Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up VPSRight.com Review - Great Support, Fast Servers, Low Cost

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I reviewed a provider, cos i don't switch that often
    Anyways after having a little trouble with my reseller account with the previous provider, i thought of moving onto a VPS. So after searching a bit, I landed on your1hoster.com, which unfortunately got shut down b'cos of a hacking. So after looking in desperation i found VPSRight.com.

I got a deal from WHT offers and landed a sweet deal of $13.99/mo for a 60GB/600GB/512MB VPS. This was somewhere around the 25th of May. Within a weeks time i transfered all my accounts from my reseller and closed it. I used Kloxo as my CP and they were using HyperVM. Well as we all got a shock of LxLabs issues, VPSRight moved to Virtuozzo.

Since then their prices increased to $19.99/mo, but they were kind enough to include cPanel for free.

Enough about the history. Now for the real deal.

Support:
    Their support is nothing compared to any other. There's about at least 3-5 technicians working 24/7 and on shifts. Ticket responses are almost instant but not more 30mins. So you're assured there's someone working on the case. And unlike many others, they actually read the tickets. Also the support people are very educated and handled all my cases easily.
    They even upgraded they support system to Kayako.

Live Support:
    There's always someone in the live chat, they differ from normal sales people to company managers. And the CEO/Owner kinda never sleeps and he's at least 20hrs awake per day working on the servers/support and sales. They're most helpful but if to get full support, you need to open tickets.

Servers:
    Well, their servers a very fast and serves pages really fast. I cant say anything more than that cos i'm not aware of what else to say.

Pricing:
    Pricing was sweet, but after the hike (after being migrating to Virtuozzo), it's a bit hard for me. Specially as i had no control panel to use as Kloxo was unsafe. But they gave me deal and included cPanel/WHM for a viable price of $19.99.

Server Management:
    They offer semi-managed service and i'm really glad i have that cos i'm not a linux guru. They helped me a lot in many occations. So far i habe posted 15 tickets regarding many different tasks which were attended and solved quickly.
    They also offer fully managed services.

Conclusion:
    I'm really happy and great-full about the new provider. Given me great first impression and still keeps it that way. and it's a great relief to know that some one is there to look into things when i need help.

I highly recommend them if you're on the hunt for a new vps and need some sort of support.

Just 4got sum thing in the above post.
    I've been a customer since 25/05/2009.
    my domains: simplispace.com, asankagayan.info

Thank you for your very kind words there Gayan

We do always try our best to make customers happy!

Thanks for sharing your experience with them. It is really nice to see that they have been giving a good service for you. Keep us updated again. Have a nice hosting with them.

I'd like to mention VPSRight your frontpage OrderNow orange button doesn't work.

Thanks for the heads up "BigChe".

I'll get that fixed up shortly.

I'll be posting regularly here folks. And will keep the post updated. BTW if you goto simplispace.com and see just the directory listing please dont worry. I had a website built, but lost the files when accidentally deleted it on reseller account.
    Have a backup tho, need to find it But in the process of building a new site.

Cheers mates.

It's actually very nice to see a good review about them considering all the issue's they been going through about the HostChum situation etc.. Be sure to keep back up's incase. Thank's for your share.

Believe it or not, we are heavily investing into VPSRight along with a 3rd party investor.

We're not going anywhere this time!

what company (llc, ltd, a.s.o) does VPSRight belong to ?
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

Currently, we haven't incorporated but we are planning to and when we do it will most likely be LTD.

However, we already have a brand we could incorporate under but the MODS don't like it because it belongs to Mike.

well, it's a free country, so you must be able to incorporate under any name you like regardless of what other people think or like. Sure, I've seen what the mods of this forum can do when they banned me from a thread where I was arguing about why dnsstuff can promote theire website directly (dnsreport) and I can't paste a link to mine (intodns).

Anyway I am not yet 100% familiar with the laws in the US, but in Europe, in almost any country it's illegal to sell something if you are not registered/incorporated a.s.o.

Yes, I will agree on that.

If we could incorporate with the name that we do have, we would send the forms tomorrow.

Hi,
    Ya, i was aware about that company, after a thread began in WHT some weeks back. But hey, this time they look promising. Seems to have a good business plan. But will keep posting about their services.

glad u have good time so far, its better u keep ur data safe, I have not seen this guy Mike run a hosting company for more than 3-4 months, so beware of tht and keep a regular backup - don't trust based on the first few weeks of service, I know a lot of them who got screwed up due to these and if u can afford try to get an off-site backup provider to store ur files, which can giv u extra safety

cristi4n - I would never trust this Mike guy, I had chat with him few months back when he was running hostchum, he said they were soon getting an LLC, so he did get an llc but a different one - "leaving like child" (if u notice both the admins of hostchum blamed each other for running away with money)

anyhow as this is a review thread, I don't want to really divert the topic and I don't generally appreciate reviews which are lesser than 75 days old, so glad atleast u hav around 33+ days of good service, hope they stay around atleast this time more..

well I have no ideea who Milke is and I don't really give a ..dime. about him right now.
    All I can say about him is that an llc costs 3-400$ a year (offshore of course, but everyone does offshore) so he is a very poor guy by not having that huge amount of money to pay/year.
    I don't see why VPSRight doesn't get registered because of some guy.
    If the mods really like Mike that much then they should share it with us, maby we will start to fell in love with him too.
    Last edited by Cristi4n; 06-30-2009 at 06:18 AM.

cristi- if you can follow some old threads of hostchum, world-of-computing and some other site which he ran for a short span of time, u will know about the mike guy - he is definitely not a poor guy, considering the fact they cheated more than 100 customers

currently he is using John Robnson as the name to disguise himself in vpsright,

gunemalli - each time this Mike guy looks as if its promising its after 3-4 months the users got to know the value of this so called promise by him.

I don't want to divert this topic to tht guy's chat, lets congratulate gunemalli for his good time in vpsright (atleast till now)

Please let me allow to speak here, because i saw this reviews for VPSRight and i have many complains with them.

I was bought a VPS-004 from VPSRight, after i bought the server, i found that the server speed are very low in our area, some of services are not working and many errors i encountered.

I decided to ask a refund, because i have many complians from my existing clients, but Robson never give me, they have many alibys and he promise me to give my refunds yesterday but until now nothing response.

Please i need help here in WHT, i think he waits until my Moneyback guarantee will expire and keeps my money.
    Last edited by bgsebiosjr; 07-01-2009 at 10:25 AM.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your VPS. I assigned a technician to keep a close eye on your VPS and nothing went wrong, and if it did, it was dealt with.

We have also repeatedly asked you to place a cancellation through our billing system so that we can process it and send out a refund, you have repeatedly refused to.

Until the cancellation has been submitted, we cannot help you.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsebiosjr View Post
    Please let me allow to speak here, because i saw this reviews for VPSRight and i have many complains with them.

I was bought a VPS-004 from VPSRight, after i bought the server, i found that the server speed are very low in our area, some of services are not working and many errors i encountered.

I decided to ask a refund, because i have many complians from my existing clients, but Robson never give me, they have many alibys and he promise me to give my refunds yesterday but until now nothing response.

Please i need help here in WHT, i think he waits until my Moneyback guarantee will expire and keeps my money.
    I think the issue here is simple, bgsebiosjr you may have just experienced a bit of poor service, i admit you may have had issue with them, however it might have just been because the server was experiencing temporary high load as you did buy a VPS, i think you should let VPSright have a second chance to get it right, apart from what you have said I have heard nothing but good from VPSright customers I know (Yes 3 of my friends).

Rather than creating a hate campaign on here just try and sort things out in a more civilised manor!

Also it would help if your grammar and spelling were a little better (I know mines not perfect) but your post is hard to understand.
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

Can you tell us/me when did you purchase this server? As you know (or may not know), there was a real issue with the VPS market worldwide in the last month b'cos of the death of the LxLabs and the issues with Kloxo/HyperVM. Even i had issues. But since i was aware of the things i knew what was happenning.

Also i wanna ask you one more thing, how familiar are with VPS and Linux? I am no linux guru, but a mere noob. Even though i am very new to this i easily find answers to my problems via google and relevant forums. To be honest with you all my experience with linux and vps hosting is not more than 2 months.

I don't know what you mean by server speeds, but my page load time has improved(i.e decreased) a lot from my previous reseller account and many of my clients are complementing me for the speed they get.

Good point Gayan, if his VPS was just created he may experience speed issues, also it may have also taken time for his DNS etc to go through, all in all you would have had to had the vps at least 3/4 days before complaining about server speed.

I bought the server in this june.

First after the VPS has setup, some services did not running like httpd and named, so i always submit a ticket from them, so they fix, so i was think that this issius was solve, because it stops alarming me, last week i was tried to open the VPS control panel, but i see that there are 2 services are not running,

and i wonder when i traceroute the IP, its only 2 ip will listed, and most of all my clients always complaining me that the connection are very slow.

so i have no choice, i was always submit a ticket for Moenyback guarantee, but until now they never give me.

*PPP lies about which services are running, which aren't and which are failing.

We are unaware as to why you were receiving 2 IP's listed when trying a trace route from a website, maybe they are hosted on our network.

If you still, would like to be refunded, please submit a cancellation via the client area as requested numerous times and your refund will be processed as early as possible. Without the cancellation request, we cannot refund you.

*(Parallels Power Panel)

After reviewing your post on our advertisement thread, I have taken a look into your VPS and check CSF along with all the services currently activated. CSF is working correctly without any issues. All services that are registered and need to run are running without any issues.

These can be proved via ticket if requested.

Its too late, please i ask you to stop serving and issue my refund now, i was decide to find other hosting provider, because i have many complians here, it is better to find other hositng provider than i lost all my clients.
    Last edited by bgsebiosjr; 07-01-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Yes i have always submiting a tickets for helps, so the alarming has stopped, i was thougth that they fix it, but in last weekend, i found in PPP, there are 2 services has stopped (named and httpd).

Quote Originally Posted by connorjackson View Post
    I think the issue here is simple, bgsebiosjr you may have just experienced a bit of poor service, i admit you may have had issue with them, however it might have just been because the server was experiencing temporary high load as you did buy a VPS, i think you should let VPSright have a second chance to get it right, apart from what you have said I have heard nothing but good from VPSright customers I know (Yes 3 of my friends).

Rather than creating a hate campaign on here just try and sort things out in a more civilised manor!

Also it would help if your grammar and spelling were a little better (I know mines not perfect) but your post is hard to understand.
    Last edited by bgsebiosjr; 07-01-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Well it seems you're not familiar with VPS control panels and hosting control panel. even on my VZO PPP, named and httpd is stating as not working. But in real life they do. Otherwise how do i am able to receive emails and my websites load?
    Also what hosting control panel did you use? cPanel?
    And must i remind you that once in a while services stops responding and they need to be restarted. If you receive messages saying a service stopped, read the mail again.

nameserver failed @ Wed Jul 1 07:08:06 2009. A restart was attempted automagically.

If afterwards, you don't receive emails, that means all is working fine. but if you get a stream of emails, say like 1 minute part then that's when you have the real problem

and about the traceroute you did, i think you used http://network-tools.com. How did i found out this. just b'cos out of curiosity i gave a search on on google for ping and traceroute, this site pops up as 1st site that can do a test.

Here's the link to traceroute my domain and see the result:http://network-tools.com/default.asp...implispace.com

Aint they similar to your complain? That is because that website is hosted on the same network/datacenter as our vps are being hosted. but when i do a trace from our my home i have to go through 13 hops.

Thought to say about this for you to think about. In the mean time, can you provide us with your website's url so we can test it out.

Regards

I have no choice, i have many clietns complains about that server.

Its a simple, i need only a refund, its better to find another provider than i've lost of all my clients.

They close my VPS and i cannot access now.

I was ask the refund, Robson said, you must request for cancellation, so i initiate it. after that they close my VPS and they said they will not refund me.

I will submit this to compalints center, because of dishonesty and bad provider.

That is an absolutely lie!

We have not refused you a refund.

You sent in a claim to PayPal which has now left our account and funds on hold.

I sent you a reply via ticket stating this and that the refund cannot be issued until June 12th when the account is re-activated.

Yes, because you never release my refund until now.

I will submit to Federal trade commission, because of your bad services,

its $35 you never release.

How hard is it for you to understand?

We cannot release your refund until PayPal have reviewed the case!

They have estimated the review completion to be June 12th.

Thats why he never refund my 35$.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi4n View Post
    well I have no ideea who Milke is and I don't really give a ..dime. about him right now.
    All I can say about him is that an llc costs 3-400$ a year (offshore of course, but everyone does offshore) so he is a very poor guy by not having that huge amount of money to pay/year.
    I don't see why VPSRight doesn't get registered because of some guy.
    If the mods really like Mike that much then they should share it with us, maby we will start to fell in love with him too.
    You have many aliby, last week you told me that you refund me on tuesday, and now you make another alibys

I'm not making any alibies. You refund would have been issued if you hadn't of opted for a PayPal claim.

The wait you are experiencing for your refund is your own fault by escalating the dispute to a claim.

I am having no further action within this thread.

This is a remarks from paypal "Seller escalated this dispute to a Claim."

Quote Originally Posted by VPSRight View Post
    That is an absolutely lie!

We have not refused you a refund.

You sent in a claim to PayPal which has now left our account and funds on hold.

I sent you a reply via ticket stating this and that the refund cannot be issued until June 12th when the account is re-activated.
    I do not believe you anymore, its your tricks, after that maybe you said to me "Your moneyback guarantee has been expired".

Pleas read this other thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=vpsright

Quote Originally Posted by gunemalli View Post
    Well it seems you're not familiar with VPS control panels and hosting control panel. even on my VZO PPP, named and httpd is stating as not working. But in real life they do. Otherwise how do i am able to receive emails and my websites load?
    Also what hosting control panel did you use? cPanel?
    And must i remind you that once in a while services stops responding and they need to be restarted. If you receive messages saying a service stopped, read the mail again.

nameserver failed @ Wed Jul 1 07:08:06 2009. A restart was attempted automagically.

If afterwards, you don't receive emails, that means all is working fine. but if you get a stream of emails, say like 1 minute part then that's when you have the real problem

and about the traceroute you did, i think you used http://network-tools.com. How did i found out this. just b'cos out of curiosity i gave a search on on google for ping and traceroute, this site pops up as 1st site that can do a test.

Here's the link to traceroute my domain and see the result:http://network-tools.com/default.asp...implispace.com

Aint they similar to your complain? That is because that website is hosted on the same network/datacenter as our vps are being hosted. but when i do a trace from our my home i have to go through 13 hops.

Thought to say about this for you to think about. In the mean time, can you provide us with your website's url so we can test it out.

Regards

well vpsright , u can pay him via paypal through the claim , in tht case the paypal claim would be closed very soon, its just when u carry on the case the days for the resolution would take longer

@koolnhot;

PayPal have locked the claim and we cannot act upon it until it has been processed.

We will refund the money as soon as we can, until then, we cannot do anything.

@bgsebiosjr;

We did not escalate it to a claim, after the last post we made, we received an email saying the buyer had escalated the dispute to a claim.

Your money will be refunded at the earliest possible time.

I read that thread, i was hesitant to reply to it as it cause a little bit misunderstanding. I am fully aware of that issue, and i myself found the solution for what he has been told.
    1.Yum not installed-Virtuozzo doesn't have many OS templates and the default one don't come installed with yum. Easily fixed by doing a google.
    2. The other thing is said to be fault of Virtuozzo, it has been fixed.
    3. Please refer to the attached images so that they'd clarify what i mean.

Now back to our thread

Well, what i feel is u r soo lame and dumb and dont know much about vps's and you don't like to admit it.

For your information, as i have stated in my initial post, my experience on vps is very very short. I have done everything myself with the help of using google. Even to the point of installing cpanel/kloxo/webmin/virtualmin etc myself and using the shell with the help of google and a little patience.

On the paypal thing, i don't know how it works, as i haven't sold anything. But i know that lockouts can happen as it has hapend to me (when i try to pay) many times and it stays that way for a couple of days.

The other thing i noted on another thread of yours, you started the thread as if you're giving a review about another vps provider, but suddenly in the middle you say you were not reviewing them but you were asking information about them. This is really confusing.

As far as i can see, you have an issue with english. Even me, english is not my 1st language. But i would suggest you use a translating tools such as google translate or yahoo's babelfish. that it ease up on others to understand you well.

PS:
    it's 12.45am and i'm very sleepy. so please don't mind about grammar n spellings.

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic1.jpg   pic2.jpg  

Thanks Gayan for the English tip, it will certainly be a help for the users to see what a n00b this dude is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast