Hybrid View

* 5 Monitors, 15 Minute Checkrate, Free for Life! - 1 Minute check starts at $5/month!

We provide high frequency website (and network device) monitoring, which is essential for protecting your business and your credibility.
    Our network is monitored 24/7 to ensure online services are performing efficiently and sends downtime alerts via SMS, SMS by email, email or phone call. Binary Canary offers a free 15 minute website monitoring account, plus paid plans that start at $5 per month for 10 one-minute monitors.

BinaryCanary.com is dedicated to providing customers with the best high speed monitoring service available, with monitoring nodes in Seattle, Washington, and London England.
    We offer credibility protection for websites that matter. Does yours?

http://www.binarycanary.com

Hello,
    I just signed up and will take your service for a spin
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Hello,
    I just signed up and will take your service for a spin
    Excellent, Thanks! Please let us know if you find anything that you would like to see on our site that currently do not offer

Josh - BinaryCanary.com

Yes, Of course I will write a review on your services. I can say so far that the setup was a snap.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

I just singed up for a free account, setup was easy, my only gripe was that each location is counted as a monitor, a minimum of 2 free locations for each monitor would be nice to avoid any false positives, other than that it looks good.
    Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting - Email Marketing
    BuyHTTP, LLC - R1Soft CDP backup and RVsitebuilder included with all shared/reseller plans
    Cloud Hosting Truly redundant high available cloud from a trusted name.

Mike,

One of the easiest ways for us to offset the free monitor accounts is to use each monitoring location as a "monitor", however. If you only have 1 monitoring location selected for www.site.com then respectively to ensure the monitoring system is doing its job correctly, it will randomly select a backup monitor to also check the site before it sends you out an alert. I hope this clears up the question, so in reality, you are getting two monitoring nodes on 1 monitor regardless.

Cool, so is it different in the paid version? do all locations count as 1 monitor?
    Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting - Email Marketing
    BuyHTTP, LLC - R1Soft CDP backup and RVsitebuilder included with all shared/reseller plans

Quote Originally Posted by Buyhttp-Mike View Post
    Cool, so is it different in the paid version? do all locations count as 1 monitor?
    No. If you buy 10 monitors, you can monitor 3 servers from 3 locations (totaling 9). It disappointed me.
    AS395558

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    No. If you buy 10 monitors, you can monitor 3 servers from 3 locations (totaling 9). It disappointed me.
    Well, i'm not surprised considering the fact that you don't pay extra for 1 min interval, they have good pricing and they do confirm with another monitoring location that it's not a false positive. So overall it's still a good deal.

Hey Guys,

We love the feedback, if you have any testimonials of your use and experience of Binary Canary so far it would be much appreciated!

Have a good weekend all!

Josh
    BinaryCanary.com

Sorry, but your monitors must be broken or something, they continuously tell me my site is offline, while three other monitors all in very nearby locations say it's fine.
    Not sure what to put here :-P

mooseweb, I have PM'd you. Thanks!

I got the PM, still happening.

Not sure what's going on, I think you may just have accidentally blocked me or something because your working for another site I have up. (Different Server, same DC)
    Not sure what to put here :-P

We Believe it is a DNS related issue and how our servers try to contact your Domain/Network, your server is pingable from all of our monitoring nodes, something DNS related is causing a block somewhere. I will email you tomorrow morning, it is currently 11:19PM where I am now.

Have a great evening!

Our Developer is going to log and monitor activity overnight, when he gets into the office in the A.M he will have a resolution.
    Last edited by BinaryCanary; 07-09-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryCanary View Post
    We Believe it is a DNS related issue and how our servers try to contact your Domain/Network, your server is pingable from all of our monitoring nodes, something DNS related is causing a block somewhere. I will email you tomorrow morning, it is currently 11:19PM where I am now.

Have a great evening!

Our Developer is going to log and monitor activity overnight, when he gets into the office in the A.M he will have a resolution.
    Just to let everyone know, our systems have found the issue to be on the DNS side and that our systems have detected the fault with the DNS.