Need a similar spec VPS to fsck

My VPS survived the fsckvps disaster, however it hasn't been right since. The worst thing is services keep stopping on it, and I can barely connect with SSH. Everything takes so long. Between 3 and 5 minutes waiting for a login prompt and the same wait for everything else, even simple pwd or ls commands.

Support say they "fix" it, it works for an hour then goes back to a crawl, I'm looking for a similar priced, similar specced package from another provider that is reliable! Can anyone do this? I don't need that much storage or transfer, RAM and CPU are important due to having to sort large result sets and scan/index 2-million row databases.

I have the $35/mo Plan
    -2GbRAM (4Gb Burst)
    - 90Gb Disk
    - 2.4Ghz Guaranteed
    - 1500Gb Transfer

I only use it for a single large MySql database with low to medium traffic, linked to from a website and some simple service scripts.

I do appreciate the trouble fsckVPS have had the last few weeks, but it's affecting my sites now and I need the reliability more than promises of it being fixed or a free month of useless VPS.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

You can find a few offers with similar specs and similar prices in the "Web Hosting Offers" forum section. If you're not sure about a particular one, just search for some reviews before choosing, or choose a provider that offers money back guarantee.
    █ Wafer VPS
    US North Carolina Based
    Self-Managed OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Check out our offers!

The other thing to keep in mind is when getting a packaged based on price you will often get what you pay for. If you need the VPS to be online you may want to spend just a little more than $35 a month and consider optimizing your mysql which will in turn reduce the amount of resources required from the get go.

Thanks for the replies, there seems to be a lot of companies around, I'd prefer one that people would recommend personally.

The database and queries are properly indexed and optimised, MySQL server is configured properly and it doesn't exceed the allocated resources. Even when the MySQL daemon is STOPPED the SSH connection still sucks.

I know $35 a month is not much, I don't need any server management and bandwidth is very low. I will consider upping my budget anyway =]

Hi Virtuo,

If you don't need much bandwidth, then probably would be best just to go for a low bandwidth package with possibly high storage/ram capacity as you required, see if you can find a customized solution for yourself on "FIND A HOST". Good luck.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

From which company yu have bought the current dedicated server ?

Is there any specific location you're looking for?

I would check out the offers forum, and take a look at some recent reviews!

Good luck in your search.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

Go thru the offers section... there are many cheap vps providers there....

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuo View Post
    Thanks for the replies, there seems to be a lot of companies around, I'd prefer one that people would recommend personally.

The database and queries are properly indexed and optimised, MySQL server is configured properly and it doesn't exceed the allocated resources. Even when the MySQL daemon is STOPPED the SSH connection still sucks.

I know $35 a month is not much, I don't need any server management and bandwidth is very low. I will consider upping my budget anyway =]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi Virtuo,

If you don't need much bandwidth, then probably would be best just to go for a low bandwidth package with possibly high storage/ram capacity as you required, see if you can find a customized solution for yourself on "FIND A HOST". Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    Some of the Fsck packages are hard for a lot of providers to match, but I'm sure if you use "FIND A HOST" or http://hostmonk.com - you should be able to find a provider around either !
    Quote Originally Posted by adwivedi View Post
    Go thru the offers section... there are many cheap vps providers there....
    did you guys not read what he said ( i quoted it at the top for you)

I would reccomend dme hosting. I have used them and three 39 dollars a month,
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

i am using 2host.com they had this promo 512mb xen for 5$ so i took 2 GB for 20 $ with 40GB space and 300GB bandwidth. go to offers section for vps and see the post its about 20 days old and click on the link. It will take u to special order page for WHT users. The period of promo has ended but i ordered after that and got one so u might as well get one. Just ask before ordering.