plesk or cpanel ?? which consumes lesser ram ?

plesk or cpanel ?? which consumes lesser RAM ? and more fragile and load faster ??

I know both use heavier load than other control panels available but which of them are the better when it comes to load speed and RAM consumption ??

never used plesk, but im a cpanel person and its the only thing i use so that is my choice.
    Hostcrate.com - Shoutcast Streams & Web Hosting
    █ Custom Streams Available - Contact me - We're in Second Life Too!
    Real Quality - Real Support - Real Affordable since 2008!

yeah cpanel is good for linux and plesk is good for windows..

The memory consumption is really up to what you do on the server. If you have an idle plesk server and an idle cpanel server, they will probably be pretty much the same. Cpanel has become much much more efficient as of cpanel11, so I would say cpanel is better.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Plesk is much slower than Cpanel since its a database driven CP. Moreover its bg code is in JAVA which makes it even slower.

If you are looking for dedicated hosting servers with increased security go with Plesk.

But if yours is a shared environment, then opt Cpanel.
    █ WebHostRepo.com
    █ Linux | Windows
    | VPS | Cloud
    █ Outsourced Technical Support since 2009
    █ sales@webhostrepo.com

cpanel is the only thing i have used for shared hosting as it is included in almost every hosting plan.

and i have to say, cpanel rocks.

If you know how to optimize apache, php, mysql, etc... then it is not a problem when it comes to memory.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Cpanel

I used both plesk and cpanel. According to me, cpanel is more faster.

Plesk is more fragile since it is based on database.

It depends on the implementation really. Head to head on a dedicated server, I'd say they're probably about the same resource-wise, assuming you have the same features enabled. However, cPanel has a lot of extras that you can install which can consume more memory if you enable them.

Now, on a Virtuozzo based VPS (and only virtuozzo), if a provider is using the cached plesk application templates, plesk will kill cPanel *EVERY TIME* from a resource standpoint. It's really a slick setup in that regards.

However, for the most part, I really am not a fan of plesk other than that one instance i just mentioned.

If its linux then I would says cPanel and if windows then I would says plesk because its simple and easy to use.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

thanks for the suggestions and info mates, so I can proudly recommend cpanel over plesk to my friends who are using VPS , for shared hosting its not much of a concern though

Hey
    When it comes to VPS the scenario is again different . It is better you go for still less memory and space consuming control panels like Direcadmin , though features in Graphical interface are much lesser compared to Cpanel and Plesk Still it has most of needed features for managing a domain .

Thanks,
    Alan

Are you trying to install the CP in the hardware node or is it a virtual node.
    █ WebHostRepo.com
    █ Linux | Windows
    | VPS | Cloud
    █ sales@webhostrepo.com

I am not sure whrss, as the provider are giving cPanel free of cost, there was an option of cPanel or Plesk, so I suggested my friend to go ahead with cPanel based on the suggestions
    alanz - I prefer directadmin too, but there was no directadmin free discount by the webhost, so cPanel was chosed ahead of Plesk

NP koolnhot..
    █ WebHostRepo.com
    █ Linux | Windows
    | VPS | Cloud
    █ sales@webhostrepo.com