Thread: VPS Manager

VPS Manager

Since hypervm is now no longer backed. What VPS managers have hosts been going to? Are there any new ones? Please let me know thanks. So far I'v come across vzwave which is in beta and solusvm which doesnt have a set date. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostingunderadollar View Post
    Since hypervm is now no longer backed. What VPS managers have hosts been going to? Are there any new ones? Please let me know thanks. So far I'v come across vzwave which is in beta and solusvm which doesnt have a set date. Let me know.
    VSControl, it's for Xen only.
    Radar, it's for Xen only, and extremely expensive.

VDSmanager by ispsystem.com It's quite good.

For others it depends on whether your running Xen or Openvz. VDSmanager does both. But most others only support either Xen or Openvz.

one for openvz would be Proxmox, But that doesn't have a end-user login.
    (There are quite a few OpenVZ ones out there, not as many Xen ones.)

Quote Originally Posted by Obtrix View Post
    VDSmanager by ispsystem.com It's quite good.

For others it depends on whether your running Xen or Openvz. VDSmanager does both. But most others only support either Xen or Openvz.

one for openvz would be Proxmox, But that doesn't have a end-user login.
    (There are quite a few OpenVZ ones out there, not as many Xen ones.)
    I would recommend steering clear of VDSmanager. VDSmanager is OK for single servers but it provides no central management, and is seriously limited. The developers are also relunctant to implement desperately needed features and are sometimes hard to work with. Check out their feature requests forum and see how that is working for them and what they do with the feedback they get on it.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

just from me previous experience with openvz the features they are adding shouldnt take a month to do/debug. Don't get me wrong, i love VDS Manager, but 1 or 2 new features each month which are things really basic (which im having to manually go edit the vps config files to add more CPU's (this came in early July) to a container or add some more burstable ram etc.

But hopefully its going to get better soon.

Best,
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

We're actually moving from VDSmanager to Virtual Complete. ISPSystem development team does not take their product serious.

ADDITIONALLY, I spoke to one of their developers, and even he said they do not check the forums for feature requests.

Development has been extremely slow, at best. VC is constantly improving their product, and in the few months they have been in business, they surpass any progress VDSmanager has made in their 2 years of existence.

Just my .02 cents, and something that you should think about.
    Last edited by VN-Ken; 07-30-2009 at 02:29 PM.

VN-Ken, maby they are not earning much right now and since they have a lot of work to do it's no use to check the forums. You can checked them later, the requests will remain there. Also, there was HyperVM until recently and maby nobody really cared about their control panel.
    Maby the guys at VC have seen the potential of the openVZ market and they took it seriously, but only in time we will see a good OpenVZ, Xen a.s.o control panel.
    Also, did you noticed how many new OpenVZ control panels are coming out or at least are announced ?
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi4n View Post
    VN-Ken, maby they are not earning much right now and since they have a lot of work to do it's no use to check the forums. You can checked them later, the requests will remain there. Also, there was HyperVM until recently and maby nobody really cared about their control panel.
    Maby the guys at VC have seen the potential of the openVZ market and they took it seriously, but only in time we will see a good OpenVZ, Xen a.s.o control panel.
    Also, did you noticed how many new OpenVZ control panels are coming out or at least are announced ?
    I agree with this totally. I've counted 6 or 7 new panels in the past month that seem to be appearing from no where as they are all looking to jump on the OpenVZ/Xen CP Bandwagon.

I feel with VDS Manager, its an upcoming control panel which when updated does have very useful updates and its fully tested. Also they publicly announce there change log which is great.

I had a look at VC control panel, but looking at it, people are currently waiting to sign up or there not responding to emails. It looks good in terms of features, but how well tested is it?

Just my $0.02

Best,
    Nathaniel
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

Ah, my newest friend finally agrees with me

Seriously now, with what happened to vaserv and what numbers popped up lead to more control panel appearing on the market. We'll just have to wait a little more.
    The best control panel has always been the one you developped or participated in his developpement since you know exactly what you want. Still that will require a lot of time and money.

Testing a control panel cand be done in a number of ways but the best method I've seen so far is waiting for others to test if "for you".
    Last edited by Cristi4n; 07-31-2009 at 08:49 AM.
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi4n View Post
    That is no excuse. VC is not making much now, and still they surpassed VDSmanager. At that, VDSmanager had a few years to get it right.

VDS

I think VDSManager will be good, wait till it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I think VDSManager will be good, wait till it comes out.
    VDSmanager is out?

Quote Originally Posted by CymraegWalesHosting View Post
    I agree with this totally. I've counted 6 or 7 new panels in the past month that seem to be appearing from no where as they are all looking to jump on the OpenVZ/Xen CP Bandwagon.
    And how many vaporware out of these 7?

You know, in this forum, I have seen SO MANY people saying "ah, all these panel are too bad, I'm doing my own, you'll see it in one month, it will rock them all". When I say so many, I mean like one thing like this EVERY MONTH at least, and like 99% of vaporware. It would be nice if users of this forum were understanding this very important point. This all makes me quite tired, knowing that our work is released on our yum repo and available from our Git.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

We are using vePortal.com

Extremely good pricing and support is second to none. That includes bug fixes.

They are releasing fixes daily. Been using them since they were announced and I'm glad I made that decision.

Clients love it and it uses low resources, also very fast.

I can highly recommend them. Can't expect much for $7.50 per month for unlimited VPS per server.
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.

I will recommend panenthe.com

http://public.beta.panenthe.com/ See Beta.

They are coming out next week
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Are you a BETA tester? Can you tell us what you like about them?
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.