Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502

    Exclamation Anyone else getting spam from techrudra?

    Hi,
    I have gotten a PM from techrudra and also an AIM message. Has this been happening to you as well?

    He is trying to self promote his services via PM.
    This is what the email says:
    --------------------------------------
    "Hello,


    <<snipped>>



    If you want to discuss further then, please use our above contact details.

    We are looking forward reply from you.





    Thanks!





    Regards,

    TechRudra."
    ----------------------

    AIM Message:
    -------------------
    <<snipped>>
    -------------------

    I don't know what his intention is of spamming, probably because he does not have enough posts to advertise publicly. Anyone know where I can report this, helpdesk at WHT or do I forward the message to a mod?

    Thanks,
    ~ Adam
    Last edited by bear; 06-30-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: By request
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Here Today - Gone to Maui
    Posts
    6,262
    Not getting that here. Just hit the red report button - top right. Mods will take care of it for you. Of course, you just helped promote their services with your post. LOL
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lakeport CA, Clear Lake
    Posts
    1,856

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
    Not getting that here. Just hit the red report button - top right. Mods will take care of it for you. Of course, you just helped promote their services with your post. LOL
    Anyone that would purchase any service from an obvious spammer like that is probably someone you wouldn't want as a client anyway.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
    Not getting that here. Just hit the red report button - top right. Mods will take care of it for you. Of course, you just helped promote their services with your post. LOL
    Hi,
    No - everyone at WHT is smart enough to know not to buy services from a spammer..

    But could a mod snip the part of where I copied the PM/AIM message just incase it really did help promote their services. :p

    And thanks, I have reported him.
    Last edited by VL-Adam; 06-30-2009 at 04:10 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    13,277
    I hate to say this but if people didnt put thier AIM,etc contact info all over this site,you wouldnt get crap from spammers on those platforms..





    Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10
    Hello,

    I am not spamming, I just inquired about opening.

    My purpose is not bad, If I disturbed you, then sorry for that.

    But, you made this big issue.

    Here is our chat conversation :

    Session Start (tchrudra:HLRepAdam): Tue Jun 30 21:36:31 2009
    [21:37] tchrudra: Hello,
    [21:37] HLRepAdam: Hi, how may I help you?
    [21:37] tchrudra: We are TechRudra, We provide remote technical support to web hosting business
    [21:38] HLRepAdam: no thank you
    [21:38] tchrudra: Do you have any opening for remote technical support position?
    [21:38] HLRepAdam: you dont need to spam this in wht
    [21:38] tchrudra: sorry for disturbance
    [21:38] tchrudra: Thanks for your time
    [21:39] HLRepAdam: I'll be contacting WHT about this
    Session Close (HLRepAdam): Tue Jun 30 21:40:21 2009

    Once again sorry for all, if I made mistake.

    Thanks to all,
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,948
    While via PM is not allowed here, there was a time in business where it was acceptable to "cold call" a business and ask about their needs. If you weren't interested, you simply said no thank you and they didn't call again.

    Everyone is so "spam happy" these days that any contact to their business is now considered improper. An interesting paradigm shift, I must say.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Here Today - Gone to Maui
    Posts
    6,262
    The shift comes from being pounded by thousands of spam messages. Before I cold call any business now (all NEW local businesses), I send an intro letter via snail mail and call as a follow up.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    Alright then, this thread may be closed.. gone far enough.
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by techrudra View Post
    Hello,

    I am not spamming, I just inquired about opening.

    My purpose is not bad, If I disturbed you, then sorry for that.

    But, you made this big issue.

    Here is our chat conversation :

    Session Start (tchrudra:HLRepAdam): Tue Jun 30 21:36:31 2009
    [21:37] tchrudra: Hello,
    [21:37] HLRepAdam: Hi, how may I help you?
    [21:37] tchrudra: We are TechRudra, We provide remote technical support to web hosting business
    [21:38] HLRepAdam: no thank you
    [21:38] tchrudra: Do you have any opening for remote technical support position?
    [21:38] HLRepAdam: you dont need to spam this in wht
    [21:38] tchrudra: sorry for disturbance
    [21:38] tchrudra: Thanks for your time
    [21:39] HLRepAdam: I'll be contacting WHT about this
    Session Close (HLRepAdam): Tue Jun 30 21:40:21 2009

    Once again sorry for all, if I made mistake.

    Thanks to all,
    As per this conversation he seemed to be polite and told your sorry about disturbing you. I dont know why you brought this into WHT if he had said sorry. I mean read the convo. Unless you wanted just some attention. I thought he was just pming you randomly like he was doing to me.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    As per this conversation he seemed to be polite and told your sorry about disturbing you. I dont know why you brought this into WHT if he had said sorry. I mean read the convo. Unless you wanted just some attention. I thought he was just pming you randomly like he was doing to me.
    Nah, it wasn't disturbing me, just wanted him to learn not to PM random people advertising his services, otherwise he would have continued to do this to other users in WHT as well.

    Don't need any more comments/posts in this thread any more.. can a mod please close it?
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by HL-Adam View Post
    Nah, it wasn't disturbing me, just wanted him to learn not to PM random people advertising his services, otherwise he would have continued to do this to other users in WHT as well.

    Don't need any more comments/posts in this thread any more.. can a mod please close it?
    While the pm might have been a cut and paste, the aim chat seems to have definitely been interactive.

    A single contact via a communications channel does not count as spam. Especially when it is clearly interactive.

    It seems to me that if you keep a communications channel open, then getting occasional contacts on that communications channel ought to be expected and acceptable. Dragging the guy into a public channel seems to be an overreaction.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    All I wanted to know was if ANYONE else got a PM/AIM/Yahoo/MSN message from him.

    I'm sorry if it seemed like I overreacted.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    13,277
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Everyone is so "spam happy" these days that any contact to their business is now considered improper. An interesting paradigm shift, I must say.
    I dont blame them bear really.....

    Spam is insane all over the net,people are bloody sick of it!!

    Why did techrudra PM someone and advertise his stuff?? (Thats an unsolicited PM)





    Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,177
    Closed by request.
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. sendmail spam protection wrapper software to stop LOCAL spam?
    By mrbling in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 06:32 AM
  2. spam SPAM spam SPAM - everyday! barf!
    By kipasa in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:07 AM
  3. http://www.webfuture.co.uk - SPAM SPAM SPAM
    By XTStrike in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2002, 05:15 AM
  4. Hostex.com STAY FAR AWAY, spam spam spam your boat!
    By cbaker17 in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-08-2002, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •