hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Specialty Hosting and Markets : VOIP etc : Ventrilo License Holders
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Ventrilo License Holders

Closed Thread Post New Thread In VOIP etc Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Evenly Divided

Ventrilo License Holders

Call me a bad business person for missing this, but we were just informed that:

Quote:
If the number of Slots is changed during the month, the License Fee shall be calculated based upon the highest Slot configuration at any point during the month
I am beside myself right now with anger. This seems rather rediculous if you ask me.

Say a client is paying for a 100 slot server. They then decide to downgrade to the 10 slot server. Our current system provides them with a FULL prorated refund for the downgrade. Unfortunately Ventrilo.com is continuing to bill us for 100 slots for the remainder of the month. Seems rather fishy if you ask me.

This means we've been losing thousands and thousands of dollars for months now without realizing it.

Anyways, do any other providers have a problem with this? My main issue is that it's not fair to the end user in the end. This will place a * beside our downgrade process, refunds, etc.

This all began after removing 60,000 slots from our license and in turn receiving the EXACT same license fee this month. lol, no wonder Brian can afford Nascar advertising

Sponsored Links
Old
Community Liaison

Count yourself lucky that they graced you with a response to a license application I guess. Does that surprise me? No not really. Neither from the fact that they are crazy nor from a calculation perspective.

The problem I see is the only way for them to do otherwise is to know on a daily basis what your license count is. You are already rethinking that downgrade credit strategy and I think thats the right thing to do.

Old
Evenly Divided

I wouldn't go as far to call Ventrilo.com crazy. Sure they seem to run things much different then many businesses but they do offer a quality product and support.

We're hoping to have all of our processes reworked by the morning to take into account what we learned.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

I believe that is one of the reasons NationVoice does not provide pro-rated refunds, since they still have to pay their X amount of slots you downgraded from. But that has been there since... forever.

Old
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
I wouldn't go as far to call Ventrilo.com crazy. Sure they seem to run things much different then many businesses but they do offer a quality product and support.

We're hoping to have all of our processes reworked by the morning to take into account what we learned.
No I am not bitter

Old
Evenly Divided

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5Lucas View Post
I believe that is one of the reasons NationVoice does not provide pro-rated refunds, since they still have to pay their X amount of slots you downgraded from. But that has been there since... forever.
I have to admit it slipped by me. I reviewed the license fee's when we launched back in 2004 but that was it. Lesson learned I guess.

We've now adjusted our refund, downgrade and upgrade processes. Unfortunately we won't be as accomodating as we once were but clients can take that up with ventrilo.com

Old
Retired Moderator

Quote:
We've now adjusted our refund, downgrade and upgrade processes. Unfortunately we won't be as accomodating as we once were but clients can take that up with ventrilo.com
As long as you make it clear that the change is due to costs incurred by Ventrilo themselves, I'm sure your clients will understand. Is this an update to just your license agreement with them, or are all resellers seeing the same pricing change? The only reason I ask is because you mentioned the reduction of 60,000 slots in your license.

Old
Evenly Divided

Actually, there was no pricing change at all on behalf of Ventrilo.com. It was just me not understanding the terms down to an exact science. That's fixed now though

The 60,000 slot removal was due to an internal change we made. Majority of clients were amazing with it but we also refunded close to 1000 clients. Then to be charged for all the accounts we had refunded was a real slap in the face.

Anyways, live and learn like I keep saying.

Thanks for the reply.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I would have taken those 60,000 slots off your hands, for free!

Old
Evenly Divided

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG-Daniel View Post
I would have taken those 60,000 slots off your hands, for free!
I think majority of the clients who were only with us based on price ended up leaving. That would be close to 1000 clients I believe.

I think majority went over to gamespeak.com which is ran by gameservers.com.

I don't think clients of Ventrilo are allowed to change hands the way they do in the hosting industry. If I'm not mistaken Brian gets final say on all sales, etc.

Old
WHT Addict

Thank you for the info Mekhu and I wish all the best to hostventrilo.com

Uptime Guarantee

Old
Carpe Diem

I guess it pays to read the fine print.?

Old
Evenly Divided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon|Rich View Post
I guess it pays to read the fine print.?
Guess so. And "re-read" the fine print

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Guess so. And "re-read" the fine print
Was that clause added after you read the first time? Most companies post new additions or changes somewhere.

24/7 Customer Support - Price Matching - Money Back Guarantee

Old
Evenly Divided

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFragNetwork View Post
Was that clause added after you read the first time? Most companies post new additions or changes somewhere.
Yes, it was. But like I said, I take full responsibility. Was a "live and learn" situation... unfortunately one that cost us $6,000+

Closed Thread