Review: Sharkspace

Hey guys! I've been with sharkspace now for over 2 weeks and wanted to give a review.

Their website is very fluid and easy to navigate. Anytime I submit a ticket I get a quick response and their administration has been very flexible with my requests.

The server connection is quick and I've not noticed any 'laggy' or 'slow' response times no matter what the time of day is.

Since they use cpanel and whm it makes their services extremely easy to use.

A big problem that will affect you and your customers is the following:

Any time you use filezilla to upload files, their hacking detection/DoS detection blocks your IP. So if you need to upload files to install vbulletin / media wiki or another PHP script plan to take hours making support tickets.

Their firewall rules are very strict, and apparently they haven't taken the time to make them work correctly.

For example: Tonight I've been trying to upload mediawiki and have been banned by the firewall twice. A reply to my support ticket says I've been trying to "perform a portscan."

Just remember, if you have clients that rely on ease of use you may want to wait until they can get the kinks worked out. Otherwise you won't have any problems and will be very happy with support times and server response.

Did you disable PASV in filezilla?

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJihad View Post
    Did you disable PASV in filezilla?
    No I haven't disabled passive mode, and I don't expect my clients would either.

The port scanning block issue has been corrected on all servers. It has been set to only monitor non used ports so it should no longer be an issue for anyone.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkSpace View Post
    The port scanning block issue has been corrected on all servers. It has been set to only monitor non used ports so it should no longer be an issue for anyone.
    Thanks! Like I said, their support is awesome.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Happy to see that you are with your best provider. Keep us posted again.

I'm glad to see you satisfied with them. Thanks for the review. Keep us updating further.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles