* Can this domain be salvaged?

(I'm just an amused and interested bystander).

A popular local news site was not renewed and has gone into redemption. I suspect the registrar emails went to an old non-monitored email address. The site stopped functioning Thursday and the corporate owners opted to buy a new domain yesterday and mirror the content. Can they salvage the old domain or is it gone baby gone?

Registrar: EASYSPACE LTD.
    Whois Server:
    Name Server: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
    Name Server: NS2.DREAMHOST.COM
    Name Server: NS3.DREAMHOST.COM
    Updated Date: 25-jun-2009
    Creation Date: 16-may-2003
    Expiration Date: 16-may-2009

Citrus Heights, CA
    It's in redemptionPeriod, They need to contact the registrar and work it out.

I don't know why they haven't. The new domain is with the same registrar.

It is possible to salvage a domain even when it is about to be deleted.
    It costs more money of course, in and after redemption, but certainly worth it if they have built up backlinks etc.

Contact them and say this, maybe they are unaware of the workings of domains.

Contact the current registrar, pay them restoration charges and the domain is live.

I wonder, why nobody from that firm suggested this option instead of taking a new domain!!!

it is still salvagable, it is in redemption, so all they have to do is pay the fees(which might be quite significant) and regain rights to the domain

Planet Earth
    it could cost anywhere from $125.00 to $500.00 for redemption based upon the registrar of choice.
    Professional Plesk Webhosting.
    No overselling.
    Always available for you. - 1-352-3164619

They did cough up & redeem the domain.

The last days have been frustrating for the staff and readers because, as you may have noticed, our website address at quit working Friday and didnít come back online until today.

It was a technical problem, and everythingís up and running, but we owe our readers and advertisers an explanation.

We lost the right to use the domain name on the Internet because the notice that we needed to renew it was automatically diverted to a junk mail file and we didnít see it. Ever throw the water bill in the trash by accident and arrive home some days later to find the water cut off? Well, thatís essentially what happened.

We set up a backdoor address Friday, which many of you saw and visited after we put the link in our newsletters, which went out as scheduled.

While the episode was embarrassing, and we took and are taking a well-deserved mocking, it is also inspiring. So many of you contacted us with various levels of concern, anger, sarcasm, and curiosity. Love us or hate us, you want your NPT!

Too bad, I would have liked to dropcatch it and sell it back to them

Seriously now though, why do people let their domains expire? At least they admit they goofed up, many companies don't. is a premium plugin to make a directory using WordPress racing, mods, sales, and general discussion of pocket bikes