Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Need a XEN VPS 512MB in US (under $30)

    Hello all,

    I'm looking for an unmanaged XEN-based VPS located in US from a reliable provider. I need 4 IP addresses assigned to the server, no control panel required. Cent OS or Debian as OS. Please help me to find it.

    Thanks in advance!

    PS: my former provider was VAServ - never touch this stinking sh!t.

  2. #2
    There was a provider offering XEN VPS hosting at the same price of OpenVZ VPS hosting a couple of days ago, I think, on the "Web Hosting Offers" forum section. I'm not sure the specs meet your criteria, but might be worth checking it out.
    █ Wafer VPS
    US North Carolina Based
    Self-Managed OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Check out our offers!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    12
    what ever happened to;

    a) looking in the offers section for something that meets your requirements (specs etc).

    b) doing some leg work yourself in terms of finding a "reliable and reputable provider".

    ??? It seems every other post in WHT are people asking the SAME questions over and over. Wanting everyone else to do their leg work in finding what THEY need.

    Or am I just missing something?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RMCSGroup View Post
    what ever happened to;

    a) looking in the offers section for something that meets your requirements (specs etc).

    b) doing some leg work yourself in terms of finding a "reliable and reputable provider".

    ??? It seems every other post in WHT are people asking the SAME questions over and over. Wanting everyone else to do their leg work in finding what THEY need.

    Or am I just missing something?
    I think most people do their homework, they're just looking for a personal suggestion. No amount of looking around in the Offers section or Googling can account for some hands on experience.
    █ Wafer VPS
    US North Carolina Based
    Self-Managed OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Check out our offers!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,511
    Use the "Find A Host" button at the top and check out the Offers section, I'm sure you'll find someone suitable for your needs.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    604
    Check out 6sync.com, they offer Xen based Virtual Servers and are reasonably priced.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    519
    Yes try 6sync.com Im currently with them and had not encountered any problems and RavC the owner of 6Sync is so helpful to me.
    Learning...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Slominski View Post
    Check out 6sync.com, they offer Xen based Virtual Servers and are reasonably priced.
    Thank you! Just checked their offer and I think it's exactly what I need. With the coupon code NEEDMORE you can even get double RAM for FREE

  9. #9
    I have xen vps with bbvps.com.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    32
    I've been with server axis for about three years - they have a 512 MB ram/50 GB HD/5 IP/1000 GB bandwidth for $30/month. Downtime has been extremely minimal and support has been great. They are using Xen (a big reason why I picked them)

    http://serveraxis.com/vps.php

  11. #11
    Maybe serveraxis is a good provider but I will NEVER NEVER NEVER send them scans of the front and back sides of my credit card. This is one of their requirements in case to get any plan. So I went for 6sync. At least they offer paypal payment option.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by new2 View Post
    Hello all,

    I'm looking for an unmanaged XEN-based VPS located in US from a reliable provider. I need 4 IP addresses assigned to the server, no control panel required. Cent OS or Debian as OS. Please help me to find it.

    Thanks in advance!

    PS: my former provider was VAServ - never touch this stinking sh!t.
    You can have a look at http://www.wowvps.com/xen-vps-hosting.php


    VAServ is a good company, it's only because of the hack that they are having troubles. I bet in a month or two, they'll be back to normal.

  13. #13
    have a look at linode or slicehost

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    VAServ is a good company, it's only because of the hack that they are having troubles. I bet in a month or two, they'll be back to normal.
    sure, there should be a law in UK to keep the hands of Rus and Vladimir away from any server or a PC. The poor bastards lose thousands of clients' servers withing a few seconds. Offer a ****** half-valued replacement for the lost server. Giving no refund. And some people still call them good? What's that? The victim's syndrome?

    Just to make it clear again. VAServ & Co is a BS-company. Doesn't matter what they say and what they do in the "peaceful times". The only thing matters is how they behave when the problems occur. And their behavior in those times is a nightmare for the customers. This company including other brands should be banned from the hosting business, moreover everybody have to know the names of the founders, who actually give the orders, to avoid any of their other attempts to rebrand their sh!t under new names.

    Sorry for offtopic.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by new2 View Post
    sure, there should be a law in UK to keep the hands of Rus and Vladimir away from any server or a PC. The poor bastards lose thousands of clients' servers withing a few seconds. Offer a ****** half-valued replacement for the lost server. Giving no refund. And some people still call them good? What's that? The victim's syndrome?

    Just to make it clear again. VAServ & Co is a BS-company. Doesn't matter what they say and what they do in the "peaceful times". The only thing matters is how they behave when the problems occur. And their behavior in those times is a nightmare for the customers. This company including other brands should be banned from the hosting business, moreover everybody have to know the names of the founders, who actually give the orders, to avoid any of their other attempts to rebrand their sh!t under new names.

    Sorry for offtopic.
    If you were a customer, you signed their TOS saying that "VAServ is in no way responsible for your data"

    Whatever you think, that is your opinion but in no way was it intentional for them to have the data lost. Myself having two servers get compromised from the HyperVM exploits, both servers were gone within 30 minutes with little/no recoverable data. If you were in the situation, or if you have ever had servers get compromised it's one of the WORST feelings you can have. Their behavior was nothing but mature, professional, and respectful, they were in no ways unprofessional about anything.


    If you've never failed, you've never lived
    Last edited by Jacob Wall; 07-03-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. 2.4Ghz Celeron/512MB/120GB/1T (HE) --> $69 | P4 3Ghz/512MB/120GB/1T (HE) --> $69
    By Fremont Servers in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 03:07 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 05:05 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:27 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 01:03 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •