Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lease / Rent to own Datacenters

I am aware of the past topics on this but I am looking for an up to date listing of all the datacenters that have lease/rent to own plans. In the past when discussed it seemed to me that there were companies that do this but don't advertise it.

To make things easier, let's assume for a second that the intent is to build over time a number of colocated servers. This would mean that I would want to get lease/rent to own terms for multiple servers (a minimum is fine as long as there is the offsetting discount).

My list below is based on what I recall but if there are other names that I am missing please let me know. I am including some that may require some clarification from the datacenter.

Take2hosting.com
    Webnx.com
    Ezzi.net
    netdepot.com
    Burst.net
    Hivelocity.com
    Interserver.net
    FDCServers.net
    wholesaleinternet.com

I would appreciate it if anyone could clarify if these companies do offer rent to own / lease to own and what the minimum terms (months or number of servers) are. If there are others missing, please let me know.

Thanks in advance. If you need clarification, please just ask. I am only looking for North American locations at this time.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

you want each company to give you their terms on this? (that would be your best and most complete and accurate source of information) you will need to get a waiver on that from the self promo rule.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    you want each company to give you their terms on this? (that would be your best and most complete and accurate source of information) you will need to get a waiver on that from the self promo rule.
    Very good point. I will talk to the higher ups and perhaps we can develop this into a wiki list or an addendum to the DC list.
    Managed Services

pacificrack.com offer LTO I believe.

If they would tell you about their services, I feel that it would be against the rules. Right??

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    pacificrack.com offer LTO I believe.
    Yup! http://www.pacificrack.com/rto.html. SuperbHosting does the same http://www.superbhosting.net/dedicat...ase-to-own.php.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewanson View Post
    If they would tell you about their services, I feel that it would be against the rules. Right??
    It is against the rules, but he said he is going to ask the admins if their can be waiver for it to create a wiki.

I have left a message for the big boys and girls. For now confirming that you do RTO/LTO would be fine.

Can't believe I forgot PacificRack. Thanks.
    Managed Services

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    I have left a message for the big boys and girls. For now confirming that you do RTO/LTO would be fine.

Can't believe I forgot PacificRack. Thanks.
    Based on the above, we offer LTO/RTO.

The last time I checked with WebNX sales, they don't offer LTO/RTO, but just happens to be on their website.

PacificRack, Take2Hosting and NetDepot offers it for sure, since you can place an order on their website for those hardwares and some advertises on WHT too. However, PR sales told me that their boss dislike RTO and doesn't really promotes it.

We offer dedicated server RTO/LTO in all our locations. (this includes North American locations).
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    The last time I checked with WebNX sales, they don't offer LTO/RTO, but just happens to be on their website.

PacificRack, Take2Hosting and NetDepot offers it for sure, since you can place an order on their website for those hardwares and some advertises on WHT too. However, PR sales told me that their boss dislike RTO and doesn't really promotes it.
    Yeah, when I last spoke to Chris, who I then knew as Alex, he clearly expressed his dislike for the RTO offerings. They also had an awesome design planned then, not sure what happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    Yeah, when I last spoke to Chris, who I then knew as Alex, he clearly expressed his dislike for the RTO offerings. They also had an awesome design planned then, not sure what happened to it.
    Alex? He is the owner of PacificRack? Chris is the also one who told me that. Haha

We do not lease or finance our equipment, they are purchased cash as we are a 0-debt corporation. So unlike other companies, RTO's are literally direct cash loans from us to the customer. We do provide them, however we do not promote them strongly. This may change in the future however and we do have a strong base of current RTO customers.
    There is no Alex here anymore and Chris is not the owner, you simply misunderstood what Jason@BuzzServers was saying.
    In regards to the new site, the release is on hold until all our advanced automated features have finished being programmed and developed and new global locations are open and ready for customers. We will re-launch with the new site and all the features at once.

Thank you for your interest!
    PACIFICRACK - Striving for Automated and Scalable Servers
    Features Include: Public&Private Networks, Automated Forward and Reverse DNS, RWhois, Local OS Repos, Remote Reboot
    Coming Soon: Remote OS Installs, Recovery Boot, VPN Tunnel, Multiple Locations with Private Network Interconnections!

Take2hosting is a good

Take2hosting.com they offer rent and they good
    Webgater.CoM - Cheap FullyManged Unmetered VPS , Master Reseller ,
    Reseller and Webhosting.
    Tomer A

We provide lease-to-own (lto/rto) as well.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

SOMEONE had to do it.. didn't want it to be me, oi, but here you go.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/D...ting_Providers

I'd like to see the people offering LTO/RTO services actually say what the servers are; the kinds of specs you'd expect if you were actually buying a box.. vendors, etc. Is it a SuperMicro, Dell, HP, or other? What mobo, etc? Seems odd that some of these ones I'm looking at offer RTO but never mention on the site anything beyond the processor type, the amount of RAM and the number and amount of hard drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nex7 View Post
    SOMEONE had to do it.. didn't want it to be me, oi, but here you go.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/D...ting_Providers
    WebNX, BurstNET, HiVelocity, and FDCServers do not have LTO's or RTO's.

JaguarPC, Netdepot(GNAX), Take2Hosting, and Buzzservers do LTO's and RTO's.
    Last edited by Jacob Wall; 07-08-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nex7 View Post
    I'd like to see the people offering LTO/RTO services actually say what the servers are; the kinds of specs you'd expect if you were actually buying a box.. vendors, etc. Is it a SuperMicro, Dell, HP, or other? What mobo, etc? Seems odd that some of these ones I'm looking at offer RTO but never mention on the site anything beyond the processor type, the amount of RAM and the number and amount of hard drives.
    usually you can go to their dedicated server sales site and that is what they will lto you.

they are mainly going to do those boxes since if you default they can get the gear busy vs some crazy configs or very expensive boxes.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    WebNX, BurstNET, HiVelocity, and FDCServers do not have LTO's or RTO's.

JaguarPC, Netdepot(GNAX), Take2Hosting, and Buzzservers do LTO's and RTO's.
    Edit the wiki! Oi! Edited..

I was just going off his original list and people who've posted..

I started doing a bit of research on GNAX and found out they just got a seven and a half million dollar loan, that's crazy. *Thinks of how many servers that could buy*

Source: http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-n...Bank_Financing
    Last edited by Jacob Wall; 07-08-2009 at 02:06 AM.

I thought this is about leasing and owning the datacenter itself
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    I started doing a bit of research on GNAX and found out they just got a seven and a half million dollar loan, that's crazy. *Thinks of how many servers that could buy*

Source: http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-n...Bank_Financing
    I'm not surprised at all. Big datacenters sure need some loans to support their growth. It is rare to find a business who is debtless.

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    I thought this is about leasing and owning the datacenter itself
    for clarification -
    That refinanced a loan on the data center itself but the majority of it is simply a creditline that is available for whatever we want to do in our family of companies. We have not tapped it though since we have been paying cash for everything to date - but its available.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast