Looking for a Canadian host similar to MediaTemple

I'm looking for a hosting provider that is similar to MediaTemple. Anyone have any idea. At the moment.

I have a client that's with HostPapa, and they have the $6.95 unlimited account. And well it's just not working out. I'm looking for something that is multi site and in the range of $30-$50.

Cheers,

I have a client that's with HostPapa, and they have the $6.95 unlimited account. And well it's just not working out.
    I don't mean to detract from your main point, but I'm curious, and it may even help people to better understand what you expect from the hosting service. What exactly didn't work out with HostPapa?

similar to mediatemple in which way?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    That is also what I'm interested in. I'm assuming you're looking for a shared plan seeing how you currently have a plan with HostPapa. With a $30 - $50 budget, that would be considered pretty high or at least well above average for a standard shared plan. Are you looking for something specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Sorry, I should have have been more descriptive.

SSH Access, Homebrew control panel that works well (cpanel is fine), awesome documentation, mutiple domain names, not on a server that is choking because there are too many clients on it. I'm more concerned about quality over quantity.

I've had really good experiences with MediaTemple, and they totally remind me of Softlayer. You pay for what you get, fast, premium service.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    That is also what I'm interested in. I'm assuming you're looking for a shared plan seeing how you currently have a plan with HostPapa. With a $30 - $50 budget, that would be considered pretty high or at least well above average for a standard shared plan. Are you looking for something specific?
    Aside from what I listed above. One of the biggest issues I've had with HostPapa is the machine that my client is on now. There are periods where cpanel takes about 5 minutes to load or 45 seconds between screens. It took a while to get a Dedicated IP, and SSL installed.

I also wouldn't mind having this person put on a VPS, which would make management a lot easier. And would eliminate the need for a control panel. However, if we do part our ways and someone else needs to take over. Or if he needs to make changes or updates to things, a control panel would help.

Perhaps the server is simply overloaded. It's what happens sometimes when you're put on a server where you and everyone else has "unlimited" everything. What type of content or websites are you and/or clients are hosting or will be hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    Perhaps the server is simply overloaded. It's what happens sometimes when you're put on a server where you and everyone else has "unlimited" everything. What type of content or websites are you and/or clients are hosting or will be hosting?
    At 6.95 a pop, I'm pretty sure that's the case.

It would mostly be PHP Applications (Wordpress,Creloaded,Custom PHP). There would also be requirements for SSL Certs and maybe a couple of Dedicated IP's. I actually think that a VPS would probably be a better idea at this point. As the client has loads of domain names, and he wants to start putting content on them.

A non-oversold quality shared plan would still do the trick if you find the right host. However, getting a VPS is definitely the safer route to go if you don't want to risk any further downtime or instability.