Thumbs down Servercomplete??

I';ve been using VPS from Servercomplete for more than 7 months. Their service is good. No problem. HyperVM funstions very well. I like it very much.

BUT.. all of a sudden, they have changed their VPS control panel. They changed from HyperVM to vdsmanager and then changed it to VirtualComplete.

These vdsmanager and VirtualComplete don't work and I think servercomplete's popularity has dropped to 40%. I myself have cancelled my service with with them, and now I'm trying service from dmehosting. They are still using HyperVM as vps control panel. For now, I'm satisfied with their service.

Are you sure? I just can stand for 2 weeks at DME. They answered my ticket after 12 hours, sometime never got reply. With Servercomplete, I've got replay under a minute for a ticket.

Beside, how dare you use HyperVM when every provider just go away. There's no update at all for HyperVM.

There are currently many issues with HyperVM, hence why Server Complete has changed like we have.

I have been in contact with Daniel quite frequently recently and I can assure you that what he is doing is in the best interest of his clients.

Personally, I would strongly suggest you navigate away from hosts that still promote HyperVM with no plans of changing, it may look better and have a better UI, but it is full of bugs and exploits.

Best of luck.
    Shaun
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win."

Shaun's right. With the owner of HyperVM committing suicide, the company appears like it'll be shutdown. Not to mention, there is no one actively fixing problems with it now I believe. Many hosts are probably going to start switching. Not to mention, the licensing servers could go offline since the owner isn't around to pay the bill, and then hosting companies really will be dead in the water.

So at this point, if I were you, I'd start learning how to use a different control panel, or find a different one that you like.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Quote Originally Posted by isbyn View Post
    I';ve been using VPS from Servercomplete for more than 7 months. Their service is good. No problem. HyperVM funstions very well. I like it very much.

BUT.. all of a sudden, they have changed their VPS control panel. They changed from HyperVM to vdsmanager and then changed it to VirtualComplete.

These vdsmanager and VirtualComplete don't work and I think servercomplete's popularity has dropped to 40%. I myself have cancelled my service with with them, and now I'm trying service from dmehosting. They are still using HyperVM as vps control panel. For now, I'm satisfied with their service.
    HyperVM functions well, but lately there has been many bugs in it and security problems. Worst of all, the sole developer commited suicide. The software is fading and obviously it is the right choice to change. However, you went with a provider that is STILL using HyperVM, which isn't a wise choice. I advise you to stay away from HyperVM for now.

In what way does VirtualComplete not work, or you are just not used to it.

Hi there,

We received your cancellation request and upon seeing the comment made on the form, I inquired in what way we could make things better -- I have yet to receive a response from you about this.

You never once submitted a ticket other than noting that you were unable to login to VDSManager, it is hard for us to fix something that we do not know is "broke"

It would be greatly appreciated if you could simply reply to the cancellation ticket specifying what exactly was the problem and we will surely address it.

It is unfortunate the outcome of LxLabs over the past couple of weeks, for this it was REQUIRED for us to migrate to a better control panel. We now have one that we believe fits out needs/niche quite well.
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

I would also recommend not use HyperVM in current circumstances. As you can see they have switched to another control panel because of the security issues. So I don't think your complaint is valid in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    I would also recommend not use HyperVM in current circumstances. As you can see they have switched to another control panel because of the security issues. So I don't think your complaint is valid in that sense.
    Correct -- That is why we migrated away from HyperVM... I am still awaiting an email response from the OP to clarify exactly what the problem was that they are facing so that it may be properly corrected.

Most VPS companies will eventually move off of HyperVM. I know we have. I can also understand why he would have moved away from VDSmanager. VDSmanager is extremely limited, and the development team makes it seem like its a hassle to make any changes to their 'perfect' software.

VirtualComplete, at the moment anyways, seems dedicated and have been constantly adding features and currently exceeds VDSmanager in functionality.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Daniel has thus far ran a very successful business with the GOAL and intentions of providing top quality service and support. This also involves the client's data being secure. His switch in control panel was for the best interest of the client, such as yourself. Daniel and his staff have always been very professional and quick to resolving any issues that clients may have with their services, and I am sure if you had submitted a ticket they would have resolved the issues you had.
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

I have to say that you're not treating Daniel or Server Complete justly. It wasn't their fault that HyperVM went the way it did and keeping their clients' interests at hand, they found a replacement. After working with the replacement, they found out that it didn't suit their clients' needs and they looked for another replacement. There aren't many low-cost virtual managers out there and SC is doing its best. It could just be non-responsive to its clients' needs and keep poor software.

I think you just haven't given them the opportunity to address your needs and work for a solution.

I have been an SC customer for a long time and do not, nor have I had, a single complaint. Daniel and his team are doing excellent work.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    Hi there,

We received your cancellation request and upon seeing the comment made on the form, I inquired in what way we could make things better -- I have yet to receive a response from you about this.

You never once submitted a ticket other than noting that you were unable to login to VDSManager, it is hard for us to fix something that we do not know is "broke"
    wait hes leaving for an issue that he never brought to your attention? lol I love people these days. Im starting to hear good things about you guys though... keep the pricing the way it is and expect 4 servers to get ordered from me lol
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Actually, I don't really like to call/write. Just check my account. I never asked for support other except when there was no response from VPS/unable to start and when I couldn't login into VDSmanager. Within 7 months, there were only 2 tickets only.

I don't need support as long as VPS is able to start/stop/reboot/reinstall and reachabel at anytime.

VDSmanager is totally not functioning. All functions wich are supposed to function do not function properly. VirtualComplete can be used a little bit, but after few more clicks, the page looks like hang. Not functioning anymore.

Servercomplete is good. I didn't say that their service is not good, but their vps control panel is not fuctioning very well. For clients who do not require to reboot, reinstall, etc... it may be okay... but as for me, I need to frequently reinstall, so I can't stand it.. because I use that VPS to test new software, etc.. which I need to always refresh the VPS. Don't tell me, that I have to contact them everytime I need to manage, right?

I think, servercomplete is too rushed in making their decision. They should have tested enough before changing software. Look... they have changed the software twice, but still not good.

I know that the HyperVm owner has died, and there is some security issues, but how bad ? Maybe soon, the new owner will develop better one, and then changed back hyperVM?

Actually, I don't really like to call/write. Just check my account. I never asked for support other except when there was no response from VPS/unable to start and when I couldn't login into VDSmanager. Within 7 months, there were only 2 tickets only.

I don't need support as long as VPS is able to start/stop/reboot/reinstall and reachabel at anytime.

VDSmanager is totally not functioning. All functions wich are supposed to function do not function properly. VirtualComplete can be used a little bit, but after few more clicks, the page looks like hang. Not functioning anymore.

Servercomplete is good. I didn't say that their service is not good, but their vps control panel is not fuctioning very well. For clients who do not require to reboot, reinstall, etc... it may be okay... but as for me, I need to frequently reinstall, so I can't stand it.. because I use that VPS to test new software, etc.. which I need to always refresh the VPS. Don't tell me, that I have to contact them everytime I need to manage, right?

I think, servercomplete is too rushed in making their decision. They should have tested enough before changing software. Look... they have changed the software twice, but still not good.

I know that the HyperVm owner has died, and there is some security issues, but how bad ? Maybe soon, the new owner will develop better one, and then changed back hyperVM?
    but did you ever actualy send them a ticket regarding the new control panel not working? im using one of there servers now from a friend and its working atm just fine.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

We have a very close relationship with the developers of VirtualComplete and have no intentions of migrating off of it -- I can assure you the next version release will contain many new features and fixes for any problems which have been discovered.

If you could have submitted a ticket when you were experiencing issues then we would have brought it to the attention of the developers and had it corrected, but when we do not know someone is facing an issue we cannot do anything about it.

It does not make since to simply cancel service and come post on WHT that you are experiencing issues when we never knew that you were having issues. None of our staff can read the minds of customers, so tickets are necessary.

I still have yet to receive a response to the ticket where I requested more information about what is happening. PLEASE respond to this ticket as without information from you I cannot have anything fixed.

We did make a rushed decision about VDSManager, I will admit that, but we did spend a good 2 weeks working with the VC developers to get the system to a point where we thought it would be a great asset to our company.

The security issues were THAT bad as an entire, respectable VPS company (vaserve) didn't survive the compromise that hypervm allowed to happen. Granted, it wasn't entirely hypervm's fault, but it opened the door with a security issue that was not patched for weeks.

I don't think SC or any other hypervm company had time to really thoroughly test any alternatives. They basically had two choices: find an inexpensive alternative to hypervm (there are few and most are not as developed as hypervm was) or they can go to virtuozzo which is extremely expensive in comparison and would likely cause your VPS to cost more per month. I think SC, as many other VPS providers, took the appropriate and quick action to stop the use of hypervm after what happened to vaserve. Many providers stopped offering VPS altogether.

So yes, there will be some growing pains as all vps providers find an economical replacement, but taking their time with this issue was just not an option. And think about how much money that SC has lost by purchasing a software system that wasn't up to par and then trashing it less than a month later for a new solution. They obviously are thinking about their customers as if not, they would have stayed with the crappy solution instead of tanking it for a better, though not perfect, solution.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Daniel, I'm just curious as to what was wrong with VDSmanager? It must have been serious if you went away from it that quickly.
    Mark Bailey
    WPCDN
    WordPress content delivery network/high-performance web hosting/VPS cloud servers/dedicated servers

It looks to me like VDSManager has more features or plug-ins that may help ease the switch from HyperVM such as their DNS Manager. Its always hard to decide if customers will go along with a pay increase for a product such as Virtuozzo.

Server Complete has been by far the best company I have purchased a VPS from. Granted I was dismayed when leaving the comfort of HyperVM, but it was a necessary change and their prompt action to find a better solution shows the kind of company they are. A company that values their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by qualityinterfaces View Post
    Server Complete has been by far the best company I have purchased a VPS from. Granted I was dismayed when leaving the comfort of HyperVM, but it was a necessary change and their prompt action to find a better solution shows the kind of company they are. A company that values their customers.
    Good to hear that you are satisfied with our services

Just a follow up -- I never did receive the email response from the OP as requested...

Daniel already knows this, but I'm quite pleased with my service from ServerComplete. I've had a linux VPS from them since last July, and I've had nothing but pleasant service since the beginning - not only does the server run smoothly and is almost always up (I think the only time I notice downtimes are when they email me notifications that it was down..very rare). Daniel was even accommodating enough to boost my RAM allocation when I first signed up so I could test drive a web app I was possibly going to use (which required Tomcat + Java and required more RAM than I had available - turns out it wasn't all that great so I ended up removing it and going with a PHP based alternative, but I appreciated being given the burst to give it a test run (incidentally I think I was the first node on that server).

Daniel's always been a huge help too, and he cares about his clients - when HyperVM/LxAdmin went south he switched to VDSManager to patch up the security hole, and after realizing how bad it was (for one thing...none of the reports seemed to work) he then announced he was switching to a new panel - which works pretty well and actually shows reports A couple issues I noticed and mentioned, that he said he had already noticed and relayed to the dev team..I think this was earlier last week, and by the end of the week there was a new version on the server fixing much of this - now arguably I don't login to the VPS manager much - but it works just fine for me, doesn't lack any functionality I used from HyperVM and I'm sure it will get better.

He was also really helpful when I decided to swap over from the now dead LxAdmin to DirectAdmin, and helped me fix a couple DNS issues that I couldn't figure out.

I ramble a bit, but when it comes down to it, ServerComplete is a great host, quality hardware and resources and most of all - quality service. I don't think I've had a ticket go unanswered for more than 5-10 minutes..and these are low priority tickets too. (Now again, I'll point out that I haven't submitted a whole lot of tickets either - I haven't really had any issues).

So in response to the OP, you agree that ServerComplete provides good service - but then go to complain about not receiving any support to the tickets you never submitted? I find that very hard to believe. Also your claims of ServerComplete losing "40% popularity" is complete bogus - 87% of statistics are made up on the spot (see what I did there?), provide me some facts on this, because it seems completely outrageous.

From what I can see, you're complaining about the switch to VDSManager, and that it didn't work well. You're right, it didn't, that's why he then switched to VirtualComplete. There wasn't really much time to make a decision - it's not like there were a whole lot of VPS panels out there from what I can tell, and I definitely prefer switching to staying on an insecure panel.

Then you complain about VirtualComplete not working for you, without even bothering to ask for help on it? That just seems really petty and rather trollish to be honest. I really don't see any valid issue here - if you had a problem you should have tried to get help before just making blind accusations and outrageous statements to try and tarnish the reputation of an (in my opinion) outstanding company. As Daniel said, they can't really fix an issue they don't know about.

That's like blaming an ambulance for not showing up even though you never called 911...

Anyways, just my 2 cents on the matter, since the OP doesn't seem to be interested in the issue anymore and it looks pretty much resolved (or a non-issue) thread should probably be closed - but it's not my call.