Convert whole site to Chinese...

We are a very small hosting company, but I do provide support in english, spanish, and chinese.

Actually my wife assists a lot in the business and she is chinese. We have a handfull of chinese clients that she deals with. And we are targeting A LOT of chinese businesses, due to the very large population in my city.

It is a small niche, but I would like an easy way to make a mirror image of my site in simplified chinese. The translation is so difficult - short of her re-building every page by hand - is there any easier way to do this? Are there any affordable services that do this type of work?

Thanks...
    Joe - HostingWave.Com / TXINSURANCE.COM
    http://www.hostingwave.com
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

You can hire a translation company, but they do tend to run very high in cost. I would expect to pay thousands of dollars, depending on how much content you have.

If your wife is willing to work with you, you will probably be better off doing it yourself.

There are also automatic translation devices, but I'm sure you can guess at how accurate they are.

I think having your site targeted to Chinese-speakers would be an excellent marketing tactic, and well worth your and your wife's effort if at all possible.

Another idea is to make the Chinese version of your site much more simplified. Depending on how many products/services you offer, you might just have one page that introduces yourself and offers the plans and prices. Then you could have a support/contact page, and maybe another page if you need it. It won't be as fancy, but would get the job done.

EDIT: I forgot to add, you can post in the related offers and requests forum to see if anyone will take on the job for you for a fair price. Who knows, someone might, but I'll bet no-one will do it with as much care and attention as your wife, assuming she has any extra time to do so.
    Last edited by Lurleene; 11-08-2002 at 04:06 PM.

I'll do it for $1million, or you can use this cool link and do it yourself

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Have fun!

Thanks for the feedback.

The more I think abou this task, I think it would have to be done by hand.

You can not accurately use online translators. They may be good for one or two common words, but phrases and sentences just don't translate correctly. Honestly there is no good formula to translate english to chinese.

It won't be the first time I had to do something by hand!
    Joe - HostingWave.Com / TXINSURANCE.COM
    http://www.hostingwave.com
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

Want my translation help I charge 999,999. A steal compared to mpop