Paypal Payments Pro

This is for the PRO edition, not standard Paypal. Is anyone here using it with WHMCS *and* can you automatically charge your customers' credit card each month with this?

I'm thinking of switching from 2CO, since we can't automatically charge customers' credit cards each month via WHMCS + 2CO.

Don't suggest a standard merchant account, please. We already have a couple of those. I'm asking only about Paypal Payments Pro.

Thanks in advance!

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    This is for the PRO edition, not standard Paypal. Is anyone here using it with WHMCS *and* can you automatically charge your customers' credit card each month with this?

I'm thinking of switching from 2CO, since we can't automatically charge customers' credit cards each month via WHMCS + 2CO.

Don't suggest a standard merchant account, please. We already have a couple of those. I'm asking only about Paypal Payments Pro.

Thanks in advance!

--Tina
    Tina,

We've been using this for a while now and have it integrated with WHMCS. Yes you can automatically charge your customers every month. We switched from 2co to this as well. It is basically, a standard merchant account.

We're processing a few thousand transactions a month with it, and it is a very robust system. They'll provide you with a PayPal manager control panel which is linked to your PayPal account too, thus centralising your PayPal and CC funds. The control panel includes a virtual terminal and gives you access to the features you would expect (preauth, void, sale etc). Additionally, you can also access and search funds received via credit cards right through your normal PayPal control panel. It will tell you the card type, method etc. too...

Support is on the ball, and they'll typically ring you when there is an issue.

Another major benefit is that as you process more and more, your monthly rate will reduce. PayPal will take into account both your PayPal transactions and PayPal Pro transactions to determine your overall fee.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Thank you! That is exactly the information I was looking for.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Alright - I got it set up and integrated and was able to successfully process a new order (test order via WHMCS using my personal name and credit card).

However, I tried to do an auto-payment with a newly created invoice (for a fake "addon" product) on the test account I set up in WHMCS, I get this error in the gateway log:

This transaction cannot be processed without a Credit Card Verification number.

Any idea why its missing the CCV number?

--Tina

IIRC, it is HIGHLY against the rules to store the CVV number of a customer's card. WHMCS isn't storing the CVV number, and therefore cannot use it in the transaction.

Perhaps there is a setting in your paypal account and/or WHMCS that will allow you to process a transaction without the CVV number?

It has not been that long since a certain site, ahem, got hacked and got into huge trouble for having, among other things, CVV numbers stored. You definitely want to NOT do that.

Okay, guys. I fully know that you can't store CCV numbers. My assumption was that Paypal kept the CCV and we kept the CC - and that something wasn't "meshing".

FWIW, we've been processing cc payments for 12 years and have 2 merchant accounts, 3 2CO accounts and several Paypal accounts. We've *NEVER* stored CCV numbers.

I've now learned that Paypal needs to enable Advanced Fraud Filters for us, so that we can shut off processing recurring charges with CVV.

--Tina

I should have put a smiley face on my previous post. I was making sort of a joke. I did not really suspect you of storing the numbers Lately, it seems only me finds my jokes funny

I definitely wasn't lecturing you, Tina. I was just throwing my idea out there as a possible reason for the process not working. I figured it was a setting that wasn't quite correct on either your side or paypal's side...

No, no guys. I appreciate your comments, I do! I was just making sure that no one thought I was stupidly trying to save CCV info.

--Tina

Hooray for this thread! It answered a lot of questions that I was about to come ask. Any complaints on pppro yet Tina? I'm about to get it as well and was wondering what the ups and downs are.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

My only complaint is that I have to get advanced fraud filters (looks like it may be $20 per month extra?) in order to do recurring charges. Other than that, it works like a charm.

Oh, the other complaint is that they want to run a PERSONAL credit check and financial history - when this is a business account and I always keep everything separate (plus we have equal partners involved). It'd make more sense if they took our business Tax ID and credit history.

--Tina

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    My only complaint is that I have to get advanced fraud filters (looks like it may be $20 per month extra?) in order to do recurring charges. Other than that, it works like a charm.

Oh, the other complaint is that they want to run a PERSONAL credit check and financial history - when this is a business account and I always keep everything separate (plus we have equal partners involved). It'd make more sense if they took our business Tax ID and credit history.

--Tina
    Would you personally stick to it rather then a normal merchant account? That advance fraud management feature you were talking seems a tad pricy when combined with actualy account. $30+20

Adv. Fraud: $20 USD monthly + $0.05 USD per transaction

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    Would you personally stick to it rather then a normal merchant account? That advance fraud management feature you were talking seems a tad pricy when combined with actualy account. $30+20
    I'm wondering the same. $50/month before any transactions are even considered seems insanely steep. I mean, I only process a couple hundred transactions per month currently, so it's probably less impacting on someone with thousands of clients, but still seems a bit high.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!