80s metal band members, where are they now?

After the glamour and fame, do you have some infos, or what are they doing for a living now?
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

I'll name only the band name or its members that's familiar to me.

1. Trixter members
    2. Fasterpussycat
    3. Bret Michaels of Poison
    4. Warrant members
    5. Judas Priest
    6. Guns and Roses-Axl Rose, Slash
    7. LA Guns
    and more....

GnR just released another album didn't they? I lost interest when they launched the spegetti thingme album.. AC/DC.. though they were around in the 70's are still kickin it.

what are they doing now?

Rehab.

Originally posted by Jeffreyw
    I'll name only the band name or its members that's familiar to me.

1. Trixter members
    2. Fasterpussycat
    3. Bret Michaels of Poison
    4. Warrant members
    5. Judas Priest
    6. Guns and Roses-Axl Rose, Slash
    7. LA Guns
    and more....
    You sure those are bands?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

yep, besides Trixter I've heard of and/or listened to all of them

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Judas Priest is still around and Hallford has been doing solo for a while now. They are thinking of a reunion. Hallford rocks!

And don't forget Ozzy!
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

I don't think Judas Priest belongs in that list. They are in a completely different league. That would be like listing Led Zepplin in a list of rock bands that didn't quite make it.

Judas Priest is still around, although with a new singer, Ripper Owens. Their latest album, Demolition, is OK, but a bit too speed metalish for me. They've toured the states, but all at smaller venues, no big arenas.

Rob Halford currently has his own band, Halford. They've released three albums that are pretty awesome. Two studio albums and a live album. The first album, Resurrection, has a more classic metal sound to it and was written mostly by Rob, while the second has a more modern metal sound and had much more input from the other band members. Halford toured a little while back with Iron Maiden. One of the songs on Resurrection is a duo with Bruce Dickenson.

Richard
    Enigma Hosting
    "I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying!"

breakin the law ... breakin the law...
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

My first live concert and I was 30 at the time , better late than never. Looking forward to the next time Halford is in town.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Looks like Halford is set to start touring again at the end of December. The only show that they have listed so far is in Las Vegas. In case anyone is interested you can get more info at the Halford website http://www.robhalford.com/ .

If you happen to live in Louisiana anywhere around Baton Rouge you should check out a band called Madstone, http://www.madstone.org/ . The singer is a buddy of mine. Even if you're not around Baton Rouge you should buy their CD. It's very good

Richard
    Enigma Hosting
    "I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying!"

Well I'm going to see Guns N Roses next Sunday so at least Axl is still going along...hooray! Slash has a project with Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, and they had that singer from Buck Cherry in on it, but kicked him out. Last I heard, he's just being a rock star without a home.

Bret Micheals is producing movies (low budget no doubt) and he actually started a production company with Charlie Sheen and I believe Emilio Estevez (although I'm not for sure).

LA Guns is still putting out albums and stuff. They tour, but mostly on the club circuit and in the US and Japan.

Fasterpussycat and Trixter have long since broken up, and as far as I know, none of the members are doing anything above the radar anymore. It does seem like somebody from Trixter did get into something else though.
    Not only do I think for myself, I AM myself

Originally posted by Noldar
    I don't think Judas Priest belongs in that list. They are in a completely different league. That would be like listing Led Zepplin in a list of rock bands that didn't quite make it.
    Well put. I always thought the British bands like Priest and Maiden operated at an entirely different level than the L.A. bands anyway.

I saw Priest twice - once on the "Screaming For Vengeance" tour with maiden opening, and again on the "Defenders" tour (don't remember who opened that one). They were awesome.

I have mixed feelings about a reunion though - Halford is doing some cool stuff on his own, but based on what I heard of him doing "Another thing coming" on some TV music awards thing recently, I don't know if still has the vocal chops to pull off the old stuff anymore. If they try it, I hope they have the sense follow through only if it sounds right.

=mazz=

I've seen on TV an ex-member of a metal band (forgot the name though) doing a job helping his borther's business installing large billboards and signs. Well, at least he wasn't rehabed.

Here's what I know on some 80's bands;

Rush - Still kicking... just had a show on Monday in Cleveland

Def Leppard - Still going at it also... barely. Released a new album a couple of months ago titled "X." Has a different sound to it.

Guns N' Roses - All new except for Drummer? (I think) and Axl.

Slash got replaced by bucket head or whatever his name is. Slash has his own band called something like Slash's snake heads or something like that. They totally suck.

Skid Row - Toured with Kiss and Ted Nugent in Y2K. I went to their concert... they suck without Sebastion Bach.

White Snake - No clue

Warrant - No clue

Poison - Living the high life doing absolutely nothing.

Journey - Prolly in Bankrupcty court, they sucked in the 80's so they definitely suck now.

Motley Crue - Who knows? Tommy Lee left who know's what happened after that.

April Wine is still kickin' it.. love 'em... Rumours are a new live album coming out soon! For a band that put it's first album out in '71, that's pretty good. The new site is coming soon... http://www.aprilwine.ca
    and you can see them live at the Classic Rock Festival in Minidosa, Manitoba every year....'nough said about AW
    Need Control Panel help? Tutorials, FAQS, user guides. and more
    Don't have the control panel you use listed? Let us know.

Journey does not suck!

Originally posted by inogenius

Skid Row - Toured with Kiss and Ted Nugent in Y2K. I went to their concert... they suck without Sebastion Bach.

Warrant - No clue

Skid Row sucked hardcore on that tour, Kiss rocked the house, and the Nuge, well he will always be the Nuge!

Warrant plays the local bar scene, they were recently here in Wisconsin, as was Winger....won't be long for them now......

And interesting to see Bon Jovi still topping the charts 20 years on too. They were my first concert as such. I had 3 tickets and took 2 young ladies with me.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

You actually admit you went to a Bon Jovi concert??? At least you had the ladies to make you smile, you dog

Originally posted by DrChaos
    You actually admit you went to a Bon Jovi concert???
    LOL, I was going to say the same thing!

Originally posted by DrChaos
    You actually admit you went to a Bon Jovi concert??? At least you had the ladies to make you smile, you dog
    I liked their music then and still do. Got a problem with that?

Originally posted by Acronym BOY
    Journey does not suck!
    I hate to say it, but I agree with you . Journey most definitely does not suck.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

I liked their music then and still do. Got a problem with that?
    It's a phenomenon, American heterosexual males are not allowed to like Bon Jovi, however in other countries it is considered perfectly acceptable for a heterosexual male to like Bon Jovi.

Some friends were visiting me from Germany many moons ago and we went and saw Bon Jovi with Skid Row opening.

Best concert I ever saw, Alice Cooper open air in Nurnburg Germany, blew me away.

Manson in concert is something everyone should see as well (not 80's but figured I'd mention it).

Morbid Angel while I hate the singing their synchronous solos done live just left me standing there with jaw dropped, very cool.

How about bands who are still around we WISH would break up, tops on my list, Metallica. I hear something "new" on the radio from them then I get pissed and pop in _anything_ pre-Black album and just shake my head thinking "they did this kickass music and now they're doing THAT?" what a shame.

GNR shoulda stayed dead
    Poison too

Then you have Slayer, still kicking ass, still making totally evil music and somehow managing to grow their sound a bit too. God Hates us All blows me away.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Guns and Roses are still around? I liked their Sweet Child of Mine. I loved playing that guitar opening. It sounded so cool when you were 18 and jamming in garages. I just heard on the news tonight that GNR cancelled a concert in Canada and the crowd started to riot. hehe.

Def Leppard - Hysteria was a good album too.

Seen 2 Bon Jovi shows and the chaps play good music. I took up the guitar after my first Bon Jovi concert. Who didn't want to be Richie Sambora and chugging out Wanted Dead of Alive with his cool cowboy hat and duel axe? Their latest song, "everyday" isn't that bad either. You got to hand it to them for still topping the charts 20 years into their careers.

Has anyone here seen the new GnR yet? I am going Dec 2 with the wife in Boston. Typically I dont bother going after more than one or two people leave the band because they usually suck after that but I saw them on the MTV Awards and they sounded OK, a little weird looking now but sounded good so I bought some tickets just seeing if anyone has a review for the concert.

According to the L.A. Times this morning, I know where Axl isn't, heh. Guns N Roses was supposed to kick off their tour in Canada but he didn't make the flight from L.A. and the show was cancelled and apparently a riot broke out. Things smashed, everyone really happy, etc.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Originally posted by OKIHost
    Has anyone here seen the new GnR yet? I am going Dec 2 with the wife in Boston.
    I'm going next Sunday in Moline IL....at least I hope the show is still on!

Will post a review. I actually have high hopes for it...mainly cos I'm uber-curious as to what Axl's new stuff will sound like. From what I've heard, it ain't bad (although it certainly isn't GNR from the days of yore). I missed the original lineup, so I guess this is the next best thing.

Oh...and I saw that tour with Kiss, nuge and non-sebass Skid Row....SR definately left something to be desired. They played alright, but it wasn't the same. Nugent was crazy as hell though. That was fun.

This is a horse of a different color...but did anybody catch the Area 2 tour this summer? I really wanted to go (cos Bowie was on it, and I've caught every tour of his possible), but the funds weren't cooperating with me.
    Not only do I think for myself, I AM myself

Originally posted by DaveMc
    I'm going next Sunday in Moline IL....at least I hope the show is still on!

Will post a review. I actually have high hopes for it...mainly cos I'm uber-curious as to what Axl's new stuff will sound like. From what I've heard, it ain't bad (although it certainly isn't GNR from the days of yore). I missed the original lineup, so I guess this is the next best thing.
    What's the deal with the guitar player with the bucket on his head?? What happened to Slash?

What's the deal with the guitar player with the bucket on his head?? What happened to Slash?
    Slash got tired of waiting for Axl to get his life together so he went and played some shows with other bands. He then went and created his own band about 2 years ago, named Slash's Snake Snake Pit.

And his band sucks he's better off going back to GNR
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by DaveMc

Will post a review. I actually have high hopes for it...mainly cos I'm uber-curious as to what Axl's new stuff will sound like.
    www.kazaalite.com is your freind.. I actually like the new stuff its kinda more mellow..

Originally posted by OKIHost

www.kazaalite.com is your freind.. I actually like the new stuff its kinda more mellow..

He is getting old, that's why...