hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Any Dedi Host offering 75%+ off or first month free/
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Any Dedi Host offering 75%+ off or first month free/

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Any Dedi Host offering 75%+ off or first month free/

I am currently looking for a new server host because liquidweb & igsglobe keep failing on me. Liquid web is a bit over my budget now, and igsglobe support sucks and my servers have been down with them.

75% off the first month or first month free so I can test them.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Marketing Guru

Hey,

BurstNET/Nocster are currently offering the first month for $1.00 on a dozen of their packages at the moment I believe
http://www.nocster.com/spc1.shtml

Old 06-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
Hey,

BurstNET/Nocster are currently offering the first month for $1.00 on a dozen of their packages at the moment I believe
http://www.nocster.com/spc1.shtml
I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow .

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Cultivated in California

I highly doubt you will find a dedicated server free for the first month. But, you may want to take a look at the offers section. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36 Also, check out WholeSale Internet/Joe's Datacenter.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:57 PM
WHT Addict

Are you looking for a managed or unmanaged server?

Old 06-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_OC3 View Post
Are you looking for a managed or unmanaged server?
unmanaged preferably.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Industry Grandfather

<< I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow . >>

Our entire network was replaced In 4th QTR 2008, and has been solid/stable ever since---I highly doubt you would have such an issue since that upgrade occurred.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Web Hosting Master

there are several with first month free deals.

the 75% off is scary though - anyone offering that much off is bound to be going out the door soon.

If you have had such problems you should not be looking for deals but rather stable hosts and then if they have a deal that is gravy.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Industry Grandfather

<< I heard about that but a friend of mine says you guys have problems with your servers still. He has been with you guys for 1 year. >>

First of all, that would be 3rd party information, and not permitted here on WHT. Secondly, as a whole, that is entirely false. I don't know what kind of rumor you or your "friend" are trying to spread here---but please back it up with some facts, not a generalization of our client base as a whole. Check the Outages forum here on WHT, and feel free to point out any outage reported in the past 6 months---you would be hard pressed to find such. We operate thousands upon thousands of servers in our facility, so it is possible/definate that there have been problems with specific servers from time to time (that is unavoidable by ANY large host in this industry, and is the nature of the hosting/computer service industry)---but to state that we have "problems with your servers still" as a whole, is just plain false and out of line.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Web Hosting Master

I doubt you are going to find a host that will give you 75% off a dedicated server. A VPS probably... but not a dedicated machine.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Got Ingress ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow .

Looking at your link in your sig, if that is your service, then that could be the issue as to why every server you get is "slow". Unlimited everything can tend to do that.

I would be surprised if you could get a "free" month from any dedi provider. That just sounds ripe for abuse.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Web Hosting Master

I too doubt anyone would give u first month free, except if u signup for for a minimal, on the other hand provider gotta make sure u stay with them for long and secure their offer.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Think big, and discover! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
<< I heard about that but a friend of mine says you guys have problems with your servers still. He has been with you guys for 1 year. >>

First of all, that would be 3rd party information, and not permitted here on WHT. Secondly, as a whole, that is entirely false. I don't know what kind of rumor you or your "friend" are trying to spread here---but please back it up with some facts, not a generalization of our client base as a whole. Check the Outages forum here on WHT, and feel free to point out any outage reported in the past 6 months---you would be hard pressed to find such. We operate thousands upon thousands of servers in our facility, so it is possible/definate that there have been problems with specific servers from time to time (that is unavoidable by ANY large host in this industry, and is the nature of the hosting/computer service industry)---but to state that we have "problems with your servers still" as a whole, is just plain false and out of line.
The OP is also the person that says "My friend said Virtuozzo doesn't cost anything". He always quotes his friends.... I wonder who his friend's are.

The only reason you had problems with igsobe is because they gave you an Opteron 248 instead of an Opteron 250. It was an honest mistake that your server was provisioned w/ the wrong proc. The OP complains about everything, no matter what. I've yet to see one thing out of the OP's mouth that is positive to any company. He just uses the free(Or near free) month and leaves anyways.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 AM
Industry Grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
The OP is also the person that says "My friend said Virtuozzo doesn't cost anything". He always quotes his friends.... I wonder who his friend's are.

The only reason you had problems with igsobe is because they gave you an Opteron 248 instead of an Opteron 250. It was an honest mistake that your server was provisioned w/ the wrong proc. The OP complains about everything, no matter what. I've yet to see one thing out of the OP's mouth that is positive to any company. He just uses the free(Or near free) month and leaves anyways.

Very enlightening...thank you for the information.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Marketing Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post

I have to add to this also.

I got a server from you guys around March last year and it was very sluggish and the network wasn't the best, but after the upgrades at the end of last year, I grabbed one of the $1 boxes a while back for development purposes and the server/network in general, were FAR better than it used to be, very very good.

Closed Thread