Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405

    Any Dedi Host offering 75%+ off or first month free/

    I am currently looking for a new server host because liquidweb & igsglobe keep failing on me. Liquid web is a bit over my budget now, and igsglobe support sucks and my servers have been down with them.

    75% off the first month or first month free so I can test them.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    2,820
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    Hey,

    BurstNET/Nocster are currently offering the first month for $1.00 on a dozen of their packages at the moment I believe
    http://www.nocster.com/spc1.shtml
    I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow .
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,410
    I highly doubt you will find a dedicated server free for the first month. But, you may want to take a look at the offers section. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36 Also, check out WholeSale Internet/Joe's Datacenter.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Are you looking for a managed or unmanaged server?
    PACIFICRACK - Striving for Automated and Scalable Servers
    Features Include: Public&Private Networks, Automated Forward and Reverse DNS, RWhois, Local OS Repos, Remote Reboot
    Coming Soon: Remote OS Installs, Recovery Boot, VPN Tunnel, Multiple Locations with Private Network Interconnections!
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_OC3 View Post
    Are you looking for a managed or unmanaged server?
    unmanaged preferably.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    << I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow . >>

    Our entire network was replaced In 4th QTR 2008, and has been solid/stable ever since---I highly doubt you would have such an issue since that upgrade occurred.
    .
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,419
    there are several with first month free deals.

    the 75% off is scary though - anyone offering that much off is bound to be going out the door soon.

    If you have had such problems you should not be looking for deals but rather stable hosts and then if they have a deal that is gravy.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    << I heard about that but a friend of mine says you guys have problems with your servers still. He has been with you guys for 1 year. >>

    First of all, that would be 3rd party information, and not permitted here on WHT. Secondly, as a whole, that is entirely false. I don't know what kind of rumor you or your "friend" are trying to spread here---but please back it up with some facts, not a generalization of our client base as a whole. Check the Outages forum here on WHT, and feel free to point out any outage reported in the past 6 months---you would be hard pressed to find such. We operate thousands upon thousands of servers in our facility, so it is possible/definate that there have been problems with specific servers from time to time (that is unavoidable by ANY large host in this industry, and is the nature of the hosting/computer service industry)---but to state that we have "problems with your servers still" as a whole, is just plain false and out of line.
    .
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    650
    I doubt you are going to find a host that will give you 75% off a dedicated server. A VPS probably... but not a dedicated machine.
    Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting
    Powered by OpenVZ | Servers located in the USA | 99.9% Uptime
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow .

    Looking at your link in your sig, if that is your service, then that could be the issue as to why every server you get is "slow". Unlimited everything can tend to do that.

    I would be surprised if you could get a "free" month from any dedi provider. That just sounds ripe for abuse.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dallas/FortWorth TX
    Posts
    1,677
    I too doubt anyone would give u first month free, except if u signup for for a minimal, on the other hand provider gotta make sure u stay with them for long and secure their offer.
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    << I heard about that but a friend of mine says you guys have problems with your servers still. He has been with you guys for 1 year. >>

    First of all, that would be 3rd party information, and not permitted here on WHT. Secondly, as a whole, that is entirely false. I don't know what kind of rumor you or your "friend" are trying to spread here---but please back it up with some facts, not a generalization of our client base as a whole. Check the Outages forum here on WHT, and feel free to point out any outage reported in the past 6 months---you would be hard pressed to find such. We operate thousands upon thousands of servers in our facility, so it is possible/definate that there have been problems with specific servers from time to time (that is unavoidable by ANY large host in this industry, and is the nature of the hosting/computer service industry)---but to state that we have "problems with your servers still" as a whole, is just plain false and out of line.
    .
    .
    The OP is also the person that says "My friend said Virtuozzo doesn't cost anything". He always quotes his friends.... I wonder who his friend's are.



    The only reason you had problems with igsobe is because they gave you an Opteron 248 instead of an Opteron 250. It was an honest mistake that your server was provisioned w/ the wrong proc. The OP complains about everything, no matter what. I've yet to see one thing out of the OP's mouth that is positive to any company. He just uses the free(Or near free) month and leaves anyways.
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    The OP is also the person that says "My friend said Virtuozzo doesn't cost anything". He always quotes his friends.... I wonder who his friend's are.

    The only reason you had problems with igsobe is because they gave you an Opteron 248 instead of an Opteron 250. It was an honest mistake that your server was provisioned w/ the wrong proc. The OP complains about everything, no matter what. I've yet to see one thing out of the OP's mouth that is positive to any company. He just uses the free(Or near free) month and leaves anyways.

    Very enlightening...thank you for the information.
    .
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    << I heard about that but a friend of mine says you guys have problems with your servers still. He has been with you guys for 1 year. >>

    First of all, that would be 3rd party information, and not permitted here on WHT. Secondly, as a whole, that is entirely false. I don't know what kind of rumor you or your "friend" are trying to spread here---but please back it up with some facts, not a generalization of our client base as a whole. Check the Outages forum here on WHT, and feel free to point out any outage reported in the past 6 months---you would be hard pressed to find such. We operate thousands upon thousands of servers in our facility, so it is possible/definate that there have been problems with specific servers from time to time (that is unavoidable by ANY large host in this industry, and is the nature of the hosting/computer service industry)---but to state that we have "problems with your servers still" as a whole, is just plain false and out of line.
    .
    .
    I have to add to this also.

    I got a server from you guys around March last year and it was very sluggish and the network wasn't the best, but after the upgrades at the end of last year, I grabbed one of the $1 boxes a while back for development purposes and the server/network in general, were FAR better than it used to be, very very good.
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    The OP is also the person that says "My friend said Virtuozzo doesn't cost anything". He always quotes his friends.... I wonder who his friend's are.



    The only reason you had problems with igsobe is because they gave you an Opteron 248 instead of an Opteron 250. It was an honest mistake that your server was provisioned w/ the wrong proc. The OP complains about everything, no matter what. I've yet to see one thing out of the OP's mouth that is positive to any company. He just uses the free(Or near free) month and leaves anyways.
    I was having troubles with that. My server has been offline for the past 8 days now. This is ********. I have no problems with softlayer and other hosts I am with.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    I was having troubles with that. My server has been offline for the past 8 days now. This is ********. I have no problems with softlayer and other hosts I am with.
    Then stay with softlayer? If you don't have a problem with them, why do you need free/near free servers?
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    215
    The server for "paidhosts" is offline because he's requested a refund, which will be done today. We don't provide a server *AND* the refund, you have to get a handwritten note from god himself for that .. sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    215
    I'd like to share the following thread, I stumbled across. The link was in the signature line of arber/paidhosts signature(the thread's creator), I stumbled across it when replying to a support email from this customer, but didn't understand it at the time, nor did I bring it up. Now it does make sense...

    --<snip>--

    Hey everyone,

    I was wondering what kind of private servers should we host? We now have dual 1gbps connection(host gave me free because of some problems) + 1 month free because they forgot to give me 4gb ram + gave me wrong cpu(2 248 instead of 2 250s).

    --<snip>--

    If you had any doubt the thread creator wasn't looking for free service from providers, that should get rid of any doubts.

    Mr. Arber, would you be able to share with the rest of the class why you've posted that thread? After all, you weren't provided with a free server for a month, and I don't even think you requested one.

    So, what's the point?

    John C. Young
    Managing Director
    Internet Gateway of South Beach
    http://www.igsobe.com
    Last edited by jcy1978; 07-03-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added link to the thread
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dallas/FortWorth TX
    Posts
    1,677
    lol this is getting interesting.
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    506
    This is getting interesting, listen man why would someone give you 75% off?

    Why would any host trust you in the first place?
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewanson View Post
    This is getting interesting, listen man why would someone give you 75% off?

    Why would any host trust you in the first place?
    He's been used to it for some time.


    1) Burstnet gave him his first month for $1 because of their promotion
    2) John Young gave him 80% off his first month


    He bag's on every provider who gives him crazy deals, which is absolutely CRAZY!
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewanson View Post
    This is getting interesting, listen man why would someone give you 75% off?

    Why would any host trust you in the first place?
    Agreed. The only thing I saw similar to the OP's requirements is ServerBeach's 2nd month free offer. http://twitter.com/ServerBeach
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by jcy1978 View Post
    I'd like to share the following thread, I stumbled across. The link was in the signature line of arber/paidhosts signature(the thread's creator), I stumbled across it when replying to a support email from this customer, but didn't understand it at the time, nor did I bring it up. Now it does make sense...

    --<snip>--

    Hey everyone,

    I was wondering what kind of private servers should we host? We now have dual 1gbps connection(host gave me free because of some problems) + 1 month free because they forgot to give me 4gb ram + gave me wrong cpu(2 248 instead of 2 250s).

    --<snip>--

    If you had any doubt the thread creator wasn't looking for free service from providers, that should get rid of any doubts.

    Mr. Arber, would you be able to share with the rest of the class why you've posted that thread? After all, you weren't provided with a free server for a month, and I don't even think you requested one.

    So, what's the point?

    John C. Young
    Managing Director
    Internet Gateway of South Beach
    http://www.igsobe.com
    Hmm and his forum has a ton of direct warez linking on it, including stuff he posted. Looks like info on running Maplestory servers (wasnt there a thread on how bad that was a while back somewhere?) Looks like he is just interested in yet another freebie.
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dallas/FortWorth TX
    Posts
    1,677
    Isnt this like going to baskin robbins and asking for a taste scoop of every flavor u can get and in the end coming out stomach full without buying ice-cream ??
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by IPStrada LLC View Post
    Isnt this like going to baskin robbins and asking for a taste scoop of every flavor u can get and in the end coming out stomach full without buying ice-cream ??
    Exactly!


    As I told everyone from the getgo, he uses the servers, then leaves.
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    Exactly!


    As I told everyone from the getgo, he uses the servers, then leaves.
    do you have any proof?
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    do you have any proof?
    You did it to burstnet, then igsobe.



    EDIT: Reading your forum, you can tell you did it to another provider in Toronto also...


    EDIT2: Is that a cracked Windows Server 2008 Enterprise that I see you were installing?!?!
    Last edited by Jacob Wall; 07-04-2009 at 01:57 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    You did it to burstnet, then igsobe.
    haven't signed up with burstnet with the current offer. I bought a server from one of their resellers. Dont remember though if I find it ill post it here. Cost me around 500$ and then I screwed I canceled it and went with softlayer.
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    haven't signed up with burstnet with the current offer. I bought a server from one of their resellers. Dont remember though if I find it ill post it here. Cost me around 500$ and then I screwed I canceled it and went with softlayer.
    How do you rack up a $500 bill @ BurstNET? Did you buy everything on their order form?


    Also, why aren't you at Softlayer anymore? By reading your forum you've jumped host to host well over 3 times since April '09.
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    How do you rack up a $500 bill @ BurstNET? Did you buy everything on their order form?


    Also, why aren't you at Softlayer anymore? By reading your forum you've jumped host to host well over 3 times since April '09.
    Softlayer hosts something else. My forum is hosted offshore, we switched a couple hosts because the other netherland server hosters were not providing good service, the servers were constantly down and such.
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    Softlayer hosts something else. My forum is hosted offshore, we switched a couple hosts because the other netherland server hosters were not providing good service, the servers were constantly down and such.
    I only saw one post on your nulled vBulletin forum that talked about switching web hosts. On WHT, we're all talking about the dedicated servers in which you keep grabbing, leaving, and then talking trash about the provider. If softlayer serves you well, you should have no problem at all affording their servers, considering you supposedly racked up a $500 bill at Burstnet.
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    I only saw one post on your nulled vBulletin forum that talked about switching web hosts. On WHT, we're all talking about the dedicated servers in which you keep grabbing, leaving, and then talking trash about the provider.
    I have all transaction. I went from connectswitches nl vps servers to euvps netherland vps now to a new nl host. The only hoster I have been talking trash abuot is IGSobe because they really are horrible, I also said somethings about burst.net but nothing saying their horrible I just have bad experiences with them and I do not want to go back to them.
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    retracted..
    Last edited by Jacob Wall; 07-04-2009 at 02:19 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    From what I've seen, you've overreacted over simple mistakes. You *SHOULD* of submitted a ticket via their support desk, and not rely just on emails. Emails are usually not checked as much as far as I've seen. You also left out key parts of the emails in which you were blatantly rude to John & his staff which is unacceptable.
    if you checked his site he doesn't have a support system. Well theres on in whmcs but theres no departments in http://www.igsobe.com/whmcs/
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    if you checked his site he doesn't have a support system. Well theres on in whmcs but theres no departments in http://www.igsobe.com/whmcs/
    I retract my statement on the account, you can't submit a ticket via the helpdesk. That's odd.
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    I retract my statement on the account, you can't submit a ticket via the helpdesk. That's odd.
    If you look on his site at the top it shows a support link and when you click it it opens up windows mail so I have been contacting him via phone & email.
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    I have been able to come up with the following

    Number 1 he is a student of Maple High School Class of 2011 in Toronto.

    Number 2 he owns arberb.com, which uses a FAKE Whois address of 30 SH3
    Tirana, Tirana l9i3u4
    AL

    This intrigues me... since his "hosting company" arbershosting.com is whois protected.

    Number 3 seeing his screenshot of his new server ( http://i42.tinypic.com/29w77vc.jpg ), it looks like his new server of Dual Quad Core Nehlam 2.13GHZ
    6GB DDR3RAM
    500GB HD
    100MBPS CONNECTION W/10TB BW

    Is at GNAX IP: 207.210.72.170

    Number 4 he made a hack video for a game, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMatBPXEPd8

    If you listen correctly, "we switched it to a different server in the netherlands cause the server we were having before were having troubles and it had old hardware."

    Anyways, I wonder how many servers he has, have fun guys!
    CANNOT stop, WILL NOT stop, bok bok bok boklau!
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    405
    I have already found a new host. Please close this thread.

    Liquidweb.com is now hosting me.

    Stop Spamming this thread and BokLau, LLC - facebook is funny wont let me change my school. Also 2011 do you believe that.
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
  2. VPSNow.net is Offering First Month Free Resellers
    By ihostdev in forum Reseller Hosting Offers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM
  3. New webhost offering 1 month free to try us out
    By ianmillar in forum Shared Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 04:38 AM
  4. GoSilo.com - Offering 3 host FREE consultation and marketing
    By cscertified in forum Employment / Job Offers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 05:31 PM
  5. Offering first month free with dedicated servers.
    By COOLASU in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •