Websites on my dedicated server not working.

Hi,

My websites on my dedicated have stopped working since yesterday. I tried to figure out the problem and as i have made no changes, i wasn't able to why are my websites not working.

i got a message from cpanel after 24 hours of time :

---------------------Message--------------------------------

MPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.
    The hostname (server.educationss.com) resolves to . It should resolve to 78.129.226.8. Please be sure to correct /etc/hosts as well as the 'A' entry in zone file for the domain.

Some are all of these problems can be caused by
    /etc/resolv.conf being setup incorrectly. Please check this file if you
    believe everything else is correct.

You may be able to
    automatically correct this problem by using the ' Add an A entry for your
    hostname ' under ' Dns Functions ' in your Web Host Manager

-------------------------------------------------------------

help me.

regards,
    gaurav

is your server managed or unmanaged?
    Hostcrate.com - Shoutcast Streams & Web Hosting
    █ Custom Streams Available - Contact me - We're in Second Life Too!
    Real Quality - Real Support - Real Affordable since 2008!

my server is unmanaged .

do you have any available funds to hire a management team or add it to your server from the server company you got it from?

hi,

my server is unmanaged. well i found out a thread here saying this is the solution but i don't even know how to login to my server where to find the etc folder and how to do it all,

could you please, help me , tell me the way i can use the mentioned help, i need to know all steps as i only know to login on my server.

-------------------SOLUTION ON THE WEB--------------------------

took at look at your server and figured out what was wrong.

1. You had San Antonio caching nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf, but your server is in Virginia. The caching nameservers do not respond to queries from IP addresses in other datacenters, so all of your DNS lookups were failing. Corrected.

2. /etc/rndc.key was blank. Copied the key entry out of /etc/rndc.conf and put it in /etc/rndc.key .

3. The rndc key name was incorrect in /etc/named.conf . The key is "rndc-key" but named.conf had "rndckey". Corrected.

It should be working now. This was your freebie.

-knightfoo
    -------------------SOLUTION END--------------------------------------
    Only my WHM port i.e. 2086 & 2087 are working and no other ports are working . my websites are not responding.

regards,
    gaurav

hi,

i don't have funds to manage all these stuff and problems . i need to do it myself surfing on the internet and finding out the problem. even i have found the solution but i don't know how to log on the server and correct my etc folder files.

you have to do the adjustments in SSH/telnet and if your not familiar with that, then ask the company as some offer a few free hours to fix certain things and this is one of them that should be covered.

i have my dedicated server with rapidswitch. They don't offer free hours, even though they ask hefty amounts for each help. I know putty, and could login , but i don't know the exact commands and how to edit the files. Could you please, tell me a little step by step how to do this and through what commands.

gaurav

Do you have cPanel/WHM installed on your server? Then it would be easy to fix it...

Moved > Technical & Security Issues .
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by agmOne View Post
    Do you have cPanel/WHM installed on your server? Then it would be easy to fix it...
    Short explanation:
    Go to cPanel Webhost Manager,
    click on "DNS Functions",
    click on "Add an A Entry for your Hostname",
    insert the IP adress of your server (78.129.226.8),
    click on "Add entry".

and you're done.

hi,

yes i do have the cpanel and WHM installed, could you guide me how to solve the problem through this.

gaurav

Please look one posting above yours - I just posted a guide...

i did the steps you have written. but the problem does not fix with this.

i found this solution on the web. but i don't know how to repair all these files, could you help me with this please, in a step by step form

1. You had San Antonio caching nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf, but your server is in Virginia. The caching nameservers do not respond to queries from IP addresses in other datacenters, so all of your DNS lookups were failing. Corrected.

2. /etc/rndc.key was blank. Copied the key entry out of /etc/rndc.conf and put it in /etc/rndc.key .

3. The rndc key name was incorrect in /etc/named.conf . The key is "rndc-key" but named.conf had "rndckey". Corrected.

-knightfoo
    Only my WHM port i.e. 2086 & 2087 are working and no other ports are working . my websites are not responding.
    regards,
    gaurav

Quote Originally Posted by indoadeptcreations View Post
    i did the steps you have written. but the problem does not fix with this.
    Sorry to hear - that always helped me in that case. I am not enough of a technician to help further - maybe someone else can?

i have tried the above steps, but its not working. i have found a solution on the web to this but i am not able to execute it, could you please guide me how to do this through logging into ssh through putty or other commands.:

-knightfoo

regards,
    gaurav