Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hosting for huge image upload service

Hello
    I'm looking for hosting for my image upload service site, it has a lot of traffic (50-100 Gb/day) and the most important requrement is of course unmetered traffic.

VDC or Dedicated as well as processor/cpu metrics is not so important instead of price.

Any ideas where I can run my site?

(BTW, is there shared hosting service who allow image upload service?)

Thanks a lot for all in advance

No there's no shared hosting that allows image hosting , especially you need 100GB / day

Try 10tb.com
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature

This is going to be out of the range of shared hosting services. Also, you do not need un-metered traffic if the site is doing 50-100 GB a day. The most it would use is 3000 GB a month based on that. There has been a lot of offers lately in the dedicated offers forum for servers with 4GB to 10GB traffic.
    cPanel Hosting
    Site5.com - Best support in the hosting business!

there are shared hosts that will allow you to have image hosting sites but not at that bandwidth level - don't trust what unlimited bandwidth providers tell you - it's never true

look for dedicated offers - something that offers you 10mbps unmetered would do the trick since that provides you around 3.3tb of monthly bandwidth

do you already have a site established? or are you looking to get it started?

Your main problem is the traffic. You definitely need a dedicated server. You should be able to find something decent in the 60-100$ range...

It's likely that you'll need a fairly powerful dedicated server as well to handle the traffic load.

My site is already established and it seems like traffic will increase in future (I plan merge my site with 2-3 others).

Is it possible to find something like Celeron + 1/2Gb ram + 250Gb HDD + 100 Mbps 5-10Tb included in US/Europe for 30-50USD?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moskovitter View Post
    My site is already established and it seems like traffic will increase in future (I plan merge my site with 2-3 others).

Is it possible to find something like Celeron + 1/2Gb ram + 250Gb HDD + 100 Mbps 5-10Tb included in US/Europe for 30-50USD?

Thanks
    for $30-$50 for a server that gives you 5-10tb of bandwidth is impossible. Bandwidth isn't cheap.

ok, any recomendations for 50$+ ?

You can find a shared hosting on high speed network with 100 Gb/day (3000GB/month)at around $50/month
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 06-28-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    You can find a shared hosting on high speed network with 100 Gb/day (3000GB/month)at around $50/month
    95% of shared providers won't allow file hosting/file sharing. OP: Read the TOS carefully.

Best recommendation is a VPS or dedicated.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Quote Originally Posted by serverorigin View Post
    95% of shared providers won't allow file hosting/file sharing. OP: Read the TOS carefully.

Best recommendation is a VPS or dedicated.
    But 5% is still there to match the budget of the OP

for $30-$50 you will not get sufficient BW..
    WebHost18.com - Domains | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Server
    Bravo Technologies - Complete Network and Security Solutions Provider

Quote Originally Posted by webhost18 View Post
    for $30-$50 you will not get sufficient BW..
    ~ $50 may be fine with 3TB bandwidth

Where? I suppose that would be impossible in the US and Canada

But, it it might leave the OP with no room for future growth if his site(s) are already at the ragged edge of the TOS. Say he uses 3.0TB of bandwidth, what happens when he grows to 3.1TB of bandwidth. He'll be back here moaning how his provider is making him bend over and now is looking for a host that allows 3.5TB of bandwidth.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

He can get 3TB at $50 in the US and in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    Where? I suppose that would be impossible in the US and Canada
    There are sellers in the US that can do this ....granted the server is unmanmaged, on a 10MB port, etc.
    madgenius.com - Corp.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Offering Windows, and Linux OS's

Image hosts use lots of bandwidth and it's not very profitable business lot of problems and not big ad earning so you must select your host very wise and think about the future if today you consume 50 to 100gb a day after a month you may consume 200GB a day

so you should start with atleast 3000GB transfer and can be upgradable to 100MB unmetered in future

Hello
    I'm looking for hosting for my image upload service site, it has a lot of traffic (50-100 Gb/day) and the most important requrement is of course unmetered traffic.
    That's an average of 5-10 megabits a second.

Assuming users also download what is uploaded, you need a fast enough link to be able to handle all the simultaneous downloads without slowdown.

How fast the link needs to be depends on the size of files, but a 100mbps link may not be fast enough ... 10 users downloading at 10 megabits a second each would fully load a 100mbps link. That would probably be OK for shprt periods - say for small files up to 50 million bytes - but if downloading gigabyte files, the link could be fully loaded for hours on end. Users would experience slowdowns, some would cancel the download and retry later - maybe from another PC.

So I think you can rule out shared hosting and a single VPS; maybe a server with 100mbps link would be fast enough, but maybe you are better off with multiple servers, or a single server with link faster than 100mbps.

Thanks
    OVH Kimsufi L is about $30 a month (+VAT for EU customers); Celeron, 1GB RAM, 250GB disk, 100mbps, 4TB.

OVH Kimsufi XL is about $45 a month (+VAT for EU customers); AMD Athlon, 2GB RAM, 250GB disk, 100mbps, 6TB.

I've not used OVH; people seem to swear by or swear at them.

Get an Atom server
    madgenius.com - Corp.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Offering Windows, and Linux OS's

on a 10MB port
    That's going to be limiting the real data transfer at under 3TB, possibly well under,and with performance issues during usage peaks.

Trying to use high data transfer values at a price that puts your provider in the red is never a wise long term choice. Put your site/business on solid foundations now, or get the funding to turn it into the next Youtube and sell it to the higher bidder to recoup the accumulated losses and make a profit too.

Hai,
    I also would like find web hosting provider that support image hosting.But i was able to find few as following:

1)dreamhost.com provide unlimited space and bandwidth(e.g:hotlinkimage.com,picfoco.com and others).
    2)HostMonster also unlimited for space and storage.
    But the problem is their do not support nudity and taking serious about nudity.
    3)phatsevers.com also support image hosting.I not sure about their performance because i was recommended by nakedhosting

But i still not find yet any web hosting that fulfill my requirement which i would like able to host nudity image also.Dreamhost look great but expensive a bit which cause around USD$9.9 per month or USD$5.95 for 10 Years.

are you sure DreamHost allow image hosts for 9,9$ a month only ?
    I don't think they will allow it on shared !!?

You try who.is the hotlinkimage.com and picfoco.com.......
    Quote Originally Posted by pads View Post
    are you sure DreamHost allow image hosts for 9,9$ a month only ?
    I don't think they will allow it on shared !!?

According to domaintools

hotlinkimage.com is hosted on a dedicated server.
    picfoco.com is hosted on a dedicated server.

I'm not going to lie - this thread is scary...

Anybody using 3TB+ of transfer per month that cannot afford the true cost of that data transfer usage is not doing a good job of monetizing their site.

You either need to make your site pay for itself or you need to have sufficient money to support your hobby.

You're not going to find a host that will reliably give you 3TB+ of bandwidth on a monthly basis for anywhere near your budget of $50/month. Others may tell you otherwise and you may choose not to believe what I am telling you - but you will find out on your own I am sure.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gmchun83 View Post
    You try who.is the hotlinkimage.com and picfoco.com.......
    seeing ns25.dreamhost.com in Whois info doesn't mean they are hosted on shared maybe they are hosted on Dedicated Server in DreamHost

ImageHost and Shared logically not possible maybe when your site is new and you have few amount of traffic then yes shared can take it but sites like picfoco they have huge amount of traffic I don't believe they simply hosted on shared

He can get 3TB at $50 in the US and in Europe.
    That's not true, 1 Mbps cost more than $5 per month, 10 Mbps (that's approximately 3 TB per month in theory) cost you at least x 6 what you said. Also maxim a 10 mbps port in full you can get at max a 70/80% of the port speed. You wont be able to transfer 3 TB in a month.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I know many US and EU providers who will provide 5TB at around $100/month.

It was not true......As i know dreamhost do not provide dedicated server packages but addon for vps........and i was tested my web hosting before at domain tools before.My website was hosting at ixwebhosting and have dedicated ip address.Then,the domain tools detect my website is using dedicated server which is not true.The domaintools detect any website that have dedicated ip address is using dedicated server..........
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbano View Post
    According to domaintools

hotlinkimage.com is hosted on a dedicated server.
    picfoco.com is hosted on a dedicated server.

Dreamhost don't have dedicated server packages.Maybe there upgrade to vps which only cost around USD$15 more per months..........I was also consider to host my image hosting website since i saw hotlinkimage and picfoco was working great at dreamhost
    seeing ns25.dreamhost.com in Whois info doesn't mean they are hosted on shared maybe they are hosted on Dedicated Server in DreamHost

ImageHost and Shared logically not possible maybe when your site is new and you have few amount of traffic then yes shared can take it but sites like picfoco they have huge amount of traffic I don't believe they simply hosted on shared
    Last edited by gmchun83; 07-06-2009 at 03:01 AM.

Your best bet may be clustered slices, talk with slicehost to work out some sort of bandwidth package and either keep upgrading your slice or cluster multiple slices for load balancing. That is a lot of traffic don't get suckered by unlimited bandwidth hosts that can't hold up to their offer.

Dreamhost don't have dedicated server packages.Maybe there upgrade to vps which only cost around USD$15 more per months..........I was also consider to host my image hosting website since i saw hotlinkimage and picfoco was working great at dreamhost
    in that case am really confused , I will be very impressed if they are truly hosted on shared plan at DreamHost because PicFoco is so big site with 600 Alexa Rank

I am also curious.......
    in that case am really confused , I will be very impressed if they are truly hosted on shared plan at DreamHost because PicFoco is so big site with 600 Alexa Rank

I am also curious.......
    They aren't hosted on a shared plan.

It'd be impossible, since such a site's hosting costs would be $x,xxx per month. Unless DreamHost are giving them $x,xxx/month hosting for <$10 per month

What may have happened is that they started off their site (when very small) with DreamHost, and then (as to not lose them), DreamHost have done a custom deal with them to provide dedicated servers as necessary.

And I agree fully with MikeDVB's comments - it is sort of scary to see someone want to host quite a busy site, using a lot of bandwidth, for low-mid $xx per month.

You could technically get an old P4 processor box with an 10 Mbit connection for low-mid $xx per month, although there would be numerous bottlenecks (RAM, CPU and connection speeds at peak times, at the very least)
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Invest the extra buck and get a decent server at least, in the $70-100 range, at least in that area you will be able to properly host your site, with decent performance.

Getting Cheap Dedicated servers will not solve the security issues. The Hosting Company will dissappear within some days. If you want a Dedicated Server, i prefer you use rackspace or planet

I know many US and EU providers who will provide 5TB at around $100/month.
    And which providers would those be?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast