Hi!

I need a VPS with custom plan, the specs is:
    265MB RAM
    20GB HDD
    2TB (2000GB) bandwidth, yes I need this much monthly
    1Gbps connection
    Ubuntu 9.04
    Unmanaged

My budget is very low, $20, but if this isn't possible I will take 100MBps connection, or 1500GB bandwidth.

(I already checked "Find A Host" ads, read VPS offers forum and contacted some hosts, so no need to maintain these options )

Thanks.

$20 won't cover that much bandwidth or connectivity in any case. This may be the reason why you were unable to find anything.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

you need to raise your budget "a bit" for that kind of specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post
    $20 won't cover that much bandwidth or connectivity in any case. This may be the reason why you were unable to find anything.
    I already have one with this specs, except the bad connection, it can go up to 20mb/s uploading from the VPS, but for many connection, no connection can go higher than 2000kb/s, and it's very slow at downloading to the VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by laimi190 View Post
    you need to raise your budget "a bit" for that kind of specifications.
    How much? explain please.

As I said, I can negotiate the speed or the bandwidth a bit.

Santrex seems that it provide unmetered 100mbps with similar specs, are they good?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRegisterMe View Post
    I already have one with this specs, except the bad connection, it can go up to 20mb/s uploading from the VPS, but for many connection, no connection can go higher than 2000kb/s, and it's very slow at downloading to the VPS.

Santrex seems that it provide unmetered 100mbps with similar specs, are they good?

Thanks.
    I think you might need to double it, to get a decent amount and quality of bandwidth.

Also VPSs with a 1GB node connection, from my experience, are very rare. The few that do offer 1GB connections are very careful with it, the bandwidth is capped, there are time limits on bursts, per connection caps, etc. I can't say I blame them, they have to stop abuse after all, but might as well just use a less policed 100mbit.
    █ Wafer VPS
    US North Carolina Based
    Self-Managed OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Check out our offers!

Quote Originally Posted by WaferVPS View Post
    I think you might need to double it, to get a decent amount and quality of bandwidth.

Also VPSs with a 1GB node connection, from my experience, are very rare. The few that do offer 1GB connections are very careful with it, the bandwidth is capped, there are time limits on bursts, per connection caps, etc. I can't say I blame them, they have to stop abuse after all, but might as well just use a less policed 100mbit.
    Well, I contacted 3 1Gbps hosts, 2 of them refused providing 2TB, the third set a very very high price, $200 I think due to his data center prices.

I think I will go with 100Mbps for now. Any <<recommendations>>?
    Last edited by bear; 07-03-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Well, I contacted 3 1Gbps hosts, 2 of them refused providing 2TB, the third set a very very high price, $200 I think due to his data center prices.

I think I will go with 100Mbps for now. Any <<recommendations>>?
    is there really and reason you need a connection that large for so little resources?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

for a budget like that i would recommend these=(under $19-$29)

http://www.burst.net/

or

http://steadfast.net/

all have VPSes under your budget.

ask them for a custom quote.

Quote Originally Posted by singh-admin View Post

http://www.burst.net/

or

http://steadfast.net/

Most large providers won't do custom quotes because it throws off their entire resource planning for the node. You could try, though.

I'd recommend checking http://www.joesdatacenter.com/vps.html - They have configurable options so you could build your plan. They also have some really good reviews here on the forums but I think even with the budget providers, you're going to have to increase your budget.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

You should search for "unmetered bandwidth vps" and see what you get. However, $20/mo. is too low in most cases. Are you doing video streaming?

I'm sure you can find a plan that fits your budget however I wouldn't expect much quality. Do some research before picking a host and let us know what you come up with!
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

This is possible. If you look at the offers section you may be some offers at or around your price range. You may be able to contact one of the hosts for a custom quote since you are looking for 256MB of ram instead of the typical 512 or 1GB. You are also not looking for a control panel which is a good thing given your budget.

The 1Gbps connection should not be a requirement. It is a nice to have but keep in mind that your VPS will be on a node with others so while a 1Gbps is a good thing to have a 100Mbps connection is just a good especially if the host uses link aggregation, etc.
    Enotch Networks - Now Offering services in NYC, Miami & LA.
    VPS, Dedicated Servers & Colocation
    www.enotchnetworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by eclouds View Post
    I'm sure you can find a plan that fits your budget however I wouldn't expect much quality. Do some research before picking a host and let us know what you come up with!
    eclouds is right, check out the benchmark threads, the review threads, and as a last resort, make sure the provider you choose has a money back guarantee or allows you to try before you buy.
    █ Wafer VPS
    US North Carolina Based
    Self-Managed OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Check out our offers!

Thanks.
    Santrex has a lot of really bad reviews here on WHT/DP.

As for how much your budget needs to increase, a lot. If your going to use 1.5TB bandwidth, expect to pay $50+ for a quality VPS.

Yes, they refuse to offer more bandwidth than what they have in their regular plans.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    is there really and reason you need a connection that large for so little resources?
    Speed is very important for me, but I will go with 100Mbit for now.

Quote Originally Posted by singh-admin View Post

burst.net

or

steadfast.net

Both are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by serverorigin View Post
    Most large providers won't do custom quotes because it throws off their entire resource planning for the node. You could try, though.

I'd recommend checking joesdatacenter.com/vps.html - They have configurable options so you could build your plan. They also have some really good reviews here on the forums but I think even with the budget providers, you're going to have to increase your budget.
    Thanks very much, I think I will go with Joe's datacenter, it will be 30GB/512MB/1600Gb for $26.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCVPS View Post
    You should search for "unmetered bandwidth vps" and see what you get. However, $20/mo. is too low in most cases. Are you doing video streaming?
    No video streaming, just moving files between couple servers. I think unmetered is either expensive or bad bandwidth, or not for file transfer VPS (TOS).

Quote Originally Posted by eclouds View Post
    I already have one from FDCServers (exact specs and price!) and their connection really sucks, very very slow to most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by enotchnet View Post
    This is possible. If you look at the offers section you may be some offers at or around your price range. You may be able to contact one of the hosts for a custom quote since you are looking for 256MB of ram instead of the typical 512 or 1GB. You are also not looking for a control panel which is a good thing given your budget.

The 1Gbps connection should not be a requirement. It is a nice to have but keep in mind that your VPS will be on a node with others so while a 1Gbps is a good thing to have a 100Mbps connection is just a good especially if the host uses link aggregation, etc.
    Thanks for your help.

eclouds is right, check out the benchmark threads, the review threads, and as a last resort, make sure the provider you choose has a money back guarantee or allows you to try before you buy.
    Most hosts don't offer trial, some offer a money back guarantee which isn't good for me as I will use a lot of bandwidth during tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    Santrex has a lot of really bad reviews here on WHT/DP.

As for how much your budget needs to increase, a lot. If your going to use 1.5TB bandwidth, expect to pay $50+ for a quality VPS.
    It seems I will avoid Santrex as much as possible.

What you will find with your requirements and budget is cheap unreliable junk - Sorry, just telling it like it is!
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker View Post
    What you will find with your requirements and budget is cheap unreliable junk - Sorry, just telling it like it is!
    I think this is talking out of turn about some providers service. I think a simple search will show that some of the low budget VPS providers have less complaints about reliability than some of the expensive providers. Just because someone offers a service at a low cost does not mean that its junk. If someone is willing to manage there own service than they can find cheap reliable providers. Just my opinion.
    Joe Morgan @ Joes Datacenter, LLC- www.joesdatacenter.com
    Affordable & Reliable Dedicated Servers| VPS |Colocation in the Midwest

Joe, IF the OP was asking for 300GB with the rest of the requirements for $20, I'd say fine, but 2TB theres no fat left and providers who make zero end up one way in this game.
    Graham Craig

Cool

Joe, IF the OP was asking for 300GB with the rest of the requirements for $20, I'd say fine, but 2TB there no fat left and providers who make zero end up one way in this game.
    I apologize I will give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEsDC View Post
    I apologize I will give you that.

Send me one of those famous Joes T-Shirts and all is forgiven jokin no t required
    Graham Craig

Cool

Send me one of those famous Joes T-Shirts and all is forgiven jokin no t required
    If you really want one PM me your address and shirt size I would be honored for you to wear one.

NOTE: Sorry for getting off topic