Turnkey Automated Reseller Hosting Solution

I'm looking to gauge interest in a potential new product I'm thinking of launching. Packages would include the following:

• Cpanel/WHM Unlimited Domain Reseller Account
    • Domain Reseller Account (Enom or other)
    • Optional Merchant Account
    • WHMCS License
    • Flash Branded Tutorials
    • End User Tech Support (800 number phone support optional)
    • Toll Free Phone Number for Sales, Billing etc. through Ringcentral

I'm sure I'm missing a few things. But you get the idea. It would include extensive set up by us. The idea is to create essentially a turn-key hosting company for someone with very little hosting/technical expertise. All you would really need to concentrate on is marketing and sales. Thoughts?
    Cpanel Hosting - Fast , Reliable, Stable, Secure - Since 1996
    CPanel/WHM • Fantastico • RVSkin • Dual Quad Core Servers • Raid 10 • 24x7 Toll-Free Phone Support

Sounds good. I know there are many beginners out there who look for a complete solution due to their lack of knowledge with the technical aspects of web hosting.

I personally believe a turn key model has a very bad rentention rate.

Those expecting everything to be done for them will typically have the least motivation. Those with the least motivation will typically put in the least effort to get things off the ground. Those that can't get things off the ground will close down -> They end up cancelling.

You'll get a minority being the exception of course...

In theory, a great idea..All the best if you decide to go ahead with it

Put my name somwhere towards the top of the potential client list.
    This sounds great, especially for the 24/7 customer and sales support via phone and live chat& support tickets.

I think there's a market for it, and not that many competitors, if you manage to do it right.

It sounds like it could work, but please stay away from the phrase "Turnkey", it sets false expectations that the reseller will have to do nothing at all.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Turnkey solution?

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    I personally believe a turn key model has a very bad rentention rate.

Those expecting everything to be done for them will typically have the least motivation. Those with the least motivation will typically put in the least effort to get things off the ground.
    I partly agree with you Rameen, IMO this business model will attract entrepreneurs who don't know about web hosting and will become frustrated if things don't start making them money quickly.

Now, some questions for the OP:

End User Tech Support (800 number phone support optional)

Will the reseller still be competitive with this additional burden to have someone transparently deal with their issues?

Toll Free Phone Number for Sales, Billing etc. through Ringcentral

Will your startup be able to give your resellers virtual PBX support service and be competitive against hosts with traditional support?

All you would really need to concentrate on is marketing and sales. Thoughts?
    If only it was that simple! You would obviously have to charge your "turnkey reseller" a premium for doing most of the work and giving them all the bells and whistles with a branded presence, phone support, etc. But they will still have to compete in the marketplace against other hosts who do all that work themselves, and have the technical knowledge.

I am would be interested to know what price yoiu can offer a reseller plan like that for?

Nevertheless, I wish the project well. Maybe there is a small minority out there who think they can get into this business with only sales and marketing skills.

Scary...Actually.

The hosting business has a bad enough reputation due to kiddie hosts and people in general who open companies and have no real knowledge about the business.

This just adds a new avenue for those people to open businesses and in-turn leave a darker stain on the industry as a whole.

Sure, it could make money. Selling crack makes money... Doesn't mean it's really good for the community.
    Last edited by PeakVPN-KH; 07-03-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

I started in this business in 1996 with a reseller account. I knew next to nothing about web hosting, (although back then, web hosting was pretty much a new phenomenon). I hired people to do tech support and as server admins and I took care of all the marketing and sales and billing. I would have jumped all over an opportunity like this when I was starting out. I'm not sure I agree that having a lot of automation built into the system, or outsourcing a lot of the tech work will result in a lack of motivation for the reseller. On the contrary, if everything is set up to make the reseller's life easier, that would increase motivation, no?
    Cpanel Hosting - Fast , Reliable, Stable, Secure - Since 1996
    CPanel/WHM • Fantastico • RVSkin • Dual Quad Core Servers • Raid 10 • 24x7 Toll-Free Phone Support

If you can offer flexible payment options might help through the current economy problems.

Offer new Reseller hosts 1 to 3 months free to get started with no strings or credit card required for the free "Trial period". Offer them training outlining steps they must complete to be able to make money reselling. After the 1 to 3 months if they have completed all of the steps, and training you had provided and they still had not made any money you will not charge them. If they have then they will pay the agree payment amount.

I think training is a key for a turnkey solution. Hold their hand approach. Teach a man to fish he has fish for life.

You said," I started in this business in 1996 with a reseller account. I knew next to nothing about web hosting"

Use this knowledge that you now have to provide training to Non-Techie type Reseller Clients.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Web Developer/Master for 10 years, and I am currently looking into providing web hosting for my clients and also sell websites to non-clients. But, currently I am now unemployed, and have no money to start with to pay for a Reseller account. But, if I had a chance like a free offer and later I made money I will be more than willing to pay double the amount I would normally would like to pay if I was offer an Free Offer with out an credit card.

If you like to contact me you can email me at:

Kbdavis07@yahoo.com

I would like to talk more about this with you if you like?

Thanks,

Brian K. Davis
    You Can view my website from my Profile.