I am John,I am a skilled Linux System Administrator with more than 4 years of experience and with a very strong background in LAMP (Linux + Apache + MySQL + PHP), server and web application security and performance tuning. I am looking for full time/part-time job in Linux administration works.
1. Strong Exposure to Network Architecture and Security on Linux servers.
2. Web Servers - Apache 1.3.x/2.0.x, (expertise in configuring apache modules:
mod_dosevasive, mod_security, mod_rewrite etc ).
3. Performance Tuning/ Monitoring of Servers
4. Mail - SMTP, POP, IMAP, exim.
5. Kernel compilation: Good experience in kernel compilation, 2.2, 2.4 and 2.6.
6. Admin Tools - mytop, vmstat, iostat, top, traceroute, ping, sar, ntop, memcheck
7. Backup - tar, cpio, dump (ufsdump)
8. Security Protocols/Services/Tools - SSH, SSL, IPchains, IPtables, TCP Wrappers.
9. Port scanners: nmap, superscan
10. Vulnerability Scanner: Nessus
11. Hands on experience in OpenVZ
12. Crash Recovery of file systems - Using fsck
Web hosting Tools:
1. Good knowledge in web hosting Control panels such as Cpanel, WHM
2. Managing User Accounts, File Systems, Security, Disk Usage and Backup.
3. Server restoration and transferring of accounts between all types of server.
4. Configuring Nagios for 24/7 server monitoring.
5. Setting up new servers and installing server monitoring softwares like Nagios, MRTG
Knowledge in Security Installations/Configuration
1. Installing and configuring software Firewalls (APF and CSF)
2. Installing and configuring rootkit detection software
3. Scan and harden /tmp /var/tmp directories
4. Extended Binary Hardening
5. PAM Resource Limiting
6. Inetd hardening
7. Installing Brute Force Detection software (APF+BFD)
8. Tweaking MySQL
9. Host.conf & Sysctl Hardening
10. Compiling PHP to the Latest Stable Version
11. PHP Hardening (Tweak php.ini & Disabling of insecure PHP functions)
12. Remove insecure packages and unnecessary softwares
13. Upgrade Installed Softwares to the latest version
14. Install Mod_security apache module with latest custom rules
15. Tripwire installation and configuration
16. Port scanning techniques
17. Mailmon - Sendmail monitor installation
18. ClamAV - Antivirus toolkit installation
19. Install Exim Dictionary Attack ACL
20. Spamassassin installation
21. Setup RBL integrated with major Spam databases
22. Install & Configure MRTG