hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion : zencart issues with paypal

Forum Jump

zencart issues with paypal

Reply Post New Thread In Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

zencart issues with paypal

I created a demo product to purchase for testing purposes. I place the order and I receive my confirmation email and the order/invoice as well on the other end. But when I look in my bank account the money isn't deducted. Doesn't appear to be working, far as payment goes. I'm using Paypal IPN feature in zencart. I have a post over on the zencart forums about it but couple days have gone by now and nada. Anyone have any idea where I should go from here?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Is ZenCart still alive? Did you got to PayPal's site?

Old

Did you placed order using the same account as configured on zen-cart?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Not sure I understand your question Joozen. The product I ordered isn't real it's made up. I did this to test it out before I went live with it to see how it works. For the most part it appears to work just fine but people would be getting free products lol.

I checked over other things like IPN/curl proxy tests and it tests as ok. I've ran thru the wiki article twice now and everything matches. Just not sure where else to look

Old

PayPal will never pay, or dedact money if seller and buyer using the same account.

Old
Web Hosting Master

The paypal account holder belongs to someone else.

Old

When did you placed order? Usually it takes 2-3 days after PayPal payment when money disappear from account.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I made an order on Thursday last week and made one yesterday nothing shows up. Usually when I use my paypal card money is instantly removed from the account, even if I use my regular bank card something shows up as pending. Is it zencart that just takes that long? I have orders sitting in there right now from yesterday that haven't debit my account yet.

Old

Did you check PayPal account. What is the order status? If it completed that is PayPal issue but not Zen-Cart’s.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Nothing is taken from mine, nothing placed into the account holders. Order is placed. I get the confirmation that says its been ordered and thats it. In zencart it says the order is pending though

Old

You got some problems with PayPal call back, if all PayPal settings are correct (check them all one more time, that all necessary fields are filled) also, one more issue some hosting providers not to support allow_url_fopen mode. Best solution: try to install PayPal express, and set up API signature on your PayPal account. Express uses double methods of checkout: fast and long, so customer will be able to change delivery address. And API signature is more secure.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Account holder said that moving to the express option requires them to upgrade their account which isn't an option right now. So IPN feature is what they want to use, which puts me back to square one.

Old

To to tools -> server information. Under Configuration -> Php core check the status of allow_url_fopen

Old
Web Hosting Master

allow_url_fopen On On

Old

It's really impossible to tell you what's wrong like this. Is it clean zen-cart installation and default integrated module? If so, it should work if you set up all correctly. Last suggestion check if links to paypal web service is correct www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr