Question Web Design Firm, any Recommendations?

So it's difficult to wade through the crap when doing a Google search for a Web Design firm (hmmm, I wonder if people looking for hosting feel the same way).

Have you used anyone that you can recommend for Web site design?

Quote Originally Posted by Annuit Cúptis View Post
    So it's difficult to wade through the crap when doing a Google search for a Web Design firm (hmmm, I wonder if people looking for hosting feel the same way).

www.designoutpost.com

We use their private label program, and it is very good.

Highly recommended.

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Try posting your project on odesk.com. I've used it and they've got some really good people there.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Better find a local company? Or check which firms made some sites you like and especially of the big boys.
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

you can also look through the design section her on WHT. Then search the ones that you like for reviews
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

www.paytondesigns.com ?
    I like their designs, they are working on one design for us, currently. But, I am really disappointed at their response times. No reply yet to an email sent on June 30th.

Ishan
    LeapSwitch Networks Pvt. Ltd. - Managed VPS / Dedicated Servers India
    ASN 132335 - India - USA - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine - Germany
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    Pay via - PayPal, Payza, Skrill, Credit/Debit Cards (USD / INR)

Quote Originally Posted by ishan View Post
    www.paytondesigns.com ?
    I like their designs, they are working on one design for us, currently. But, I am really disappointed at their response times. No reply yet to an email sent on June 30th.

Ishan
    If YOU'RE not happy with them then why would you recommend them?

Fact is, majority of WHT designers suck. I've yet to find one I actually like. Completevb.com did an okay job with our custom skin but even then it wasn't an experience I'd recommend to anyone else.

I'm going to 2nd the recommendation for Design Outpost. I've never NOT been happy with them.

Have you tried Boltwared.com, they have great web design products

Quote Originally Posted by Annuit Cœptis View Post

<<snipped>> the truth is in this case you may want to find something in your city. For such a project it's not worth to find some far far away company and talk to them by phone. Been there, done that, never again.
    Last edited by bear; 07-14-2009 at 08:52 AM.

akdesigner dot com - have treated me right for over a year now. I have had multiple projects with them, and they are quick, concise, and affordable!

The only issue I have found as of lately, is that Ammar's response times are getting a little slower, due to a heavy workload. I assure you however, his teams' quality is worth every penny!

Unless you are planning a big project it's better to search for a small local company. But the best way is to know an it/design student or someone who does it privately as they use to charge a lot less (that's what I did and the guy did a great job. However that depends on the guy naturally, ask for some references or so).

I had found one private designer who asked me for 70$ per hour.

Ive found that whenever the designer is criticized, it usually comes down to the incompetence of their boss, who likes to make decisions in matters, that he ain't qualified to make decisions about. Such as which browsers to support, or in which degree the site should use client sided scripting.

I can understand if the designer is one of those who still uses tables for layout. Or WYSIWYG editors, without really knowing the standards behind, is slow to respond, or doesn't deliver.

Any designer should know their limits. And of cause don't accept more work then they can handle, i wouldn't accept that my web designer used WYSIWYG editors, because i know that hand-coding is far more efficient.

I do however believe that the web designer should be able to handle the creation of web graphics, you should only have to hire a graphics designer, if you want something done in 3d. Graphics designers usually don't know web standards, and industry best-practices, well enough to do any work beyond that done in 3d studio or photoshop. You want a real web designer for that, someone who specializes in the exact field of web-design.

I agree that it is difficult to find a decent web design firm through Google and that it does take time. From working at a design & development business I've found that majority of our clients come from referrals and word of mouth which is the best way to go - usually when we complete a project for someone, they love our work and just keep coming back. With that said, I'd have to recommend Tisme - one of the most creative and innovative web design firms in Australia