Tektonic down ??

For last 1+ hours my VPS along with tektonic.com website which hosts it is down. Does anyone have any info?

Akash
    Last edited by akbsol; 06-29-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Update: My own VPS is UP now after nearly 2 hours of downtime but tektonic's own website is still down.

Interesting i went to their website it isnt down just a white page. Hmmm

Oops. I was accessing the wrong site. Its tektonic.net not tektonic.com. I am not sure whether tektonic.net was working or not while my VPS remained down for 2 hours or so. But tektonic.net is working at present.

Sorry again.

-Regards,
    Akash

Quote Originally Posted by akbsol View Post
    Oops. I was accessing the wrong site. Its tektonic.net not tektonic.com. I am not sure whether tektonic.net was working or not while my VPS remained down for 2 hours or so. But tektonic.net is working at present.

Sorry again.

-Regards,
    Akash
    Oop's if it's http://tektonic.net/ then it's perfectly up for me i was using the .com ;-)

VPS again down and their Real-time support is REALLY not working.

UP again. Isn't anyone else on tektonic going through this roller coaster ride?

Really odd. I have two vps servers from tektonic.net that don't have any downtime for quite a while.
    Last edited by M Bacon; 06-30-2009 at 02:31 AM.

Finally got a word from their live support:

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. The server was undergoing a file system consistency check."

I hope it stays UP from now.

-Regards,
    Akash

Gosh its down again after 12 hours.

Wow, I didn't know it was so bad for a server to develop bad RAM and have to be swapped out at a scheduled time. If you really can't stand ANY downtime whatsoever I highly recommend getting a clustered/load balanced high availability solution. Granted, it's going to cost you multiple times more than the $15/mo you are paying us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseOne View Post
    Wow, I didn't know it was so bad for a server to develop bad RAM and have to be swapped out at a scheduled time. If you really can't stand ANY downtime whatsoever I highly recommend getting a clustered/load balanced high availability solution. Granted, it's going to cost you multiple times more than the $15/mo you are paying us.
    Well the downtime wasn't scheduled Matt. After the server went down thrice in a day, ranging from 2+ hours to 30 minutes, you have now scheduled a RAM change, the notification for which was send to me a few minutes back. Its just that I am very proactive with monitoring my VPS and I had to post here because your live support wasn't working when it happened for the first time and my ticket also remained unanswered for nearly 1 hours 30 mins. I can take downtime but not thrice in row and definately not when there is no one tell that its a problem out here and we are working on it especially when you are so good with your support. That raises expectations.

I know I am paying $15 for a VPS and I know what I should be expecting. Infact I have great regard for Tektonic which is amongst the few I consider reliable relatively for a lower price. I was one of the first members who had signed up when you had started Unixshell-Xen hosting and it was altogather a gr88 exp for even lower price.

So if you feel I acted in hurry by posting here, all I can say is Sorry. But I have been also bitten by the latest Vaserv fiasco so I tread with caution everywhere.

-Regards,
    Akash

Wow. Its down again.

All sorted now. Topic closed (for me ).