Thread: Paypal Help

Question Paypal Help

Hi,

I have a question. I have created a business account in paypal for my web hosting site, but I haven't got a business bank account. Can I link it to my own bank account? Or would it not work? Can you please help, I would have linked WHMCS to my personal paypal account, but it dosent look professional having a individuals name on it and not the sites name.

Hope someone can help.

According to rules PayPal asking to link it to Business Account, but linking to personal current account actually works.

Hello,

Yes, you could link to your personal account, but for accounting purpose it will be much better to use your business account.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingASPNet View Post
    Yes, you could link to your personal account, but for accounting purpose it will be much better to use your business account.
    And quite possibly for legal reasons too. Co-mingling business and personal funds is an easy way to lose an LLC's limited liability protection. If you're a sole-proprietor/trader it may not matter now, but someday it will.
    Jeff Standen, Software Architect, Cerb
    Cerb - web-based teamwork and workflow automation - https://cerb.ai/

Never heard of it being an issue. You could always link it then remove it after the account is verified? Setup a personal PP account and link the bank account to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jstanden View Post
    And quite possibly for legal reasons too. Co-mingling business and personal funds is an easy way to lose an LLC's limited liability protection. If you're a sole-proprietor/trader it may not matter now, but someday it will.
    Agreed. It is always good to keep business and personal accounts seperate. But, you will be able to add a personal account no problem.