Thread: 2advanced.com

They all did nice jobs using the same style. I don't see much of a rip or anything.

Yeah, style is all similar. But I mean you can almost always tell a pixelbrick just by the style too. The other thing I noticed is flash is so un-necessary, especially when over 50% of people are still on Dial-Up. Took for freakin ever to load.

A rip off is a rip off. Enough said.

Thanks for injecting some sense into this thread.
    Web Hosting since 1999

Well after my conversation with this company. This company deservers everything that is coming to them.

I would never use 2 advanced.
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

So you had a bad experience with them and that gives people the right to rip them off?
    Web Hosting since 1999

Yes, they are blatant rips. Just because someone actually put a little effort into trying to rip 2advanced's design doesn't make it right.

It may not make it right, but if you read my post on my 2advanced expierence they deserver everything that comes to them.

For anyone else that is completly wrong.
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

refresh my memory.. From what I remember you inquired about having them design a site for you. They quoted serious money, and you got shirty about it, then proceeded to make an issue of it.

Feel free to correct my opinion

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Yeah JBIZ718 show us the thread so we can make an informed decision here.

You offered it up, now show us where to find it. I for one have not read it and I would be interested to see what actually happened.
    Web Hosting since 1999

http://www.fstudiodesign.ru/fsd.html

They copied exactly the same style of 2advanced. Especially the button (the effects are the same). Is this allowable?

hey! even the portfolio section.

Man, did they work hard to copy their style or what! what dedication.

Amazing skills
    Web Hosting since 1999

Webarama:

Here's the thread that was referred to above...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=2advanced

Apparently because JBIZ718 doesn't like their price or their attitude, they deserve to be blatantly stolen from.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

hostpath.com:
    Thanks. Sure does seem like a lot of HOOHAA over nothing.

JBIZ718:
    So what's the problem? They gave you a quote you didn't like so now you have spat the dummy? And that gives someone else the right to go and commit a criminal act of theft of their ideas, yes? Speak logically.
    Web Hosting since 1999

yet another 2A thread...here and on flashkit.they even put tomy novak "mod" just to answer ppls posts about 2A.

Well my 2C....they r good ,......and same style is no prob......but 80k for same style is BS.but some ppl are wiling to pay that much.
    and some not...like thier last site"x-eng"...it was for 20k.
    are they a ripoff?
    well everyone gets inspired from everyone
    are they ripped off?
    ehehe,i have all the orignal fla files for 2A stolen by a chinese hacker.and i dont know how in the ... did he get them."i contacted them about it..so they know about it"
    and yes there are designers whos better than them in all means out there..i like pixel brick.... whoswe.....clickstudio....bal bla bla..

so they r good at it..even this thread proves it....they r known....and if 1% of clients out there is willing to pay any company 80k.it will be 2A for sure......

but i can understand why JBIZ718 is mad at them.somtimes they talk like.. .hummmmmmmm...less mature than a 14 year old school kid.
    Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

Well 2Advanced.com have a right to be a teeny weeny bit cocky. They have a professional design studio of their own. A brick and mortar building reserved for 2A. They produce some of the best work on the internet. Maybe not THE best, but anyone who says 2Advanced are not competant, is obviously talking from a jealous point of view. 2Advanced have a lot going for them and ERIC Jordan is living everyone's ideal fantasy, he's his own boss, doing something he enjoys. I think every designer on WHT would aspire to be in Eric's shoes right now

Edit: Pardon moi
    Last edited by Chachi; 11-08-2002 at 11:29 AM.

God, that amount of Flash, while very talented, is annoying as all hell to me. I just don't see it being more than novelty. I like the use of flash at that demodemo site for tutorials and such, but that's about it for my tastes.

Fazel, I think's it Eric Jordan, not Michael

Yeah, I believe it is, but before you start snickering, I have an excuse ---> I'm still suffering from an anaesthethic (sp!?)

Crap, too late, I've already begun a hearty chortle . I take it you just had some form of surgery? Hope all is well.

I have indeed , I had splints which were put into my nose during the surgery removed yesterday, god it was awful.... moreso for the doctor, putting your fingers up someone's nostrils can't be fun at all

deviated septum perhaps?

It could be perhaps

I live by the saying, what you don't know can't hurt you. I went into the operation knowing they'd be fiddling around inside my nose and to this moment in time, that's all I know

Although some friends have decided that if I won't explain what happened to my nose, they'll have to start a rumour that a bone from my nose was growing into my brain!!!

Can't wait to quelch that rumour as soon as I'm able to go out into the cold british outdoors

LOL, I hear ya. I guess we should take this back on topic before we get a "warning".

Good Idea ;-)

add this to your list of 2A rips
    http://www.muchostylez.com/index3.html

search for 2A on google.....tons of rips
    Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

I agree with NumLock. Also http://www.blueviper.com.au/ is much of a rip.