Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stand Up And Fight Against These Ignorant Companies Who Thinks Fraud, Abuse, Is Okay

Hello,

Lately I been checking out websites, that to me seem to be doing an illegally and disregards the word loyalty. A word form gushnet.com “We value every website and customer we provide service for” my question to them is that before or after you deceive them? Now let me introduce the word fraud here and give you the definition I got out of the dictionary “A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain, A piece of trickery; a trick, One that defrauds; a cheat, One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.” If you would like to see that definition yourself please go to: http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=fraud. I am not doing a personal attack on the website, I am simply showing the truth, and how they are deceiving to customers, or soon to be customers. Go to there website and go for hosting, they purposely trick you into thinking that the bigger the package the better deal. Because you will get more advance features, well talking to the company I realized that is not true. And I can quote “You basically get everything” so how come you don’t say that on the site. Now hosting companies I know will agree, when you are selling web space you try to make each package look appealing, and show EVERYTHING you will get. Because the better the package the more likely some one will buy it. They make every package seem worth the money. Well I am just boggled how gushnet.com does the opposite. They make you think to get a nice package you should go to the upper packages instead of the showing that no matter what package you choose you will get a nice deal. Now to me that sounds as if they are deceiving, being tricky, and it all benefits them in the end. Fraud is a serious offence in the U.S. Now let me go through there packages with you.

Small Package Contains:

No Setup Fee
    8 Gigs of Bandwidth
    250 Megs of Space
    Cpanel 5
    5 FTP Accounts
    7 Subdomains
    7 MySQL DB's
    10 Pop3 Acct.
    Unlim. Emails Aliases

Medium Package Contains:

No Setup Fee
    16 Gigs of Bandwidth
    500 Megs of Space
    Cpanel 5
    10 FTP Accounts
    15 Subdomains
    15 MySQL DB's
    20 Pop3 Acct.
    Unlim. Emails Aliases
    Frontpage 2000 Ext.
    Shell Access (SSH)
    Yourname.Com

Professional Package Contains:

No Setup Fee
    30 Gigs of Bandwidth
    1.5 Gig of Space
    Cpanel 5
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    Unlimited Subdomains
    30 MySQL DB's
    Unlimited Pop3 Acct.
    Unlimited Emails Aliases
    Frontpage 2000 Ext.
    Shell Access (SSH)
    Yourname.Com
    Search Engine Submission

Now looking at those packages, all packages you get a “Search Engine Submission” but only one package has it listed as what you get. “Yourname.com” is only listed under two packages, how could you forget to add this to the first package. This is an important part of the package to have your own domain name. What if a new person went to the web and wanted to buy a website and didn’t know much, he would think you need package two to get your own domain name. This company basically by the plans makes you think you need to buy a bigger package to get more advance tools, and a domain name. Then that company or so I was told runs off a reseller account. It is easy to set-up a FrontPage use for clients. Now if he lied and they do own their own server, he still lied, because I talked to people whom owner the own server and said it can be set up automatically. So either way he lied to try and save himself. Now I understand not every package should offer the same thing, but to lie about something like that only shows how loyal that company really is. If they could have just been like I think it is a benefit that needs to be paid for that would have been okay, but instead they lie about it. This company is lying, frauding people, and it upsets me that even when confronted they run, call names, use profanity at me, and act like kids. I would not have made this article if they would have acted a tad bit mature and took responsibility. Don’t let you self become a victim, stand up and show these companies who purposely with out a feeling of remorse rips you off! Thank you!

Isaac Meals
    Last edited by exasko; 11-08-2002 at 06:29 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Confused!!!!!!

So, are you saying this company ripped you off?????
    Sitekeeper
    Google
      0 Not allowed!

Let me explain:

I had a friend who wanted me to build her website, I did a search and looked at there site, the more I looked the more I saw something fishy going on. I don’t just buy from anyone; I like to know whom I am buying from. And for the record I would not trust that company if my life deepened on it. The reaction when I start asking questions, and accused them of fraud, was immature. Using profanity at me, calling me names, and ended with an immature block, then I switched to two other names to try and talk, and yet they acted like kids. Then I finally leave them alone, after I truly realize they are too immature, and then they unblock me to make fun of me. They are very unprofessional to use profanity like that at me. I am sorry, I just don’t think this should be acceptable behavior for a company to act like this. Thank you
      0 Not allowed!

Immature behaviour is never acceptable, but all I can see in their plans (what you have posted here) is something like fauls advertising, not fraud.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard
      0 Not allowed!

The reason why...

The reason I call it fraud is simple, it fits the definition, they are being tricky, they are deception deliberately to fool you into believe you cannot get some options if you go with a smaller account, witch will benefit them if you believe that. I don’t see how you cannot consider that fraud. Thank you,

Isaac
      0 Not allowed!

Didn't you find out what the packages really contained somewhere else on the site? Or did you get the info from an e-mail sent to you? Then it isn't fraud, just false advertising.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard
      0 Not allowed!

Half of the companies around the world would be a fraud if we use that definition literally.

GM, GE, Budweiser, all have advertising that might fit that definition. They have good commercials though!!!
    Sitekeeper
    Google
      0 Not allowed!

Doesnt make sence if you ask me..

On his Index.htm page he states and I quote "To see all the features, click below." right there he says that when you click there you will see what each package will give you, and it forgets to put some stuff there, and it will benefit him, I think it all is to fishy. Something isn't right, and I am considering it fraud, because the definition fits what he is doing. I apologies for not seeing it as anything but a fraud.
      0 Not allowed!

Let me ask you this

Originally posted by sitekeeper
    Half of the companies around the world would be a fraud if we use that definition literally.

GM, GE, Budweiser, all have advertising that might fit that definition. They have good commercials though!!!
    Just because one company or many does it, does that justify it? Because murders happen so much, does that justify it? No, it is still a crime; whether or not many companies get away with it. Fraud is a serious offence in the U.S. And to say that just because other companies get away with it, it should be okay, that is irrational. Sorry to say it, but I don’t see how you can justify what he is doing just because other companies do it. Thank you

Isaac
      0 Not allowed!

I see your point and I know how you feel when you stumble into a thing like this. I had it happen to be when I looked at a reseller host for someone. This was a case of outright false advertising.
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-08-2002 at 09:51 AM.
    Sitekeeper
    Google
      0 Not allowed!

Scams...gotta hate it!

I am sorry that has happened to you. I just feel like its time to make a stand and not let these hosting companies do this. There are so many out now, it’s hard to tell who is good and what is a scam. We work hard for our money, so why should we allow companies take our hard earned money away. I say we start reveling these companies, because it’s getting old. People ask me who should I get a site from, and its people like http://www.gushnet.com that makes it hard to know who is honest, and who is just trying to get money, no matter if some one gets hurt. Its sad to see people do this, and then has the nerve to think its okay.
    Last edited by exasko; 11-08-2002 at 07:04 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Either way, false advertising (I think) is still against the law.

The only thing to do is just avoid them and tell others to do the same. Maybe he'll change his ways when he finds he isn't getting anymore customers.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree. There is really nothing all we can do, but stand and show that we wont take this from our web providers...this is totally unnecessary.
      0 Not allowed!

That HostingViews story is great! Damn, that's my datacenter as well!!
    Lead Designer @ SingleHop
      0 Not allowed!

What are you talkin about?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Let me explain:

Originally posted by exasko
    Now let me introduce the word fraud here and give you the definition I got out of the dictionary “A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain, A piece of trickery; a trick, One that defrauds; a cheat, One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.”
    I'm not sure that not listing a feature would be considered fraudulent, as defined above. I'm not sure it is 'unfair' and I doubt it is 'unlawful', which is often the real basis for defining something as fraudulent.

I can see how you feel that it falls under 'trickery' -but if you asked them if you could host a domain with the first account, and they said no, that's one thing. From looking at the packages, I might guess (but would ask them for clarification), if the domain is included with the 2nd and 3rd packages. I'd aslso ask if it was included with the 1st, or if I could at least you an existing domain with the 1st package.

The reaction when I start asking questions, and accused them of fraud, was immature.
    I have a feeling their reaction was a direct result of you calling them a fraud, which as I said above, is questionable.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!

Chicken,

Looking over the definition I can really see a clear resemblance to what that company is doing to what the definition of fraud is. But my main comment to you use about when I accused them of it. That was after I started asking questions and getting answer that really didn’t make sense at all. Then he began using profanitie, and name calling I don’t care what kind of business it is if you use profanity like that and name calling, I don’t see how they are a business. I think using profanity and calling names is rather a low life thing to do when some one is just asking questions. I am sorry if you disagree, but treating people like that will not do any good for their business. Thank you

Isaac
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Stand Up And Fight Against These Ignorant Companies Who Thinks Fraud, Abuse, Is Okay

Hello,

“Yourname.com” is only listed under two packages, how could you forget to add this to the first package. This is an important part of the package to have your own domain name. What if a new person went to the web and wanted to buy a website and didn’t know much, he would think you need package two to get your own domain name.
    Isaac Meals
    Maybe they only offer a subdomain for the first package and not yourdomain.ext. So what "if" they could...maybe they choose not to. CPanel themes are easy to customize and remove features for different service levels. There is no fraud here...it's a marketing decision on their part. My lowest plan doesn't allow a yourdomain.ext either, it's for a name.domain.ext with 1 email account. That's how I have it set up. I could offer it, but I don't. Their business model is none of your business unless it is fraudulent, and theirs is not. If you don't like how they market it, go somewhere else. Pretty simple really. You don't have to offer all features for all plans....they may remove them, unless you actually have an account with them, and can verify that every account is the same, and that the control panels aren't modified to remove those features, your cries of fraud are invalid.
      0 Not allowed!

DrChaos,

<removed> I am not saying he should offer it all, but if he does offer it he should put it down, instead of making it seem his smallest package isn’t good. That is what I am saying.
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-08-2002 at 07:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

"unless you actually have an account with them, and can verify that every account is the same, and that the control panels aren't modified to remove those features, your cries of fraud are invalid."

You certainly are a polite fellow, aren't you.....

<<MOD NOTE: His posts have been edited, user given last warning.>>

I certainly hope you don't work on a suicide prevention hotline.......
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-08-2002 at 07:51 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

DrChaos,

Maybe kindergarten could do some help for understand words, because I am not going to repeat my self again. Its not my fault your eyes and the lump 3ft above you’re a** cannot work together.

Yours truly,

Isaac
      0 Not allowed!

DrChaos,

I don’t know if you have comprehending issues, if your vocabulary is on a fourth grade basis, but you really need to practice reading and understand what I say.
    Nice try, but if you had a better vocabulary, you'd have found a much more suitable word than 'basis' in that sentence.

You have accused someone of fraud with absolutely no BASIS and now you want to insult people as well? What's your deal?
      0 Not allowed!

You are something else.....
    You said "Now I understand not every package should offer the same thing, but to lie about something like that only shows how loyal that company really is. If they could have just been like I think it is a benefit that needs to be paid for that would have been okay, but instead they lie about it."
    How do you know that the control panels haven't been redone to edit out those features on the lower packages? Unless you have an account there, you don't...you are assuming you do, and we all know what that means.
    And talk about acting immature and name calling?The old saying
    "Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear" comes to mind right about now
    Last edited by RH Robert; 11-08-2002 at 12:04 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

And for lightnin,

Man, umm I like how you say I have no fact to prove fraud, when I see people saying "exasko I see how you can think that is fraud" so my question is to you is your head and ass wired together, or do you have issues reading and comprehending as well? And about I should have used a bigger word, I didn’t want to use words my friend DrChaos couldn’t understand. I am just being a nice guy, and suddenly I am an enemy. Come on, don’t hate me for my 2 cents is smarter then yours. Its all about the thinking process, maybe you should try to think with your head before the a** it may do some wonderful things, like stop making you sound like an ass, now before you write a little dribble back at me, think before you talk… thank you my friend.

Isaac
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DrChaos
    dude you are something else.....
    Thank you my girlfriend Steff thinks so
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast