 month another for 2 months and plan on being with them for another year or more if possible.

Uptime: 10/10 I have not had a single downtime besides the hack so far.

Support: 10/10 Although it is unmanaged support the help has been great and I am notified of most issues right away.

Billing: 10/10 I have had a billing issue but this was solved right away and is mostly my fault.

Quality: 10/10 Although people are complaining of them overselling I have had no issues just some slow ssh connections once in awhile. The other day I had a huge spike in traffic and had about 1gb ram usage on my 512mb ram server and had no issues that vps will be upgraded to 2gb asap.

If anyone needs a cheap vps I would choose them all the way.....
    They mentioned a in house new panel to replace hypervm but I have not seen any evidence of this yet but thats no problem for now.

(I have reported my ip)

Darkeden, I found your review very funny, in special 10/10 for everything yet everything presented issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    Darkeden, I found your review very funny, in special 10/10 for everything yet everything presented issues.
    I second that.
    █ Wafer VPS
    US North Carolina Based
    Self-Managed OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Check out our offers!

I agree.

Darkeden, do you mind sharing the domain you have on your VAServ VPS please, as is standard procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Darkeden, do you mind sharing the domain you have on your VAServ VPS please, as is standard procedure.
    Up thread the OP has already indicated he has reported his IP; that, not sharing the domain in public, is in keeping with WHT's standard policy.

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-05-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

Glad to see the OP is having a good service experience with with fsck. Up until the hack I don't remember seeing many negative reviews of them so maybe they have sorted the mangled mess and are on the right path to recovering normal business.

Thanks OP

i am also having a vps with fsck since last 6 months, they are always happy to help me. I would like to give them 10/10 for support, price and speed.

thanks
    jeewan samant

what are the issues? there was a billing problem on my end. fixed it in under 10 minutes. slow ssh does not affect me at all. and the hack gave me 2 months free and i never lost data and the vps was not in use at the time.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Thumbs up

I had been with them for about an year now.

When my host went down I got a bit upset since it happened few days after the whole hacking incident.

When I got in touch with the support team they informed that my host too got affected and that they can get me a new VPS within an hour. It didn’t happen within an hour or a day, but knowing the situation and the work load they had I was calm. But when I send the second mail they build the host very quickly and handed it over.

In between I opened a ticket for a small issue. Though it was not resolved within a reasonable time, they cleared it immediately after my second mail.

I was billed for the monthly rental charges. But as soon as I informed about the down time and the data lose when their server got hacked, they added the credits as promised.

I am not a very demanding customer, but I always felt their communications reasonable and polite.

My new host has been working fine, and I never experienced any downtime.

I feel they are getting back in shape after the issues they had in the past month.

Overall I am a happy customer.