Cron Job Deleted is Their a Log?

We are running cpanel on one of our servers. Several cron jobs were deleted from the cron panel of one acct. I have no idea of the paths to re-enter these jobs. Is their a log file on the server that will show cron job history from previous runs so I can recover the proper paths? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Kerala, India
    See the file /var/log/cron. You can use the following command to see what all cron jobs have run in past for a particular user.

grep username /var/log/cron
    David |
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

The cron path of the account will be:

"/var/spool/cron/user_name" ; say if your account user was 'xyz, his cronjobs will be in the file "/var/spool/cron/xyz".

But its not necessary to add new crons this way, we have another simple option:

Use the "-u" switch along with crontab:

crontab -e -u xyz ; will open the file to enter cron jobs for the user "xyz".

To list this account's cronjobs, run the below command:

crontab -l -u xyz.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, the problem is the cron jobs were accidentally deleted from this users acct. They wiped out or overrode their jobs. Does an individual account store these within a backup someplace? Then I could simply copy them back over? If they are stored in a backup, where would they be located?

Yes, if you have a previous backup then that will contain the users cron job too.

Use 'tar -tf account.tar.gz' command to list the contents of the backup without extracting it.

If it is a gzip file, then use 'tar -tzf account.tar.gz' instead.

It should have a folder called "cron".

Extract the archive and then copy the cron to /var/spool/cron/