min post for reviews?

There's always been a lot of people who post reviews about companies and that's their first post. Always makes me wonder if they are legit or not.

Would it be possible to set a min post (let's say 10 posts) before someone can post a review about a company?

It would help with the fake reviews. I think the only way we could do this is create a sub-forum just for reviews and setting min posts on the sub forum.

I think a sub forum of reviews would be good too, that way they stick around for a while and are easier to read without going through all the other crap the webhosting forum has.

Thoughts?
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Don't really see the point myself.

When someone posts a review they are asked to provide the domain they have hosted, either publicly, or privately. This should reduce the fake reviews.

Having a seperate forum for reviews is not a bad idea though.

A lot of time we will ask for the domain and they will never respond, but the review will stay up
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Quote Originally Posted by HostOrca View Post
    Don't really see the point myself.

When someone posts a review they are asked to provide the domain they have hosted, either publicly, or privately. This should reduce the fake reviews.

Having a seperate forum for reviews is not a bad idea though.
    Oh we'll be having a dedicated place for reviews real soon. Well - hopefully within a few months.

I doubt we'll have a minimum post count required though. If we did, we'd have to do the same for other feedback threads.

I think the review verification process we have in place works about as good as any review verification can work.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by EditDNS-Tyler View Post
    A lot of time we will ask for the domain and they will never respond, but the review will stay up
    It doesn't mean that they didn't verify via the helpdesk.

It might mean that some slackin' moderator didn't update the thread though.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I think its a good idea to have a cooling off period. I've seen clients rushing to the forum with their first post to slam a host. If there were a need to raise say 50 posts before doing a review then their really would be a lot less slagging off on WHT. I really can't stand reading someone's first post of how they tell everyone their troubles and how their host is the worst in the world...oh and how they can't get a refund on that $10 per month..well you get the picture. On the flip side reviews done by users with 1000+ posts are very imformative and worth the read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima VPS View Post
    I think its a good idea to have a cooling off period. I've seen clients rushing to the forum with their first post to slam a host. If there were a need to raise say 50 posts before doing a review then their really would be a lot less slagging off on WHT. I really can't stand reading someone's first post of how they tell everyone their troubles and how their host is the worst in the world...oh and how they can't get a refund on that $10 per month..well you get the picture. On the flip side reviews done by users with 1000+ posts are very imformative and worth the read.
    True but sometimes a frustrated user may be trying to get some help from the hoster by forcing them to respond here. Just a thought meaning, the system which is currently in place is good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    Oh we'll be having a dedicated place for reviews real soon. Well - hopefully within a few months.

I doubt we'll have a minimum post count required though. If we did, we'd have to do the same for other feedback threads.

I think the review verification process we have in place works about as good as any review verification can work.
    Great to hear that a review forum will be set up in a few months time.
    So what is keeping it from being set up at a sooner date?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

That will be great. No more spending long hours searching for reviews on the whole forum, and get plenty of unrelated posts..
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

What happened to this?

Arrow

If you don't mind, can I ask that how do you verify someone's website when it is reported to you?
    Modelwebhost.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMReseller | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept Paypal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, Payza, OKPAY and Bank payments

I actually made an account to inform others of a lousy host and spare their money and I really consider it unnecessary to have a certain amount of posts to do that.

I think WHT is desperately in need of something like this, and I would also like to know if you are still planing on creating a section dedicated to review only? For what its worth, I also think adding some type of post count minimum is a great idea and might lighten some of the work-load on your mods (I think it will also add some extra credibility to the reviews).
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

This is 2 years old, I don't think it's coming anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    This is 2 years old, I don't think it's coming anytime soon...
    ya, I saw that, but since they said a few months two years ago, I was also curious to find out why they decided not to move forward with it?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

A cooling off period would be helpful.
    Justin

Dedicated section for reviews is a bad idea in my opinion. Everybody would be posting and nobody reading.
    RAM Host -- Premium & Budget Linux Hosting From The USA & EU
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel CloudLinux Shared Hosting
    █ & Cheap Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    Dedicated section for reviews is a bad idea in my opinion. Everybody would be posting and nobody reading.
    Those looking for reviews will automatically search there, won't they?
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Report them. We don't read every thread to know when there is a review going on.

Yes, this is a very good idea of having separate forums for reviews as this will definitely reduced the fake reviews. Moreover the time consumed in fetching for the reviews also get reduced to a great extent.