Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

WebtHosting.com STAY AWAY

Ok i will remain clam but only put up the facts

I was on thier online chat the perason said just try us out 30 days also listed in TOS or you get your money back .

1) open ticket connection problems server is under high load
    2) Open ticket to cancel account
    3) They said No we will create another account on another server
    4) i said i will try it out ..
    5) server is still under high load connections etc etc
    6) requested refund btw this is all within a week
    7) no reply to ticket sent e-mail and they responded that they will issue a refund it takes 5 days .. I waited 8 . sent e-mail
    no answer .. I could not login to my cpanle account nor the Billing panel .. My account closed been weeks i have been email they just ignore my e-mails

Just little information . If you whois the information on the domain everything is a fake . I should of looked into it see if they hide .

anyone have any legit contact with them but I am the type of person that wont let this go . i will spend 500 for 71.00 that they scamed me from.
      0 Not allowed!

they are having bad support...

its been 19 hours and they still haven't responded to my ticket which i ask them to open up port 3306!!
      0 Not allowed!

I'd contact their upstream host to see if they have "REAL" contact info for the owner. They are hosted by Theplanet.Com

ThePlanet may be able to provide the contact info for the company or person. Depends on their privacy policy. I'd also attempt a chargeback if you can to get some of your money back if they do not respond.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by weaklinks View Post
    i will spend 500 for 71.00 that they scamed me from.
    hmm why not make it a round $1000?.....it's just a shame you didn't throw that kind of money about looking for a reputable host before plumping with the lower end of the market.

You could have found a more reliable host for a few bucks more than the $71 you've been drifted out of.

Anyways, I hope you get it sorted out.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 06-27-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.
      0 Not allowed!

honestly, i thought webthosting was a good company.
    website looks very professional.

and whois ( http://whois.domaintools.com/webthosting.com ) shows that they are ranked around 40,000 which is pretty good.

honestly, my site is running pretty smooth. but bad start out with the support.

my opinion is that they don't offer support on the weekends?
    i asked them to help me transfer files from another web host and they said they don't do file transfer on weekends because they have less staffs.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast View Post
    they are having bad support...

its been 19 hours and they still haven't responded to my ticket which i ask them to open up port 3306!!
    If the support was bad why did you come back again after trying different host? You even said uptime was not good at the host you tried so you came back.
      0 Not allowed!

The whois info is 100% correct. In case of phone number you have to add the local STD code before the number listed in WHOIS.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok i will remain clam but only put up the facts

I was on thier online chat the perason said just try us out 30 days also listed in TOS or you get your money back .

1) open ticket connection problems server is under high load
    2) Open ticket to cancel account
    3) They said No we will create another account on another server
    4) i said i will try it out ..
    5) server is still under high load connections etc etc
    6) requested refund btw this is all within a week
    7) no reply to ticket sent e-mail and they responded that they will issue a refund it takes 5 days .. I waited 8 . sent e-mail
    no answer .. I could not login to my cpanle account nor the Billing panel .. My account closed been weeks i have been email they just ignore my e-mails

Just little information . If you whois the information on the domain everything is a fake . I should of looked into it see if they hide .

anyone have any legit contact with them but I am the type of person that wont let this go . i will spend 500 for 71.00 that they scamed me from.
    1. Hit the cancel tab
    2. Open a sales ticket for refund
    3. Wait up to 7 business days without holidays
    4. You should not violate any terms.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    hmm why not make it a round $1000?.....it's just a shame you didn't throw that kind of money about looking for a reputable host before plumping with the lower end of the market.

You could have found a more reliable host for a few bucks more than the $71 you've been drifted out of.

Anyways, I hope you get it sorted out.

owm
    $71 was probably on a 2 year plan which is very cheap.
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't call this a scam....far from it..if the guy's covered by the money back guarantee thing.

Seems a pretty cheap plan.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    If the support was bad why did you come back again after trying different host? You even said uptime was not good at the host you tried so you came back.
    other host: uptime not so great. support was great.
    webthosting: uptime is great. support not so great.

in the end, i prefer uptime rather than support since I know I won't be needing to use it much.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok i will remain clam but only put up the facts ...

i will spend 500 for 71.00 that they scamed me from.
    Do you mind providing the domain name that has you spending $500 to get $71?
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ
      0 Not allowed!

other host: uptime not so great. support was great.
    webthosting: uptime is great. support not so great.

in the end, i prefer uptime rather than support since I know I won't be needing to use it much.
    We give uptime a higher priority. However we will also be having 24/7 live chat support soon although I can't provide the estimated time.

Regards,
    Soumik
    Last edited by bentink; 06-28-2009 at 06:38 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

honestly, i thought webthosting was a good company.
    website looks very professional.

and whois ( http://whois.domaintools.com/webthosting.com ) shows that they are ranked around 40,000 which is pretty good.

honestly, my site is running pretty smooth. but bad start out with the support.

my opinion is that they don't offer support on the weekends?
    i asked them to help me transfer files from another web host and they said they don't do file transfer on weekends because they have less staffs.
    We have a dedicated person for transferring files from Monday to Friday.

Regards,
    Soumik
      0 Not allowed!

1) Whois info is a fake Please investigate No such address
    2) I know how to dial a phone number that is not in the US . I dial the UK and AUS for my daily calls for work
      0 Not allowed!

Here is the last e-mail from them .. i know what they are doing bottom line i paid by paypal and they closed my account ignored my mails that is fraud
    plain and simple but I wont let them get away with it. It's going to cost them much more then me

HERE is the last e-mail i saved everything even chat logs

Ticket ID: 657401 Refund‏
    Sent: Thu 6/04/09 1:07 PM
    To: Weaklinks (weaklinks@XXX.com)

We will proceed with your request soon.

--
    Kind Regards,
    WebT Hosting
    ---

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

Ticket ID: #657401
    Subject: Refund
    Ticket URL: http://www.webthosting.com/hosting/v...401&c=NCZhztXI

The problem I face they closed my account
      0 Not allowed!

1) Whois info is a fake Please investigate No such address
    2) I know how to dial a phone number that is not in the US . I dial the UK and AUS for my daily calls for work
    Whois info is correct including address. You need to add 33 as the area code in case of the phone.
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm, I see now. You opened a dispute long back. Our terms says you are not eligible for a refund by opening a dispute. Violations of the Terms of Service will waive the refund policy.

And the money is not with us, it is with Paypal as you opened a dispute. So this thread is totally not a point. You kept on telling we did not return your money when it is with Paypal. There is no option to refund. You will get your money when Paypal does as we have nothing to do in this. And now it proves the whole thread was a lie only to bring down our fame. That was a nice way to do that anyway,

Regards,
    Soumik
      0 Not allowed!

BTW :

I am offering $100.00 USD Reward for anyone who gets me a legit Phone number to the company and Address . Don't give me the whois info.
      0 Not allowed!

The dispute was before the Sales took your ticket to refund the money. And Paypal takes around a couple of weeks to end the dispute normally. Your money is not with us.

Regards,
    Soumik
      0 Not allowed!

BTW :

I am offering $100.00 USD Reward for anyone who gets me a legit Phone number to the company and Address . Don't give me the whois info.
    The phone number is 33 24431821 (33 is the area code that is not there in the whois at present)
      0 Not allowed!

We do not have enough spare people to fight such disputes or process them. As soon as a dispute is received your account is canceled and you will get the money after Paypal closes the dispute.

Regards,
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

BTW :

Go and Buy a hosting in that amount of money and stop wasting your time , he gave you the phone # .

their servers are ok but support is awful, if I was the owner I'd hire 5-6 person to work all the day (switch). especially in India there are many guys that can work for a very cheap salary.
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for pointing that OP.
    Support is of the most importance
      0 Not allowed!

Give it up weaklinks. You are unable to grasp your own situation. Host cannot give a refund when there is a pending dispute. Its your ownb fault for initiating the dispute before submittng proper cancellation request. So stop asking for one. Do you really expect him to send you money when there is a possibility that PayPal will also be reversing the charge? Is it your intention to create a payday for yourself by coming here?
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast