Is any one getting back links from web directory?

We have submited our web pages in more than 3000 web directories over the period of around six months. But, hardly, we got only 2 back links.

So I am not sure weather it is worth listing web pages in the directories. please advice
    miOOt Chat Solutions
    live chat Software for web hosting Customer Service
    Importance of Live Chat Software for Web Hosting Business

i have just submit 200 and get 45 to 50 link

Lightbulb

Use high page rank directories site. So you get easily more traffic and high page rank to your website.

For which site you are refering ? redesignunit.com don't have any back links from web directories.
    miOOt Chat Solutions
    live chat Software for web hosting Customer Service
    Importance of Live Chat Software for Web Hosting Business

We have a list in another thread, of 150 odd free directories which will give you a take up of between seventy and ninety percent. These are directories which are still accepting submissions. They offer back links and promise nothing more. But this is the nature of this market. You have to be quick on your feet. You also have to know who to talk to and how to screen out the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by jonswilliam View Post
    Use high page rank directories site. So you get easily more traffic and high page rank to your website.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. You have to buy links from directories offering listings on high PR pages. This exposes you to the risk of getting your domain penalised. Secondly you don't get traffic from directories. You submit for the back link you get.

Quote Originally Posted by mioot View Post
    For which site you are refering ? redesignunit.com don't have any back links from web directories.
    Are you using Google to or Yahoo? Google does not report all the back links it picks up.
    Last edited by rainchild; 06-30-2009 at 04:08 PM.

There are some high quality free web directory which may give you backlinks, but that may happen only if your web site in accord with their requirements. You may try some payable web directory, the ones charged too high may not encouraged

Quote Originally Posted by mioot View Post
    We have submited our web pages in more than 3000 web directories over the period of around six months. But, hardly, we got only 2 back links.

So I am not sure weather it is worth listing web pages in the directories. please advice
    This is one of the draw back of directory submission and allmost SEos are advicing to forget directories. THe six month if work for another thing like forum article...etc... can get 1000.. of BL...

If you know what you are doing directories are still the most cost effective and legitimate source of back links. The reason it gets more difficult is that all of us, that is everyone just gives way and accepts spammers as a integral part of what we do. Spam forums, spam blogs, fill the social networking sites with inane and pointless content. Its all part of the grand design.

I think it does work. They often take time to go through and you won't be accepted into all of them.

What are you using to check your backlinks? Are you sure it's accurate?

There are thousands of web directories but one should always go for those who have a decent page rank. In this way, you'll be able to get high PR for ur site, and remember "Quality out-competes quantity."
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

i dont advice that you submit your site in any directory. it isnt good for seo.

maybe it would be better if you start exchange link with your friends, change one by one with strong pr 1 minimum website slowly, also you can ping your website and submit url to google

Code:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6156761&postcount=3
    Last edited by lxspcby; 07-25-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    We have a list in another thread, of 150 odd free directories which will give you a take up of between seventy and ninety percent. These are directories which are still accepting submissions. They offer back links and promise nothing more. But this is the nature of this market. You have to be quick on your feet. You also have to know who to talk to and how to screen out the noise.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You have to buy links from directories offering listings on high PR pages. This exposes you to the risk of getting your domain penalised. Secondly you don't get traffic from directories. You submit for the back link you get.

Are you using Google to or Yahoo? Google does not report all the back links it picks up.
    Not likely, Matt Cutts has stated that they always try to do everything they can to make sure, that Site A wont be able to hurt Site B. If buying links would harm your site, then any competitor with enough money, could just sign you up to all sorts of sites, to get you punished. Which wont happen.

HOWEVER, individual links can get discounted, and those who sell links can lose their ability to pass flow anchor text and PageRank, in the more serious cases they might even be excluded from the search results.

Excessive exchanging of links can however hurt, but take note of excessive. A few links most likely wont harm your site.

Quote Originally Posted by MontaSEO View Post
    Not likely, Matt Cutts has stated that they always try to do everything they can to make sure, that Site A wont be able to hurt Site B. If buying links would harm your site, then any competitor with enough money, could just sign you up to all sorts of sites, to get you punished. Which wont happen.

HOWEVER, individual links can get discounted, and those who sell links can lose their ability to pass flow anchor text and PageRank, in the more serious cases they might even be excluded from the search results.

Excessive exchanging of links can however hurt, but take note of excessive. A few links most likely wont harm your site.

You need to read more Matt Cutts as he has clearly indicated that buying links is strictly a no-no that may attract penalties.

Link exchanges don't attract penalties, Google just finds them, devalues them, yawns and goes on about its business. Don't waste your time.

If you are not getting backlinks from your directory submissions, you are submitting to the wrong directories.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

If buying links would harm your site, then any competitor with enough money, could just sign you up to all sorts of sites, to get you punished. Which wont happen.
    If you are seen to be buying links you will get penalised, not devalued, not a slap on the wrist but put away for a long long time. And fact is that these idiots that slink around peddling their fake PR as the stuff that every webmaster dreams of, are the dregs of the earth, the bottom feeders and they should be shouted at every time they pop out of their respective holes.

Paying for a review is not the same as buying a link. Whereas buying a featured link is. And strictly speaking featured links should be no followed. The same with paying extra for deep links. You are buying links not submitting your site for a review. What about annual "renewal fees"? I wouldn't submit to directories that charge recurring listing fees.
    Last edited by rainchild; 07-26-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Why would you even post these contradictions, are you aware that Matt cutts openly speaks about these topics at YouTupe, twitter, and his blog?

You also lack basic common sense, there is no way that google can tell that you are buying links, it might as well be a competitor. That is why matt cutts specifically stated that the links, or the link selling sites would be the ones taking the fall, ultimately.

And that is my final word on the matter.

Register for Google Alerts for a keyword in your domain / site title - you'll then be alerted to new Google index entries featuring that keyword, and is a reasonably good way to attract new additions.
    @jmedwards
    - find me on Twitter!
    Kayako help desk software - we help our customers help their customers

And that is my final word on the matter.
    So its cool to buy your PR

Matt says so

Quote Originally Posted by besteast View Post
    There are some high quality free web directory which may give you backlinks, but that may happen only if your web site in accord with their requirements. You may try some payable web directory, the ones charged too high may not encouraged
    Why paid directories if the work can be done in free? I dont see any sense in this. There're other ways of getting backlinks and good backlinks as compared to paid directories.

Sheikh there are those who like to preach a doctrine that only "High Quality" links are worth having, when its pretty easy to demonstrate that links from even the newest directories can have ranking value.

Get your links when and where you can find them, but stay away from buying links.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Ahsan View Post
    Why paid directories if the work can be done in free? I don't see any sense in this. There're other ways of getting back links and good back links as compared to paid directories.
    Links are a low value, high volume asset which you need to keep topping up. That is if you can keep up with the attrition. Does it make sense to keep running in circles, chasing your tail and all just to stay in one place. This is what eventually happens.

And a quality link is one which does not have to be replaced. That much is common sense. Secondly there is every reason you should want to pay someone to review your submission. Make no mistake I take every link I can get. I use the auto-approve directories, I use the free directories, I even pay someone to watch for the newest and badest directories there are and to submit my sites to them. Why not? And why not pay someone else to review my site before listing it?

This is where there is a fundamental difference in not only strategy but the ethics that underpin everything each one of us is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Ahsan View Post
    There're other ways of getting back links and good back links as compared to paid directories.
    aaah! but who is privy to these lists? These veritable pearls in a sea of deceit. If they are indeed any good they are a closely guarded secrete known only to the select "few" who will charge you through the nose.......for what?

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    Links are a low value, high volume asset which you need to keep topping up. That is if you can keep up with the attrition. Does it make sense to keep running in circles, chasing your tail and all just to stay in one place. This is what eventually happens.

And a quality link is one which does not have to be replaced. That much is common sense. Secondly there is every reason you should want to pay someone to review your submission. Make no mistake I take every link I can get. I use the auto-approve directories, I use the free directories, I even pay someone to watch for the newest and badest directories there are and to submit my sites to them. Why not? And why not pay someone else to review my site before listing it?

This is where there is a fundamental difference in not only strategy but the ethics that underpin everything each one of us is doing. aaah! but who is privy to these lists? These veritable pearls in a sea of deceit. If they are indeed any good they are a closely guarded secrete known only to the select "few" who will charge you through the nose.......for what?
    rainchild, are you a poet?