Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Dedi Host offering 75%+ off or first month free/

I am currently looking for a new server host because liquidweb & igsglobe keep failing on me. Liquid web is a bit over my budget now, and igsglobe support sucks and my servers have been down with them.

75% off the first month or first month free so I can test them.
      0 Not allowed!

Hey,

BurstNET/Nocster are currently offering the first month for $1.00 on a dozen of their packages at the moment I believe
    http://www.nocster.com/spc1.shtml
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    Hey,

BurstNET/Nocster are currently offering the first month for $1.00 on a dozen of their packages at the moment I believe
    http://www.nocster.com/spc1.shtml
    I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow .
      0 Not allowed!

I highly doubt you will find a dedicated server free for the first month. But, you may want to take a look at the offers section. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36 Also, check out WholeSale Internet/Joe's Datacenter.
      0 Not allowed!

Are you looking for a managed or unmanaged server?
    PACIFICRACK - Striving for Automated and Scalable Servers
    Features Include: Public&Private Networks, Automated Forward and Reverse DNS, RWhois, Local OS Repos, Remote Reboot
    Coming Soon: Remote OS Installs, Recovery Boot, VPN Tunnel, Multiple Locations with Private Network Interconnections!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_OC3 View Post
    Are you looking for a managed or unmanaged server?
    unmanaged preferably.
      0 Not allowed!

<< I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow . >>

Our entire network was replaced In 4th QTR 2008, and has been solid/stable ever since---I highly doubt you would have such an issue since that upgrade occurred.
    SmartHost, LLC - The Intelligent Hosting Solution! - Multiple Locations - US/EU!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors
      0 Not allowed!

there are several with first month free deals.

the 75% off is scary though - anyone offering that much off is bound to be going out the door soon.

If you have had such problems you should not be looking for deals but rather stable hosts and then if they have a deal that is gravy.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

<< I heard about that but a friend of mine says you guys have problems with your servers still. He has been with you guys for 1 year. >>

First of all, that would be 3rd party information, and not permitted here on WHT. Secondly, as a whole, that is entirely false. I don't know what kind of rumor you or your "friend" are trying to spread here---but please back it up with some facts, not a generalization of our client base as a whole. Check the Outages forum here on WHT, and feel free to point out any outage reported in the past 6 months---you would be hard pressed to find such. We operate thousands upon thousands of servers in our facility, so it is possible/definate that there have been problems with specific servers from time to time (that is unavoidable by ANY large host in this industry, and is the nature of the hosting/computer service industry)---but to state that we have "problems with your servers still" as a whole, is just plain false and out of line.
    SmartHost, LLC - The Intelligent Hosting Solution! - Multiple Locations - US/EU!
      0 Not allowed!

I doubt you are going to find a host that will give you 75% off a dedicated server. A VPS probably... but not a dedicated machine.
    Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting
    Powered by OpenVZ | Servers located in the USA | 99.9% Uptime
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    I used to use burstnet but stop because of the server constantly being slow .

Looking at your link in your sig, if that is your service, then that could be the issue as to why every server you get is "slow". Unlimited everything can tend to do that.

I would be surprised if you could get a "free" month from any dedi provider. That just sounds ripe for abuse.
      0 Not allowed!

I too doubt anyone would give u first month free, except if u signup for for a minimal, on the other hand provider gotta make sure u stay with them for long and secure their offer.
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    << I heard about that but a friend of mine says you guys have problems with your servers still. He has been with you guys for 1 year. >>

First of all, that would be 3rd party information, and not permitted here on WHT. Secondly, as a whole, that is entirely false. I don't know what kind of rumor you or your "friend" are trying to spread here---but please back it up with some facts, not a generalization of our client base as a whole. Check the Outages forum here on WHT, and feel free to point out any outage reported in the past 6 months---you would be hard pressed to find such. We operate thousands upon thousands of servers in our facility, so it is possible/definate that there have been problems with specific servers from time to time (that is unavoidable by ANY large host in this industry, and is the nature of the hosting/computer service industry)---but to state that we have "problems with your servers still" as a whole, is just plain false and out of line.
    The OP is also the person that says "My friend said Virtuozzo doesn't cost anything". He always quotes his friends.... I wonder who his friend's are.

The only reason you had problems with igsobe is because they gave you an Opteron 248 instead of an Opteron 250. It was an honest mistake that your server was provisioned w/ the wrong proc. The OP complains about everything, no matter what. I've yet to see one thing out of the OP's mouth that is positive to any company. He just uses the free(Or near free) month and leaves anyways.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    The OP is also the person that says "My friend said Virtuozzo doesn't cost anything". He always quotes his friends.... I wonder who his friend's are.

The only reason you had problems with igsobe is because they gave you an Opteron 248 instead of an Opteron 250. It was an honest mistake that your server was provisioned w/ the wrong proc. The OP complains about everything, no matter what. I've yet to see one thing out of the OP's mouth that is positive to any company. He just uses the free(Or near free) month and leaves anyways.

Very enlightening...thank you for the information.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post

I have to add to this also.

I got a server from you guys around March last year and it was very sluggish and the network wasn't the best, but after the upgrades at the end of last year, I grabbed one of the $1 boxes a while back for development purposes and the server/network in general, were FAR better than it used to be, very very good.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post

I was having troubles with that. My server has been offline for the past 8 days now. This is ********. I have no problems with softlayer and other hosts I am with.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paidhosts View Post
    I was having troubles with that. My server has been offline for the past 8 days now. This is ********. I have no problems with softlayer and other hosts I am with.
    Then stay with softlayer? If you don't have a problem with them, why do you need free/near free servers?
      0 Not allowed!

The server for "paidhosts" is offline because he's requested a refund, which will be done today. We don't provide a server *AND* the refund, you have to get a handwritten note from god himself for that .. sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

I'd like to share the following thread, I stumbled across. The link was in the signature line of arber/paidhosts signature(the thread's creator), I stumbled across it when replying to a support email from this customer, but didn't understand it at the time, nor did I bring it up. Now it does make sense...

--<snip>--

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what kind of private servers should we host? We now have dual 1gbps connection(host gave me free because of some problems) + 1 month free because they forgot to give me 4gb ram + gave me wrong cpu(2 248 instead of 2 250s).

--<snip>--

If you had any doubt the thread creator wasn't looking for free service from providers, that should get rid of any doubts.

Mr. Arber, would you be able to share with the rest of the class why you've posted that thread? After all, you weren't provided with a free server for a month, and I don't even think you requested one.

So, what's the point?

John C. Young
    Managing Director
    Internet Gateway of South Beach
    http://www.igsobe.com
    Last edited by jcy1978; 07-03-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added link to the thread
      0 Not allowed!

lol this is getting interesting.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.
      0 Not allowed!

This is getting interesting, listen man why would someone give you 75% off?

Why would any host trust you in the first place?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mathewanson View Post

He's been used to it for some time.

1) Burstnet gave him his first month for $1 because of their promotion
    2) John Young gave him 80% off his first month

He bag's on every provider who gives him crazy deals, which is absolutely CRAZY!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mathewanson View Post

Agreed. The only thing I saw similar to the OP's requirements is ServerBeach's 2nd month free offer. http://twitter.com/ServerBeach
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jcy1978 View Post
    I'd like to share the following thread, I stumbled across. The link was in the signature line of arber/paidhosts signature(the thread's creator), I stumbled across it when replying to a support email from this customer, but didn't understand it at the time, nor did I bring it up. Now it does make sense...

--<snip>--

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what kind of private servers should we host? We now have dual 1gbps connection(host gave me free because of some problems) + 1 month free because they forgot to give me 4gb ram + gave me wrong cpu(2 248 instead of 2 250s).

--<snip>--

If you had any doubt the thread creator wasn't looking for free service from providers, that should get rid of any doubts.

Mr. Arber, would you be able to share with the rest of the class why you've posted that thread? After all, you weren't provided with a free server for a month, and I don't even think you requested one.

So, what's the point?

John C. Young
    Managing Director
    Internet Gateway of South Beach
    http://www.igsobe.com
    Hmm and his forum has a ton of direct warez linking on it, including stuff he posted. Looks like info on running Maplestory servers (wasnt there a thread on how bad that was a while back somewhere?) Looks like he is just interested in yet another freebie.
      0 Not allowed!

Isnt this like going to baskin robbins and asking for a taste scoop of every flavor u can get and in the end coming out stomach full without buying ice-cream ??
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast