Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

webthosting has not restored my site yet

I am hosted with Webthosting.
    & my site is down since 20 days.

They had some major downtime of 1 week last month from 12th june.
    & after that they have to recover all data from their server.

They have provided me a full back up on 22nd june But what i can do with it?as they have not restored my site.
    I have tried to reach them via tickets but their support time is avg 1 day & with full of nonsense reply.(dont even care how to support via tickets)
    I am following a ticket after 1-2 days & they are saying dont bump your tickets

Really disappointed so creating a thread here.

Plz avoid this hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

20 days? Wow! I think that if you have been down for 20 days, it's time to look for another host.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ronitdeep View Post
    They have provided me a full back up on 22nd june But what i can do with it?
    Find a new host and use said backup there. Don't bother waiting 20 days for a host to start working properly, especially if you have a backup in hand. I'd have ran for the hills after 2 days of downtime. Best of luck in your search for a new host!
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!
      0 Not allowed!

oh welcome to the club, there's like 10 threads about this bad hosting.

I asked for a refund before 5 days and still nothing, I think they'll not refund anything.

get the backup and change the hosting, Even if they restore it to you change this hosting.
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature
      0 Not allowed!

20 days is simply outragious... 1 day, heck a few hours isnt reasonable either... get a new host and get them to restore that backup. change your domain nameservers and your good to go, just choose a host wisely.
    www.mjmwebtech.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting,24/7 support, 99.9% uptime
      0 Not allowed!

If you, as said; where provided with a full backup, nothing is stopping you anymore in moving to another host; which from the sound of it is your only and best option. There is no way anyone should accept 20 days of downtime. Although, it is of course possible the backup generated is corrupt and cant be restored; in that case i hope you made your own backups as well (which any host would recommend you to do in any case!).

bumping a ticket thread after a few days is not a bad thing to do either (unless you do it every single minute (yes there are clients like that) or when told something will be fixed on a very specific date and time). Personally i do not find it bad when a client bumps a ticket, it means the communication was not clear enough towards the customer on when something would be fixed/solved.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
      0 Not allowed!

I would assume the fact that they made a full backup available to you, and are failing to respond to your tickets would tell me they actually want you to go elsewhere.

Do you have a large / popular / resource intensive site? Any known reason why your site went down / was taken down?
      0 Not allowed!

fULL backup is available but it is corrupted.

& no we are not very big site.that it cant be handled with shared plans.
      0 Not allowed!

If the backup is corrupted the hosting company can not do much more as offering you an empty space for you to setup the site again. In almost any TOS of most hosting providers it says that backups are the responsibility of the customer. Hope you did have a backup.
      0 Not allowed!

Its sound like you should try to look for another host. I hope you do have your backup in your hand. So search for another host and try to get your refund back from your previous host if you are applicable for it according to their TOS. Best of luck for your next host and getting your refund back.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS
      0 Not allowed!

How do you know it's corrupted? If you go with a *good* company they can likely extract your data from the backup file even if the control panel won't handle it automatically unless the whole file is just garbage (very rare, but it happens).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

I was another customer that was down and not restored. Support took days to respond and did nothing. I haved moved to a much more professional host who knows what they are doing and responds way quicker. DO NOT give these guys your money!
      0 Not allowed!

Same here they are no more responding via tickets.
    Their phone support is a BIG Joke.
    Everyday they have something wrong like power cut,hard drive failure(most common), time out errors etc.

I am also going to ask for refund.
      0 Not allowed!

Just move - easiest thing to do and you will not regret it.
      0 Not allowed!

Same here they are no more responding via tickets.
    Their phone support is a BIG Joke.
    Everyday they have something wrong like power cut,hard drive failure(most common), time out errors etc.

I am also going to ask for refund.
    We really have little to do about hard drives or power.

http://noc.leaseweb.com/status.php?i=366

Your file is not corrupted, only it can not be restored by new/inexperienced people (through clicks from the WHM). If you find an experienced provider they will surely restore the files. You can also try one of our US based servers which have higher performance.

Regards
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    Actually you do - this is where your choice of a data center comes into play. If you choose a poor DC you will offer at best poor service. If you choose an amazing DC you will offer at best amazing service. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Your file is not corrupted, only it can not be restored by new/inexperienced people (through clicks from the WHM). If you find an experienced provider they will surely restore the files.
    This is basically the same thing I said above. I've never seen a *whole* backup file corrupted but I have seen it where the server creating the backup didn't fully package the account and some files are missing such as the ones required to tell cPanel how to restore your account.

You can also try one of our US based servers which have higher performance.
    Let me try understanding this... "Our non-US based servers are low performance, you may try one of our higher performance US based servers." ... Am I understanding your statement correctly?
      0 Not allowed!

The US datacenter has a better response time than Leaseweb.
      0 Not allowed!

The US datacenter has a better response time than Leaseweb.
    So you are saying this:
    "Lower Response time == Higher Performance"???

I think you may want to rethink this as buying hosting based upon latency is generally not the best way to go about doing things.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    So you are saying this:

I think you may want to rethink this as buying hosting based upon latency is generally not the best way to go about doing things.
    I meant support response time
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    So you are saying this:

I meant support response time
    So what you are now saying is:
    "We provide better support to clients hosted in the US"???

That could also seen inversely as:
    "We don't care enough about customers hosted outside of the US with us to provide good support to them"...

Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
      0 Not allowed!

webthosting is horrible.
    please look through the forums regarding webthosting.
    in fact, i'll show you some threads about this company.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=871899
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=871906
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=867223
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=869758

they overload their servers with so many clients.
    one time, there was a load of 15.21 for me. not once has the load been less than 2.00. that is RIDICULOUS.

they have horrible support as well.
    they would rather answer questions on these forums, rather than answering in their support ticket area.
    these forums are their first priority as they do not want to have a bad reputation but they already do have a bad reputation.

i STRONGLY ADVISE you to stay away from this company AT ALL COSTS from my personal experience.
    Last edited by hypebeast; 07-04-2009 at 01:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

For load less than 2 get your own dedicated server.

"one time, there was a load of 15.21 for me" Even if you see it once a week it is quite normal. I have personally seen our servers serve apache connections quite fast for up to loads which *appear to show* around 100 in cPanel. A single untar command only can make a load above 20.

You open a dispute (there was no refund button in paypal) (some thread you link to) and expected us to refund on top of that and now you are bumping all threads without any reason. Did you want us to pay you from our own funds?

Opening a port 3306 is not something of very high priority that should be done immediately.

@ MikeDVB
    I meant datacenter response time, they do not take days to replace HDs or such which makes higher uptime.
    Last edited by bentink; 07-04-2009 at 01:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

For load less than 2 get your own dedicated server.

"one time, there was a load of 15.21 for me" Even if you see it once a week it is quite normal. I have personally seen our servers serve apache connections quite fast for up to loads which *appear to show* around 100 in cPanel. A single untar command can only make a load above 20.

You opened a dispute (there was no refund button in paypal) and expected us to refund on top of that and now you are bumping all threads without any reason. Did you want us to pay you from our own funds?

@ MikeDVB
    I meant datacenter response time, they do not take days to replace HDs or such which makes higher uptime.
    this does not apply to me.
    please look at what you are typing.

and wow, 100.00 load? more reasons to stay away.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast View Post
    and wow, 100.00 load? more reasons to stay away.
    You probably managed your dedicated servers that you say Load 2 to be ridiculous? Edit the cPanel core files and make it to show 0 always.

We have testing boxes where I saw the load to be 100 when apache delivered pages fast. You are more concerned about what it shows in cPanel rather than the speed at which your site opens?
      0 Not allowed!

http://noc.leaseweb.com/status.php?i=366

Your file is not corrupted, only it can not be restored by new/inexperienced people (through clicks from the WHM). If you find an experienced provider they will surely restore the files. You can also try one of our US based servers which have higher performance.

Regards
    You can also try one of our US based servers which have higher performance.
    r u jocking? huh
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast